Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Klopp moved him right mid second half against city and I note England have done same tonight.

Gerrard started right back and moved to midfield

Thoughts ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Klopp moved him right mid second half against city and I note England have done same tonight.

Gerrard started right back and moved to midfield

Thoughts ?

Klopp moved him right midfield because he was having a hard time containing Sterling and had to double up with Gomez, it was not done to improve the midfield. Will be be as good as Gerrard in midfield in the future, I don't think so but who knows?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I keep hearing this but has any defender (other than Robertson) ever been this effective with assists and dangerous crosses?

Would he really cause more damage to opponents in midfield?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I keep hearing this but has any defender (other than Robertson) ever been this effective with assists and dangerous crosses?

Would he really cause more damage to opponents in midfield?

I think a lot of people are dreaming of Gerrard number 2

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
TAA didn't start as a right back.

He played CM all through the youth system. He was put as RB the same reason Rafa Camacho and Milner went to full back. Necessity. He can play any where as he's that good.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
TAA didn't start as a right back.

He played CM all through the youth system. He was put as RB the same reason Rafa Camacho and Milner went to full back. Necessity. He can play any where as he's that good.

So? He is one of the best RB especially in Klopp's system, don't see why this will change any time soon especially with the number of midfielders we have

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
So?

The question was is he a future midfielder. I said that he was a midfielder playing right back. Because technically he is.

However I think carragher said he may as well be a right back and make that position his own. Which he has.

He's considered to be one of the best RB's in the world. I doubt the same would be said if he played midfield.

Our play means our wingbacks get tons of the ball and tons of recognition.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
He picks up a lot of bookings at full back. I think he would get even more in midfield.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Nah, I think he is like Dani Alves, TAA is a right-back, but not really. He's made this position his own and is a world-class player in this position.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
Nah, I think he is like Dani Alves, TAA is a right-back, but not really. He's made this position his own and is a world-class player in this position.

I wouldn't call TAA world class, he's not a good enough defender for me yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion