OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Premier League Winner Odds:

Liverpool 5/12
Man City 5/2
Leicester 40/1
Chelsea 40/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league

Surprised to see 40/1 odds for Leicester? considering they not long ago won the PL and have the least amount of pressure on them and games, not being in European Competition.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Oli
It was ours to lose last season after Xmas and we did. So in November it is easy to lose it.

We did drop points last season, but not allot, we have to give City allot of credit for the winning run they went on to win the PL, City won it, rather than us losing it IMO. In most other seasons the amount of points we got (97) wins the PL by a large margin.

I think the difference this season so far is that City do not look like this unbeatable team we have seen for the last 2 years, I guess the injuries they have made them vulnerable, I also question their desire after winning 2 PL in a row, we look so focused on not dropping points after losing by 1 point last season.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Oli
It was ours to lose last season after Xmas and we did. So in November it is easy to lose it.

The gap was never this big, and we were chasing them most of the year until a brief blip. We've played all the top 6, and they've only had us and Spurs, and they dropped points for both.

Be paranoid if you want, I'm enjoying looking at us on top. I trust this team.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Will City spend big on a CB in January? that will be the test on their determination to catch us up, as most CB will be cup tied for CL.

Nope!

'On March 27th 2018 UEFA announced that they will be phasing out the cup tie rule for the Champions League and Europa League starting in the 2018-2019 season. ... This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club.' Source: Wiki

Last edited by van Gogh; 11/11/19 10:26 PM.
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I'd say we are our own biggest threat. Salah, Hendo, Gomez, VVD, Robertson all went into and/or are coming back from the international break with issues. Matip has been out for a while. Do we have the strength in depth to cope?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I'd say we are our own biggest threat. Salah, Hendo, Gomez, VVD, Robertson all went into and/or are coming back from the international break with issues. Matip has been out for a while. Do we have the strength in depth to cope?

Add Shaq and Clyne to that list and you see our list is just as worrying as the one City have. Hopefully we will not be without all these players for long.

Target at the moment is Palace and coming out of next weekend at least as good as we are going into it. 8 points clear. Anything else is a bonus.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

Add Shaq and Clyne to that list and you see our list is just as worrying as the one City have. Hopefully we will not be without all these players for long.

Target at the moment is Palace and coming out of next weekend at least as good as we are going into it. 8 points clear. Anything else is a bonus.

Clyne, seriously? I think his played 2 games for almost 2 seasons and if not injured he would have been sold to Palace. Shaq, I don't know why Klopp doesn't like playing him.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Shaq keeps getting injured. He is due back about the same time as Matip. I mentioned Clyne because he is being paid a serious amount of money for what we are getting from him now.

We could do with Matip and Shaq for the cup game with Villa and the game with RB Salzburg the midweek before which will hopefully be a dead rubber.
It would also help get them ready to support the rest of the squad through the busy Christmas schedule.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Just on a month ago I created this thread and predicted Leicester being our biggest challenger to our 1st PL title. Outlining City's tough schedule from where they were at, since then City drew @Newcastleand lost at home v Utd. Leicester on the other hand have gone from strength to strength recording 4 straight wins and their odds have been slashed by over 60%.

Current Premier League Winner Odds:

Liverpool 1/7
Man City 8/1
Leicester 14/1
Chelsea 250/1

We should not take Leicester too lightly, I still say this season has got a lot of ups and downs to go.

Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
i am more worried about losing the title to brenda than shitty tbfh

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion