KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#629106 - 11/11/19 05:29 PM Moronic punditry after the City game...
The Kop Prophet Offline
Under 16 Player

I'm embarrassed for all these pundits for such terrible analysis of that game. Firstly the 'handball': Silva handballs first - advantage - no penalty when it ricochets off TAA's hip onto his arm by accident. All the focus was on that event when Pep clearly got his tactics wrong. They went with a rapid high press and got done on the break, which sapped their energy for the 2nd half. Trying to go gung-ho at Anfield backfired on them massively. Also pathetic are these pundits (and some foolish fans) claiming the race is over after 12 games. It's so moronic at this point of the season where we have a massive fixture congestion coming up - and clubs are going to have lots of injury issues. 8 points is great but a couple of bad weeks can change everything. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from all the top TV pundits yesterday - it's as if they've never experienced a prem season before - and they completely ignored the Silva handball just prior to Trent's.

#629109 - 11/11/19 06:38 PM Re: Moronic punditry after the City game... [Re: The Kop Prophet]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
I'm embarrassed for all these pundits for such terrible analysis of that game. Firstly the 'handball': Silva handballs first - advantage - no penalty when it ricochets off TAA's hip onto his arm by accident. All the focus was on that event when Pep clearly got his tactics wrong. They went with a rapid high press and got done on the break, which sapped their energy for the 2nd half. Trying to go gung-ho at Anfield backfired on them massively. Also pathetic are these pundits (and some foolish fans) claiming the race is over after 12 games. It's so moronic at this point of the season where we have a massive fixture congestion coming up - and clubs are going to have lots of injury issues. 8 points is great but a couple of bad weeks can change everything. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from all the top TV pundits yesterday - it's as if they've never experienced a prem season before - and they completely ignored the Silva handball just prior to Trent's.

I watched the game in the US as I am working over here ATM, so never heard any poundits as the bar rapidly turn over to American Football after the game had ended, but I can imagine!

I agree, this league is not over by any stretch of the imagination, just look what happened last year, we are in a great position as I mentioned in another thread, I think the big different is that City look vulnerable, unlike the all conquering team that won all those games in the run in last season. We need to keep the pressure on and winning games, while City have keep players out, it would be great if they dropped a few more points, they then might lose the appetite (thiugh they will never admit it) and concentrate on the CL.

People keep saying City haven't played any of the top teams yet, they tend to dispatch the top teams easily who come to play, it's the likes of Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Wolves who can shock them and hold out, that's where they usually trip up.

These pundits just want to make headlines, get's them back on the TV, look at Keane (I like he's so bitter about UTD) but he only got on SKY after he slagged off Fergy in the show with Neville.

#629130 - 12/11/19 01:03 AM Re: Moronic punditry after the City game... [Re: The Kop Prophet]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Kompany admitted there were 2 handballs but to suggest that play is brought back for the first one or give the penalty are just attempts at making up new rules. It was good to see Kompany squirm although no mention of his smug admission that he may have got away with one after the foul on Salah last season.

I hope they bring him back when we go to their place and beat them again.

As for the City injuries it is key to their game to have Ederson in goal. I can't believe Pep played such a strong team midweek because it really backfired on him. They are missing Sane to change it up but he was underused before his injury anyway. Aguero cannot hit a cow's bum with a banjo at Anfield.

The way they played out of their box was like Arsenal. The players he had out there yesterday cannot do that. They tried closing us down and we broke quickly up the pitch once we weathered the first 3 or 4 minutes. Norwich did this to them earlier in the season. Did he really think he would get away with it against us?

De Bruyne was pretty ineffective, Sterling kept wide and was Gundogan even playing? Oh yes he scuffed a clearance straight to Fabinho for the first goal and that is why we scored.

We have got to this stage without our top goalkeeper (and best in the world) for 7 or 8 games. Pep has plenty of players at his disposal including the 500m rated Foden who doesn't get a look in.

Pep was absolutely rattled after we got those 2 late goals at Villa. I knew that it would have some effect on them but didn't realise it would go straight to the manager and back through the team. They drew midweek, had a goalkeeper injured and another sent off. To top it all off Pep goes over to the officials straight after the final whistle and unloaded the big bag of chips on his shoulder with a big serving of sarcasm. He went round all the Liverpool players too. Probably made some sarcastic remarks to one or two there as well. Who knows.

Now today we hear of Sterling clearly still upset being kicked out of the England squad. Strange because after the Community Shield he built some bridges with Liverpool fans only to try starting fights with TAA early in the game and Gomez later in the game.

Perhaps the pundits should have looked at the disciplined approach of Liverpool against a gung-ho no plan B bunch of fools trying some of their dark arts away from the Emptihaad.

Tactically Pep got done by Klopp yet again. And the pressure got to him before, during and after the game.

#629132 - 12/11/19 02:33 AM Re: Moronic punditry after the City game... [Re: The Kop Prophet]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

The pundits i heard saying it was ours to lose also said if there are no injuries. If we can keep on playing as we do, can't see who can catch us, but it's a long season with a lot of games, keeping fit will be the main challenge

#629142 - 12/11/19 11:04 AM Re: Moronic punditry after the City game... [Re: The Kop Prophet]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

It was a fine performance by almost all of our onfield players yesterday, and Klopp deserves credit for having them so well on song both mentally and tactically, even Lovern had a good game, and overall and is looking much less error prone of late. Fabinho is more than a "lighthouse", he's a 'monster', a magician, and is more and more becoming a generalisamo, conducting everything from midfield. What a player he is in this moment!
Overall a brilliant performance.
As for the title nonesense, of course it's way too early, and a mugs game to be even talking in those terms at this stage in the season. We must continue to focus on game by game, by game, and not listen to idiot pundits making silly sound waves for themselves. This season is still far from over. What we've brilliantly done, is to put ourselves in a great position, but the challenge now is to maintain that against all comers. Well done Klopp and well done the squad. YNWA!

#629159 - 12/11/19 06:46 PM Re: Moronic punditry after the City game... [Re: The Kop Prophet]
The Kop Prophet Offline
Under 16 Player

Fab was a monster but I thought Hendo had a strong game too. He looks better on the right and can cross the ball. Pep clearly got rattled and I can't believe Raheem dragged everything into the England camp. Apparently, Hendo salvaged the situation between the players - and Gomez pleaded with Southgate not to send Sterling home. It's more than he deserves.

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
A mention for Shagiri
by EnergisedReds
06/12/19 04:18 AM
FIFA's blind hate of anything not a variation of Spanish!
by EnergisedReds
06/12/19 03:46 AM
Club WC squad
by EnergisedReds
06/12/19 03:41 AM
Divok Ockoth Origi, first of his name:
by EnergisedReds
05/12/19 06:17 PM
LIVERPOOL V EVERTON
by AccaBoosty
05/12/19 05:57 PM

General Discussion
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
04/12/19 08:00 PM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
02/12/19 08:35 PM
pedo prince
by Markhutch1
29/11/19 10:53 AM
Extinction Rebellion
by EMP
20/11/19 08:54 PM
Who would you vote for in the next UK General Election?
by EnergisedReds
07/11/19 03:24 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 93
Pickles 73
ecnirp98 66
AccaBoosty 61
wilkij1975 45
van Gogh 40
Hercules/AF 58 38
Dunk 37
redordead13 27