Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dunk Offline OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor
Kinda pointless dropping him if he's still training with the squad and then available for the next game.

I don't see the point of that crazy

http://www.koptalk.com/liverpool-fc-news/sterling-and-gomez-clash-on-england-duty/

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Hopefully he does not get near The New Years Honours List after this and his hypocritical remarks on Silva's racism towards Mendy!

Why he was put on a pedestal by the press because he stated the obvious on racism in the game is beyond me, when thousands of other black players had spoke out before him on the matter?

Well done to Gomez for being Classy!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
There was nothing hypocritical about what he said about Silva. Silva stepped in it big time.

Sterling and Joe had a bust up. Happens between athletes all the time. Sterling apologized, he'll miss his game, and it should be over.

Sterling is also England's best player comfortably, and has probably been neck and neck with Vardy and Mane as the best in the league this year.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
All seems silly to me, in the heat of the game, passions are raised and players a pop at each other, it go's on, team mates do it, never mind opponents!!! they are adults, so they should able to deal with it, it's part of sport/life, if I had an argument with a colleague at work, I'd be expected to continue working with them afterwards.

It sets an interesting precedent, when the manager starts leaving players out for showing abit of passion, especially when it carries from a from a club game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
All seems silly to me, in the heat of the game, passions are raised and players a pop at each other, it go's on, team mates do it, never mind opponents!!! they are adults, so they should able to deal with it, it's part of sport/life, if I had an argument with a colleague at work, I'd be expected to continue working with them afterwards.

It sets an interesting precedent, when the manager starts leaving players out for showing abit of passion, especially when it carries from a from a club game.

He acted as a twit, what was he up to? Gomez got a minor cut under his eye, of course he should be punished, next time he better think before acting

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
It's not just a regular training incident. To grab someone by the throat unprovoked classifies as assault. Sterling looks like a complete fool and got off lightly. Apparently, it was Hendo that acted as peace-maker and sorted both players out - then Joe went to Southgate to plead for him not to send Sterling home. Sterling had already packed to leave. To all the class in this situation was shown by the Liverpool players.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

He acted as a twit, what was he up to? Gomez got a minor cut under his eye, of course he should be punished, next time he better think before acting

So Sterling hit Gomez? I'd not heard this, yeah, that's stepping over the line and has to be dealt with.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Danny Rose now saying Liverpool fans provoked Sterling. Imagine that, a multi-millionaire not being able to handle shade thrown at him by fans that he abandoned and forced a move from. Player pity is revolting.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
yeah the punditry on this has been absolutely shocking. Imagine if that scratch actually got gomez in the eye. Not to sound dramatic but thats a potential serious injury that would have taken months to recover. For Sterling to hold onto a grudge for a 5 second incident where he essentially just got pushed away just shows the measure of him. He's an absolute bellend, jumped up little [oops]. The hand waving and what-aboutery by the english pundits regarding this, no doubt because sterling is probably englands best player, is so limp-wristed its nauseating. Danny Rose somehow blaming liverpool fans for this is ridiculous. The "I kinda like that he shows some passion" [oops] is also ridiculous. He's an entitled little [oops] who went out to attack another young english player because he's thrown his dummy out the pram because him and his team got beat. He's a flappy hand-running gobshite.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
So, if Sterling has intentionally attacked/injured Gomez, and this has been acknowledged by the England Manager by dropping him, surely the FA have to investigate and if found there is a charge to answer, he should be charged with something like violent conduct? if it wasn't the FA pin up boy, what would happen, what if it was John Terry or Joey Barton? they'd be hauled infront of the FA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion