Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
If I were Gomez I would say no thanks to England for a while now - just tell Southgate that I need to clear my head for a bit longer.

That would serve him well!

Nah, turn up and rub that little turds nose in it at every opportunity.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Southgate is possibly annoyed that Sterling has $hit in his own next regarding a potential captaincy position in the future. This
probably means Sterling will not be considered for the armband for a couple of years.

For Southgate it means looking to another player whenever Kane is injured, rested or substituted during a game. If the armband does not pass to Sterling where should it go?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Southgate is possibly annoyed that Sterling has $hit in his own next regarding a potential captaincy position in the future. This
probably means Sterling will not be considered for the armband for a couple of years.

For Southgate it means looking to another player whenever Kane is injured, rested or substituted during a game. If the armband does not pass to Sterling where should it go?

Hendo of course, was he not captain a few times?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

Hendo of course, was he not captain a few times?

Exactly, the peacemaker, and team mate of Gomez. Which is why Southgate is in a difficult position because after this next tournament I don't see Henderson in the England set up unless he is pivotal in us winning it. The usual cull of over 30's after tournament failures will continue.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
The whole thing is overblown. These people are all millionaires.... to suffer a little booing (as wrong as it was) is a small price to pay for their misproportioned wealth. Southgate should have just stopped talking about it... it's done and both players have probably moved on. I'm sure Joe has more fortitude about him to be undone by a silly situation.... after all it was probably a small contingent of the crowd. There are so many more pressing issues for club and country I'm surprised it's still in the news.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion