KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#629597 - 24/11/19 11:14 PM Re: Naby Keita [Re: Dunk]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

We deploy a front 3. He seems to be lost in that system. If we cashed him in a German side would give us 30m + for him.

I am not so sure what role he was bought for. Our front 3 picks itself and since Fabinho has come in the midfield has changed shape from the way it previously supported the front 3. Especially when it is the full backs supplying the ammunition.

In Germany he had a poor disciplinary record. We have either cleaned him up a bit too much or he can't match the tempo of the game to the point where he can't get into trouble. I am not sure as to who needs to be missing on a regular basis for him to become a regular starter himself.

It is a shame because he seems to try so hard. He has had incredibly bad luck in front of goal. I look at Ox and at the moment everything he hits goes in. With Naby it is the opposite and he might have had a few more assists if others had not been so wasteful.

It is a difficult one. Just when he has hit form he has got injured. Then it is a long wait to get back in the team. Such is the strength of the first XI. But at 53M it is understandable that we as fans should expect him when fit to be more of a regular starter than he is.

#629599 - 25/11/19 03:26 AM Re: Naby Keita [Re: Dunk]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Dunk
What's your thoughts on Naby Keita? Do you think he'll come good? Seen enough of him yet to make a decision?

He is quality but has been injured for too long. Not sure if he can cope with the premiership. I think he is fit now so should show some worth.

#629604 - 25/11/19 12:38 PM Re: Naby Keita [Re: Dunk]
RedJohn Offline
Under 23 Player

Margins are too tight in the PL now to give him a run of games to see if he settles, maybe cup games and sub appearances but we seem to really struggle when things are changed, particularly up top.

If we play with an AM Ox should get the nod ahead of him everytime for now. Even if players like Milner are slowing down, you always get a solid 7/10 performance minimum, which Klopp clearly prefers from his midfielders. Even if Keita can show more, he can also disappear completely in games and that will cost us.

He trains with them every day so at 53m you'd hope for more. I hope he comes good, but so far looking like one of those players who just isn't suited to the PL.
It'd be a shame as he really seems to want to drive forward and make things happen.

#629608 - 25/11/19 02:54 PM Re: Naby Keita [Re: Dunk]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

I like the way he plays, very attack minded and aggressive with the ball. Unfortunately though, I fear there might be a Sturridge lurking under his skin, as so far he can't stay fit past 45 minutes of football. If we could get him fit and keep him fit he could be the missing bit of creative attacking competence we lost with Coutinho, though I admit a very different type of player. I'm looking forward to seeing him against Napoli, if Klopp starts him, but I suspect Klopp might pick the Ox, despite flopping at the weekend.

#629619 - 26/11/19 11:55 AM Re: Naby Keita [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
I like the way he plays, very attack minded and aggressive with the ball. Unfortunately though, I fear there might be a Sturridge lurking under his skin, as so far he can't stay fit past 45 minutes of football. If we could get him fit and keep him fit he could be the missing bit of creative attacking competence we lost with Coutinho, though I admit a very different type of player. I'm looking forward to seeing him against Napoli, if Klopp starts him, but I suspect Klopp might pick the Ox, despite flopping at the weekend.

A good point there. Perhaps having played so much Ox will get a rest and maybe Wij too. I expect a midfield trio of Henderson, Fabinho and Keita v Napoli and then at the weekend maybe Henderson, Wijnaldum and Ox reverting back to Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho v Everton. Depending on injuries of course.

#629670 - 28/11/19 09:27 PM Re: Naby Keita [Re: Dunk]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Last night sums up Keita, we were desperate to rest a few players, Fab get's injured early on and Keita is not available due to illness, unfortunately we cannot rely in him.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Shrewsbury v Liverpool
by Snakeye
Today at 10:12 AM
Betting against Liverpool
by ecnirp98
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
The Weirdest Season Ever?
by Pickles
Yesterday at 06:58 PM
Wolves v Liverpool - PREMIER LEAGUE 23/01/20 8:00PM KO
by ecnirp98
Yesterday at 01:34 PM
Only idiot fans celebrate early!
by ecnirp98
25/01/20 07:45 PM

General Discussion
Coronavirus - Harvard epidemiolgist "Virus is thermonuclear"
by Pickles
Yesterday at 04:50 PM
EU Police Bust Trafficking ring smuggled 100k Illegals to UK
by Markhutch1
Yesterday at 01:21 PM
STAND UP Sir Ricky Gervais!!!
by Stanley Park
08/01/20 05:26 PM
EDITORIAL Happy Independence Day to the U.K.
by Stanley Park
31/12/19 03:03 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
Pickles 73
ecnirp98 58
redordead13 51
EnergisedReds 44
AccaBoosty 42
Snakeye 42
wilkij1975 30
TheMightyLFC 22
Welsh_Wizard 17