Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Mourinho's methods and style of football meant that he could not win over the Man Utd fans - so I'm not sure he'll fare any better with Spurs fans, who love attacking football. I suppose it could be a pragmatic appointment but I can't see it being successful long-term. Mourinho is a chequebook manager and I'm really surprised he's taken on the job, given that Levy can be really tight with the purse-strings. But I think he knows deep down that his stock has fallen and that he needs to resurrect his reputation before he gets the top jobs again. Regarding Poch, it's only a matter of time before Man Utd sack Ole and grab him - or he goes to Real or Bayern.

Totally different. Spurs haven't won a trophy in 11 years or a title since the 60s. United fans have been watching free flowing attacking football winning them all the biggest trophies for 30 years. Spurs fans have no reason to feel so entitled. Quite similar to Chelsea the first time he walked in, honestly. Good players, money, but no real history of success.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Very interesting appointment. He is still one of the most successful managers in terms of trophies, winning quite early wherever he went, but spent a lot which made him less value for money spent. However, the more money he got the bigger was the pressure to win and I think he couldn't take it especially against Pepe whether in Spain or England.

At Spurs he will most probably get less money but the pressure to win the title for example won't compare to Chelsea, United and City. Therefore he will have less pressure but also less money a bit like in Klopp's case.

So it will be very interesting and City having to play Spurs twice might be good for us.

They played @City on the 2nd week - 2 v 2 draw next Pl game is @Spuds on 1st Feb.

Yes you are right, I forgot the draw despite being battered by City. I think there was also a last minute controversy on a City goal scored after the ball hit a City player in the Spurs box.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Mourinho's methods and style of football meant that he could not win over the Man Utd fans - so I'm not sure he'll fare any better with Spurs fans, who love attacking football. I suppose it could be a pragmatic appointment but I can't see it being successful long-term. Mourinho is a chequebook manager and I'm really surprised he's taken on the job, given that Levy can be really tight with the purse-strings. But I think he knows deep down that his stock has fallen and that he needs to resurrect his reputation before he gets the top jobs again. Regarding Poch, it's only a matter of time before Man Utd sack Ole and grab him - or he goes to Real or Bayern.

Totally different. Spurs haven't won a trophy in 11 years or a title since the 60s. United fans have been watching free flowing attacking football winning them all the biggest trophies for 30 years. Spurs fans have no reason to feel so entitled. Quite similar to Chelsea the first time he walked in, honestly. Good players, money, but no real history of success.

Agree, the pressure to win trophies at Spurs will be much much less than at United and Real Madrid, even Chelsea in his second time. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I'm sure he'll do well at least short term. He seems to get the players onside early and he's quite charasmatic. Plus they're in their worst run of form for a long time so results will surely improve.

It always seems to be a couple years down the line when results wobble, he blames everyone arounds him, implodes and looks for a way out.

Poch's a great manager but his head was obviously gone and there didn't seem a way back. All his talk building up to this was obviously frustration that he came so close, yet spent virtually nothing in 5 years. Hope Ole's results improve..

Levy MUST have given Jose assurances about funds being available.. otherwise it's only a matter of time before he implodes again playing 2nd fiddle to Klopp, Pep and even Lampard and our Brendan.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Rumors that talks already started a few weeks ago with Jose's agent.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Rumors that talks already started a few weeks ago with Jose's agent.

Of course, else he wouldn't have signed so quickly after that Poch was sacked

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion