Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
The most important game of The 2019/20 PL season so far.

After the weekend's almost mirrored result for both teams it is Liverpool who come into this game with more optimism. Man City have another casualty to add to their injured list in David Silva to add to the likes of Laporte, Sane, Zinchenko and Rodri. Silva picked up a muscle injury in their game v Southampton and Pep explained that anything muscular more often then not leads to at least a 10 to 12 day spell on the sidelines. Fixtures are also on Liverpool's side here with City travelling to Italy to play Atalanta in the CL on Wednesday, Liverpool stay at home for what should be a comfortable game against Genk on Tuesday, giving them a further day's rest to prepare for City.

Pep was also quick to start the mind games after their 2 v 1 win v Southampton, putting his boot into probably our most consistent player so far this season - Mane. Pep suggested that Mane dives too much and that his team will have to be aware of that! It shows Pep is a little nervous about Mane and what he could do to their patched up defence if given the chance.

Judging on recent head to heads for this game City are the ones with the better record, however they haven't beaten Liverpool at Anfield for 16 years - 2003.

This game should be a belter with City wanting to bridge the 6 point gap on us. Hopefully Klopp has a good week on the lead up to this game with no setbacks.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
quite chilled over this game. Its early season if we win great but my worry is the press will be in overdrive saying this is Liverpool's season putting great pressure on us. I hope we win but a draw would be just fine

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
A last minute winner from a Salah dive would be nice.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
A last minute winner from a Salah dive would be nice.

no, it wouldn't

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Better than a last minute dive from Sterling that gives Citeh a winning pen.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
The fact Gomez played last night gives me hope that he will start against City.

If lovren starts we are finished

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I wasn't too impressed with our backline last night, they got caught out several times by Genk, especially in the area that Gomez was supposed to be commanding. Judged on last night's performance against Lovren's recent performances, I think Klopp will use Lovren on Sunday.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Neither Gomez nor Lovern fill me with confidence unfortunately. No doubt City will target our right side, so while I'm optimistic of a narrow win, I'm not confident. We're leaking at the back again and it's a worry. Also our front players aren't exactly on song either, so I'm expecting something of a slogging match. I'd reluctantly settle for a draw, but we need to play for the win.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
We have:

1 world class cb (VvD)
1 young cb (Gomez)
1 injury prone cb (Matip)
1 nerve wreck (Lovren)

No wonder we are a bit shaky at the moment with Matip being out.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Bloody-hell...we're one behind,
The clock screams eighty plus,
And we still have a brace to find,
While they have parked the bus.....

Bloody-hell...we pulled be back,
Two points swing in the wind,
Our keeper's joined with attack,
And me ticker's all but binned....

Bloody-hell it's the ninety fifth
And our monsters finally scored,
Klopp is like the scheming zith,
And I am finally floored....!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion