Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
It's a shame that we aren't yet firing on all cylinders, because that means we should really need to play our preferred starting XI into top form.

But with the busy Crimbo schedule round the corner I think it's too late for that approach now.

Instead we have no option but to rest players into form - else there will be more injuries occuring no doubt. And that would be fatal and could derail our whole season.

Last edited by van Gogh; 29/11/19 01:30 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We need a few changes to freshen it up abit, so I would go:

------ Alisson

TAA VvD Lovren Robertson

Hendo -- Wij -- Ox

Salah -- Firmino -- Mane

I Would be looking to take 2 of the front 3 off as early as I could to give them a rest, so bring on the likes of Origi, Shaq or Keita (if fit), also try and give Robertson a rest by replacing him with Milner, if we can get a comfortable lead.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

------ Alisson

TAA VvD Lovren Robertson

Hendo -- Wij -- Ox

Salah -- Firmino -- Mane

I Would be looking to take 2 of the front 3 off as early as I could to give them a rest, so bring on the likes of Origi, Shaq or Keita (if fit), also try and give Robertson a rest by replacing him with Milner, if we can get a comfortable lead.

Mm why not.

I might even be tempted to try a 4-2-3-1 with the players you picked:

-------------Alisson-------------

TAA--Lovren--VvD--Robertson

-------Hendo---------Wij-------
----------------Ox---------------

--Salah----Firmino-----Mane--

Ox shouldn't play on the flank - he should be in the middle, and we need to try out a new way of play with Fab out for 1-2 months anyway. Is Brighton maybe a good game to deploy 2 dm's, and set Ox free to express himself and link up offensively with our front 3?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh

------ Alisson

TAA VvD Lovren Robertson

Hendo -- Wij -- Ox

Salah -- Firmino -- Mane

Mm why not.

Ox shouldn't play on the flank - he should be in the middle, and we need to try out a new way of play with Fab out for 1-2 months anyway. Is Brighton maybe a good game to deploy 2 dm's, and set Ox free to express himself and link up offensively with our front 3?

I agree, Ox needs to be central, in my 3 he's not really on the wing as he would be rotating and they are quite narrow with TAA & Robbo pushing on, just didn't look right with Wij on the left!

I don't think we need 2 DM's at home to Brighton, but Henderson & Wij are not purely defensive, and will push on, but I think it is important we give Ox the freedom to run with the ball at Brighton and stretch them, creating space for the front 3. I suspect Klopp will replace Fab with Lallana anyways, as he wants to try him as the holding MF.

I would like us to get comfortable in the lead early on and then take some key players off to rest, we've just not put ourselves in that position for a while.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Important week for us here. Two home games and an early kick off on the south coast next Saturday.

9/9 will be massive for us especially if others drop points.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I agree, Ox needs to be central, in my 3 he's not really on the wing as he would be rotating and they are quite narrow with TAA & Robbo pushing on, just didn't look right with Wij on the left!

I don't think we need 2 DM's at home to Brighton, but Henderson & Wij are not purely defensive, and will push on, but I think it is important we give Ox the freedom to run with the ball at Brighton and stretch them, creating space for the front 3. I suspect Klopp will replace Fab with Lallana anyways, as he wants to try him as the holding MF.

I would like us to get comfortable in the lead early on and then take some key players off to rest, we've just not put ourselves in that position for a while.

Yeah, I think you are right.

Lallana will probably play - or the dynamic trio (Milner, Wij and Hendo).

The problem for me is that against teams like Brighton 2 never mind 3 of that trio on the pitch at the same time really makes us soo slow and predictable.

We need speed and creativity. Ie play Shaq or Ox to make things happen between the lines a lot more.

Against Napoli we were mainly rolling the ball about outside their defence lines. No running in between creating spaces.

We need to change that against teams sittning deep.

So what I would like to see is only 1 of Milner, Wij and Hendo. We probably need all 3 of them in the derby anyway, so they could need some resting today.

Then I would play 2 of Lallana, Shaq and Ox. Or even Origi and drop Bobby into the N:o 10 role.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Yeah, I think you are right.

Lallana will probably play - or the dynamic trio (Milner, Wij and Hendo).

The problem for me is that against teams like Brighton 2 never mind 3 of that trio on the pitch at the same time really makes us soo slow and predictable.

We need speed and creativity. Ie play Shaq or Ox to make things happen between the lines a lot more.

Against Napoli we were mainly rolling the ball about outside their defence lines. No running in between creating spaces.

We need to change that against teams sittning deep.

So what I would like to see is only 1 of Milner, Wij and Hendo. We probably need all 3 of them in the derby anyway, so they could need some resting today.

Then I would play 2 of Lallana, Shaq and Ox. Or even Origi and drop Bobby into the N:o 10 role.

I think we'll play 2 of Hendo, Wij and Milner+Ox

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H

------ Alisson

TAA VvD Lovren Robertson

Hendo -- Wij -- Ox

Salah -- Firmino -- Mane

Mm why not.

Normally I'd be very much in agreement with those posts above. Against Brighton, with no disrespect intended, I'd be pretty confident while resting some key players, particularly with the Blue's coming up, but lord, oh lord, we're struggling over the line against these type teams this season so far, clinching injury time winners to get over the line, seems like every game! Tbh one has to say our form with the exception of the City game is worrying, and we're almost inexplicably conceding in virtually every game! Anyway having got that off my chest, I'll I'll inexplicably go for: yes 3 - 1 ....what else could it possibly be?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I'm going to go with a bold 5-0 prediction and yes that means a rare cleansheet, surely we're due a big score line game?

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It'd be nice to see Newcastle take something off City before we play. I think we'd get a huge boost seeing City drop points again and it may allow us to play with more freedom than we've played in recent times.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion