Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Man City lose appeal against Financial Fair Play investigations as Champions League ban decision looms

Man City had tried to block UEFA from investigating the club over FFP breaches.

Manchester City have failed in their attempts to stop UEFA's case against the club for alleged breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

Liverpool 's Premier League rivals had appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in a bid to get the case thrown out.

It was alleged that City broke FFP regulations by overstating the amount of money coming into the club from sponsors based in Abu Dhabi - evidence first uncovered in a series of leaks published by German newspaper Der Spiegel.

Former Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry was one of eight members on UEFA's independent club financial control body. They had previously determined City had a case to answer to, referring the club to the governing body's adjudicatory chamber to give a ruling and decide on any sanction.

City had insisted there was no case to answer as they sought an annulment of the UEFA's Investigatory Chamber decision via CAS.

UEFA's Adjudicatory Chamber can now launch their full investigation into the club’s financial dealings.

Man City risk being banned from the Champions League if they’re found guilty of breaking rules around FFP.

The hearing was considered by a three-man CAS panel who ruled in favour of UEFA.

A statement from CAS said: "The CAS Panel determined that MCFC’s appeal was inadmissible, considering that “An appeal against the decision of a federation, association or sports-related body may be filed with CAS (…) if the Appellant has exhausted the legal remedies available to it prior to the appeal, in accordance with the statutes or regulations of that body.” (Article R47 of the CAS Rules).

"In the present case, the decision rendered by the CFCB IC to refer a case to the CFCB AC is not final and can therefore not be appealed to CAS directly, because the AC is competent to take any of the decisions listed in Article 27 CFCB Procedural Rules, that are described as being final."

The latest decision means UEFA's investigation will now reach a conclusion with possible sanctions due.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-lose-appeal-against-17263663

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I think the best quote I heard was:

John W. Henry expressed his scepticism, when he asked, “How much was the losing bid?”

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Lets see if Uefa stick to their sanction rules.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

John W. Henry expressed his scepticism, when he asked, “How much was the losing bid?”

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

I heard in French TV that it will be a fine.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Predetermined fine? ahhhhh, money really does buy anything including City's malfeasance.

Mirrors the actual deal - predetermined... City: "So whatever Pep wants, we'll remunerate the secret sponsorship financials to cover our ass.es and avoid FFP sanctions"!

If City get away with only a fine, it'll be a travesty of justice.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I heard in French TV that it will be a fine.

Paid with..........??

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Stick them with a £100m fine and say "Sponsor that you w@nkers"

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
you mean 1billoin

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Predetermined fine? ahhhhh, money really does buy anything including City's malfeasance.

Mirrors the actual deal - predetermined... City: "So whatever Pep wants, we'll remunerate the secret sponsorship financials to cover our ass.es and avoid FFP sanctions"!

If City get away with only a fine, it'll be a travesty of justice.

What do you mean predetermined?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

They will just pay it, small change.

Only way to stop them is to ban them from signings and ban them from competitions, like they did for Chelsea (for players at least).

If Uefa/FIFA do not do that, it's all just pointless, may as well let them have a free for all and drop all restrictions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion