Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
The League Cup quarter final tie between Aston Villa and Liverpool will be played on Tuesday 17th December at 7.45pm, just 24 hours before Liverpool’s Club World Cup fixture.

Liverpool will have to play two teams in two continents within 24-hours. One squad will be sent to Villa while another will be sent to Qatar.

http://www.koptalk.com/liverpool-fc-news/aston-villa-v-liverpool-league-cup-date-confirmed/

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We’ll no doubt send the under 21’s to Villa. I’d rather us win the Club World Cup anyway.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
One final Klopp has no interest in.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
One final Klopp has no interest in.

Interest or not he has to choose which team plays in which game as he cannot have the same team playing at 1 day interval. In any case, even against Arsenal he played his 2nd team

Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
Academy director Alex Inglethorpe tipped to manage the side that takes on Aston Villa in the League Cup on December 17th with Jamie Carragher confirming that he has been asked to assist.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
EFL have now devalued their own competition. By actively doing this they have brought into question the validity of the competition being worthy of a Europa League place for the winners.

Also be interesting to see who plays in goal as Kelleher will surely travel to Qatar as back up.

Perhaps we should have asked for the likes of Ojo, Wilson and Grabara to be temporarily released from loan clubs to help us play this game on a more competitive level.

For those interested we are currently 3/1 to win this game. Realistically given what we will have left to play this we should be 12/1. Not one to back against my own team of back odds-on but I am really tempted by the 8/11 on offer for Villa in 90 mins.

It's not as though we will field the team that played Arsenal last week. Many of those will be in Qatar so the starting XI will be significantly inexperienced compared to that side.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I think there has been a plunge of money on Villa as they have been shortened up to 1/2 and Liverpool pushed out to 5/1. When the squad that plays that game is announced it is more likely to be 1/4 and 10/1.

8/11 was too big and somebody has had a big punt on this.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I think there has been a plunge of money on Villa as they have been shortened up to 1/2 and Liverpool pushed out to 5/1. When the squad that plays that game is announced it is more likely to be 1/4 and 10/1.

8/11 was too big and somebody has had a big punt on this.

In any case we would have fielded our B team for them to get some experience, so not a big issue

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Absolute disgrace from the EFL. 1) there is no reason to have two leg semi final ties. 2) they knew we were in this competition, and we should be penalized for having to fulfill our duties as champions of Europe.

Hope the kids can pull something out of the hat and we win it, just to stick it to them.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
Absolute disgrace from the EFL. 1) there is no reason to have two leg semi final ties. 2) they knew we were in this competition, and we should be penalized for having to fulfill our duties as champions of Europe.

Hope the kids can pull something out of the hat and we win it, just to stick it to them.

Wasn't the 2 leg semi finals already decided? How can they just change the rules because of one team? I suppose they also get additional revenues with 3 semi finals, why would they forego that? In any case I think the kids would have played

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion