Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By redordead13
Absolute disgrace from the EFL. 1) there is no reason to have two leg semi final ties. 2) they knew we were in this competition, and we should be penalized for having to fulfill our duties as champions of Europe.

Hope the kids can pull something out of the hat and we win it, just to stick it to them.

Wasn't the 2 leg semi finals already decided? How can they just change the rules because of one team? I suppose they also get additional revenues with 3 semi finals, why would they forego that? In any case I think the kids would have played

I am not saying they should scrap the two legs for Liverpool, I'm saying they should have scrapped it a long time ago, period. The competition is consistently undervalued because of the fixture pile up, and the lack of prize money and incentives compared to the league or the CL. If they want the best players to play in their competition and not to be treated like amateur hour, they should try to work with everyone else. The FA cup doesn't have 2 legged ties. Why should this?

They should have planned around the other fixtures. If a registered team is competing in another competition, representing England and indeed all of Europe in a FIFA sponsored competition, they should honor that and pick a better time for the quarter-finals. The FA has always notoriously been uncompromising when it comes to fixtures and teams competing in Europe. Has been since the 50s.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
This year would have been a perfect time for EFL to try 1 semi final instead of 2, to help with the tough fixture list piling up.

Liverpool have told the FA about this upcoming problem since last summer, but no one has responded, and now it΄s too late to change the format of The Carabao Cup this season, with all the sponsors already being tied up.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
That was a great game to watch against Arsenal, but maybe would have been better just to lose it and take a big squad to the Club WC so we could rest allot of the top players, PL & CL has to be top priority after yesterdays win, we need to put all our resources to that IMO.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Sod em. I think the kids can beat the villains. would be so sweet. Imagine winning the quadruple, plust the CWC and the Super Cup. Would probably never be matched again. I want to see us smash City's records into tiny little pieces.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion