KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#629434 - 20/11/19 03:33 AM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: AccaBoosty]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

I think Rafa will be going to West Ham, he'd be accepted and appreciated there more than he would at Spuds. Besides Levy is starting to be like soft ar.se at Newcastle which Rafa definitely wouldn't appreciate.

#629435 - 20/11/19 03:34 AM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: AccaBoosty]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

So Oli will be looking over his shoulder now under big pressure...pity this couldn't have happened right before we played at OT.

#629437 - 20/11/19 07:11 AM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: AccaBoosty]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Maureen it is then! When will we finally see the back of that turd in English football?

#629438 - 20/11/19 01:23 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: wilkij1975]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Maureen it is then! When will we finally see the back of that turd in English football?

He's a character in some ways I quite like him. You want to know when we will see the back of him ? When he ceases to be a good manager I guess these top clubs don't appoint him for no reason

#629439 - 20/11/19 01:46 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: AccaBoosty]
redordead13 Online   content
1st Team Squad

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Mourinho could either be a masterstroke or a total disaster. Possibly both in the span of 9 months. They have the bones of a team that could suit his style: Kane, their backline, Deir, Ndombele, Sissoko, Son. And he might get them the mentality to actually win something.

Chelsea fans will be fuming. Ali out the door soon, possibly with Erikson to follow.

#629440 - 20/11/19 03:51 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: EnergisedReds]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Can't understand this unless he has upset the directors he has form in this and maybe he did it one time too many

Pressure is on, they have a big expensive stadium to pay for and likely there will be no CL for them next season, some big players are leaving on a free, so serious money will need spending to revamp the squad.

I think he's been angling for a way out, either RM or Man Utd, the comment at the CL final about leaving really annoyed the Spurs board, you can understand why.

Spurs are taking a big risk, I can't see them getting a better manager, if they get Mourinho, he will want to spend big money, I can't see that working with Levy????

A bit surprised with this and taking a decision on 4 months of bad performance can really backfire. Has he suddenly turned bad after a few years of over performance? Unless there are things we don't know don't really understand.

Not won away in PL since January is poor enough but still a surprise to see him go like this.

#629441 - 20/11/19 03:53 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: AccaBoosty]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

My mate at work was really upset about this last night and he is absolutely incandescent with rage that they appointed Mourinho this morning.

Don't think the Spurs fans are going to be too chuffed with this. All the Arsenal fans at work today were pi$$ing themselves laughing at this.

#629442 - 20/11/19 04:41 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: AccaBoosty]
The Kop Prophet Online   content
Under 16 Player

Mourinho's methods and style of football meant that he could not win over the Man Utd fans - so I'm not sure he'll fare any better with Spurs fans, who love attacking football. I suppose it could be a pragmatic appointment but I can't see it being successful long-term. Mourinho is a chequebook manager and I'm really surprised he's taken on the job, given that Levy can be really tight with the purse-strings. But I think he knows deep down that his stock has fallen and that he needs to resurrect his reputation before he gets the top jobs again. Regarding Poch, it's only a matter of time before Man Utd sack Ole and grab him - or he goes to Real or Bayern.

#629443 - 20/11/19 06:37 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: The Kop Prophet]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Very interesting appointment. He is still one of the most successful managers in terms of trophies, winning quite early wherever he went, but spent a lot which made him less value for money spent. However, the more money he got the bigger was the pressure to win and I think he couldn't take it especially against Pepe whether in Spain or England.

At Spurs he will most probably get less money but the pressure to win the title for example won't compare to Chelsea, United and City. Therefore he will have less pressure but also less money a bit like in Klopp's case.

So it will be very interesting and City having to play Spurs twice might be good for us.

#629444 - 20/11/19 08:38 PM Re: Pochettino sacked [Re: EnergisedReds]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Very interesting appointment. He is still one of the most successful managers in terms of trophies, winning quite early wherever he went, but spent a lot which made him less value for money spent. However, the more money he got the bigger was the pressure to win and I think he couldn't take it especially against Pepe whether in Spain or England.

At Spurs he will most probably get less money but the pressure to win the title for example won't compare to Chelsea, United and City. Therefore he will have less pressure but also less money a bit like in Klopp's case.

So it will be very interesting and City having to play Spurs twice might be good for us.

They played @City on the 2nd week - 2 v 2 draw next Pl game is @Spuds on 1st Feb.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
LIVE NOW AT WWW.KOPTALK.TV
by Dunk
Today at 07:57 PM
Wolves v Liverpool - PREMIER LEAGUE 23/01/20 8:00PM KO
by van Gogh
Today at 07:55 PM
January Transfer Window
by van Gogh
Today at 06:43 PM
PODCAST: LFC to swoop for Brazilian ace? Isco, Ruiz & More!
by Dunk
Today at 04:38 PM
Inside Anfield: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United
by TheMightyLFC
Yesterday at 08:23 PM

General Discussion
STAND UP Sir Ricky Gervais!!!
by Stanley Park
08/01/20 05:26 PM
EDITORIAL Happy Independence Day to the U.K.
by Stanley Park
31/12/19 03:03 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
Pickles 73
ecnirp98 58
redordead13 51
EnergisedReds 44
AccaBoosty 42
Snakeye 42
wilkij1975 30
TheMightyLFC 22
Welsh_Wizard 17