Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Klopp and the players must have gotten some extra pointers and motivation from last night's Atlanta v City game. I must admit though on the replays that Atalanta player dived and Bravo did nothing wrong. I was shocked when they upheld the red card decision after VAR.

One thing is certain if Bravo plays against us, that City defence are going to be nervous, he was allover the place yesterday. He kept trying to dribble the ball out and playing the ball with his feet on the ground instead of doing it simple. There was one moment he flew out of his goal, must have been 10 to 15 yds out the area to head the ball away.

Ederson's injury is a muscular thigh strain, similar to the one that kept Alisson out for nearly 2 months. Salah, Mane and Bobby better be prepared to chase Bravo down at every given opportunity on Sunday (if he plays?) because it will be the catalyst to us winning the game!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Bloody-hell...we're one behind,
The clock screams eighty plus,
And we still have a brace to find,
While they have parked the bus.....

Bloody-hell...we pulled be back,
Two points swing in the wind,
Our keeper's joined with attack,
And me ticker's all but binned....

Bloody-hell it's the ninety fifth
And our monsters finally scored,
Klopp is like the scheming zith,
And I am finally floored....!

You mean lightening striking twice the same spot? Didn't we just had that against Villa

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
We seem to have had it all bloody season so far....me nerves are shot to hell, I just hope we can score a couple early for once this season, as we seem to be coming from behind in bloody injury time every game...or is it just my imagination...probably is...

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
For once, the pressure is all on them, Sunday. We win, and we'll take some stopping. Draw is almost as good. A loss would be annoying, but with their next few league games I wouldn't be too flustered.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Pickles
Klopp and the players must have gotten some extra pointers and motivation from last night's Atlanta v City game. I must admit though on the replays that Atalanta player dived and Bravo did nothing wrong. I was shocked when they upheld the red card decision after VAR.

One thing is certain if Bravo plays against us, that City defence are going to be nervous, he was allover the place yesterday. He kept trying to dribble the ball out and playing the ball with his feet on the ground instead of doing it simple. There was one moment he flew out of his goal, must have been 10 to 15 yds out the area to head the ball away.

Ederson's injury is a muscular thigh strain, similar to the one that kept Alisson out for nearly 2 months. Salah, Mane and Bobby better be prepared to chase Bravo down at every given opportunity on Sunday (if he plays?) because it will be the catalyst to us winning the game!

Ederson is likely to start. Alisson's was a calf injury, and Ederson was just taken off as a precaution.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles

I know you are hoping but doesn't work like that like against United when they lost 3 players due to injury in the first half last season. I prefer we just play our game with full energy as we did against Barca

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
It can't be described as a must win, but it certainly is a six pointer which we should win. We're at home with a virtual full selection available, while they have a number of first choice players out, that's an edge, but only just considering their squad strength. I'm optimist we can win this one, but only if we rise to the occasion. I'd play the old reliables in midfield in the hope they work hard and press hard, giving city's players no time or space, else they'll likely take us apart going up their left side. TAA and Lovern will have to put in a mighty and flawless effort, if we're to keep them out for 90+ minutes.
I'm going for 2 - 1 and a significant victory. Come on ye brilliant Red's! YNWA.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I'd call Matip being out an essential setback.

So as you say Lovren and TAA need to produce their very finest displays tonight.

Fab, Hendo and Gini in midfield I'd say be our best way to start the game.

If it gets squeeky bum time towards the end I'd throw Milner in to shore things up.

If we need to put pressure on for a goal I'd stick Ox and maybe Keita on for Gini and Hendo.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Michael Oliver is the Ref today, our record is not great in big games with him in charge.

Against City:

19/03/17 - Man City 1 v 1 Liverpool

28/02/16 - Man City 1 v 1 Liverpool - League Cup Final City won 4 v 2 on pens

25/08/14 - Man City 3 v 1 Liverpool

v United we have had 2 draws and a loss and v Everton we have had 2 draws whilst Oliver has been in charge.

I'm hoping we fair better today at Anfield because only one of the games above has been at Anfield a 1 v 1 draw v Everton back in 2013.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By van Gogh
I'd call Matip being out an essential setback.

So as you say Lovren and TAA need to produce their very finest displays tonight.

Fab, Hendo and Gini in midfield I'd say be our best way to start the game.

If it gets squeeky bum time towards the end I'd throw Milner in to shore things up.

If we need to put pressure on for a goal I'd stick Ox and maybe Keita on for Gini and Hendo.

Yes that's how I see it too, if we need a goal, Spring either or both of OX and Keita from the bench in or around 60/70 minutes. Klopp is inclined to leave these things lateish, so I hope he doesn't today. If subs are needed, and I'd expect they will, what with likely fatigue to Henderson and/or Wijnaldum. That's if they're doing their pressing and harrying job properly. Fingers crossed no injuries arise.

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 10/11/19 12:37 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion