KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
There's an awful lot of folks who would know out there who would disagree with you on that ecnirp...

Is TAA World Class?
Yes I believe so, his numbers are in a different stratosphere to most players in his position and he's only just turned 21.

Can he improve?
Absolutely, the more experience he gets the better he will become. His genius against Barcelona in the last seasons CL Semi-Final on the corner kick for our 4th goal, only underlined his status as World Class. Not many players would have the foresight to attempt that, it's Messi, Ronaldo territory / way of thinking.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
There's an awful lot of folks who would know out there who would disagree with you on that ecnirp...

Is TAA World Class?
Yes I believe so, his numbers are in a different stratosphere to most players in his position and he's only just turned 21.

Can he improve?
Absolutely, the more experience he gets the better he will become. His genius against Barcelona in the last seasons CL Semi-Final on the corner kick for our 4th goal, only underlined his status as World Class. Not many players would have the foresight to attempt that, it's Messi, Ronaldo territory / way of thinking.

He is an excellent player, but not WC for me yet, he will probably get there, he is improving year on year, but he needs to improve his defensive and positional play for me to become WC.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Pickles

Is TAA World Class?

Can he improve?

Bingo!!

It is that genius element that makes him world class. We are not talking about him being the best right back in the world. He is not the best right back in the country because others defend ten times better. But they haven't got what he has. Nothing like it. They are not on the same page as him. Not the same chapter. Not the same book!

How many full backs have you seen who have 20 assists in all games since the start of last season? The game v City. When was the last time you saw a player hit a 50 yard pass with his wrong foot at perfect pace for his team mate to run onto to?

His ability is scary. He doesn't have to be perfect in his defending to cut off the opposing winger or intercept by reading the play because it's not what we ask him to do. He delivers the type of passes not seen since Beckham on a regular basis from a position not associated with such deadly accuracy.

Ronaldo at Man U was a winger not a striker. It was years before people described him as a striker. By then he was unstoppable and nobody has had an answer as to how to stop him ever since. Trent is going the same way. By the time people think they have the answer he will have found a different way to be devastating. And by then it will be too late.

Ask Man City.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
Nah, I think he is like Dani Alves, TAA is a right-back, but not really. He's made this position his own and is a world-class player in this position.

I wouldn't call TAA world class, he's not a good enough defender for me yet.

As good a defender as Alves was, and he was the best in the world for his generation.

Trent is the best right back in the world. He's a good defender, but that's not his primary job. The position has changed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion