Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Pickles
I think we've lost our chance on Werner because we didn't follow up with a concrete offer in the summer. He's now signed a contract extension for a further 4 years at Leipzig meaning his price will be crazy. One thing we know about FSG is that they won't want pay twice the price for a player we could have got last summer when he was going into his last year's contract. Also the fact we gave Origi a 5 year contract extension in the summer put to bed any chance of going after Werner.

he has a low release clause . its rumoured to be 35m

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
hmm, if he has a low release clause then maybe? but again you look at the squad and with the likes of Ox, Shaq, Origi and Brewster along with our front 3 you'd have to say that somebody would need to be sold.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
hmm, if he has a low release clause then maybe? but again you look at the squad and with the likes of Ox, Shaq, Origi and Brewster along with our front 3 you'd have to say that somebody would need to be sold.

I prefer Kai Havetz, don't think I've ever seen him play but he has a cool name

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
I don’t think Shaq and Lallana will be around much longer. Same could be said of Milner. So I’m sure there’s room for someone with the class of Werner, Son, Kai or Maddison.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By elimmel
I don’t think Shaq and Lallana will be around much longer. Same could be said of Milner. So I’m sure there’s room for someone with the class of Werner, Son, Kai or Maddison.

Lots of room but not enough funds, those 4 will cost more than 150m. Even Salah is not worth more than 100m on current form.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I think he meant any ONE of those 4.

Origi's more a squad/super-sub, Shaq doesn't seem to be getting a look in, Brewster's unproven/untested. Lallana and Keita can cover but I don't think they cut the mustard up top.

At £35m Werner seems a no-brainer. We'd probably get close to that for Shaq in the PL.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Lots of room but not enough funds, those 4 will cost more than 150m. Even Salah is not worth more than 100m on current form.

Nonsense. Salah is the golden boot winner, 2 years running. He's had patches of off form, but he'd still go for 150 million, easily.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
I think he meant any ONE of those 4.

Origi's more a squad/super-sub, Shaq doesn't seem to be getting a look in, Brewster's unproven/untested. Lallana and Keita can cover but I don't think they cut the mustard up top.

At £35m Werner seems a no-brainer. We'd probably get close to that for Shaq in the PL.

We could have bought him for that or even less last summer as he was entering in his last season. I don't understand why we will do it now is we didn't do it then, unless we sell someone

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13

Nonsense. Salah is the golden boot winner, 2 years running. He's had patches of off form, but he'd still go for 150 million, easily.

That's your opinion but can't see that on current form. Maybe if he improves over the season. We could easily have got 150m after his first season though, not now. Let's see if anybody offers that kind of money in Jan.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By redordead13

That's your opinion but can't see that on current form. Maybe if he improves over the season. We could easily have got 150m after his first season though, not now. Let's see if anybody offers that kind of money in Jan.

We are in the middle of a title tilt! Why should we sell anyone in January?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion