KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628861 - 03/11/19 02:00 PM Alex fergusons liverpool
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Grinding out wins, last minute goals, relentless, never giving up, total discipline, no too big for boots merchants, every team member works their socks off

Liverpool 2019

Remind you of something in the past ?

#628863 - 03/11/19 02:55 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
EnergisedReds Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Grinding out wins, last minute goals, relentless, never giving up, total discipline, no too big for boots merchants, every team member works their socks off

Liverpool 2019

But we are not being helped by the officials, big difference

#628866 - 03/11/19 03:49 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: EnergisedReds]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Liverpool 2019

But we are not being helped by the officials, big difference

Certainly weren't helped by the VAR official yesterday. Is it a coincidence he was in the middle when Man U scored a very iffy goal against us?

#628870 - 03/11/19 04:55 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
Derek Online   content
Under 23 Player

Loc: Maine woods
We weren't helped yesterday but we still won. Klopp has instilled that never say die attitude that Ferguson had with his best united sides, a lot of their games weren't pretty and they were always scoring last gasp goals.
The youngsters showed that against Arsenal during the week.

#628872 - 03/11/19 05:58 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
TheMightyLFC Offline
Under 23 Player

Sorry Stan... but we have a completely different identity. Our players don't surround the ref every 5 mins; our manager doesn't put pressure on the ref, bully journalists, insult managers of opposing team and we don't have our executives pulling strings within the FA or an investment in our club form the same broadcaster given exclusive broadcasting contracts by the Premier League.

The attitudes that have been instilled in our team are nothing but good old professionalism. It's not over 'till it's over; play to the final whistle; never give up; don't look any further than the next game etc. This is Klopp's Liverpool and no one else's.

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish

#628874 - 03/11/19 06:23 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: TheMightyLFC]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Sorry Stan... but we have a completely different identity. Our players don't surround the ref every 5 mins; our manager doesn't put pressure on the ref, bully journalists, insult managers of opposing team and we don't have our executives pulling strings within the FA or an investment in our club form the same broadcaster given exclusive broadcasting contracts by the Premier League.

The attitudes that have been instilled in our team are nothing but good old professionalism. It's not over 'till it's over; play to the final whistle; never give up; don't look any further than the next game etc. This is Klopp's Liverpool and no one else's.

I am not saying it's exactly the same in all respects and many of the General cultures of the 90,s are not the same in the game today. However I do see similarities in approach myself

#628875 - 03/11/19 06:52 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
TheMightyLFC Offline
Under 23 Player

I am not saying it's exactly the same in all respects and many of the General cultures of the 90,s are not the same in the game today. However I do see similarities in approach myself

I agree... it's just that I don't attribute those similarities to anything pioneered by or unique to the bloke you mention. if you go back even further then I think it was Clough who used to say that it only takes a second to score a goal, the point being that you've got to keep going to the end. So in my opinion, we don't deserve or want to have that man's name associated with our current team simply because of those similarities. We didn't learn that attitude from him.

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish

#628887 - 04/11/19 05:51 AM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
Vicdamone Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: SOUTH AFRICA
Unfortunately we cannot play like we've been playing the last few games against City, and hope to grind out a win. They have the same intensity and never say die attitude.

#628888 - 04/11/19 06:51 AM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Vicdamone]
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Unfortunately we cannot play like we've been playing the last few games against City, and hope to grind out a win. They have the same intensity and never say die attitude.

Yep, really not happy with Salah's performance these days, don't know if he is not fully fit, but he is not playing as good as he did. We will have to be really on top of our game against them

Edited by EnergisedReds (04/11/19 06:51 AM)

#628889 - 04/11/19 07:23 AM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
The front 3 will have to be on their toes and actually score when a chance presents itself.

Only Mané managed to do something of worth the other day - after a very poor game mind you.

But the other 2 were hopelessly poor all game.

The medel to the worst finish in that game goes to Lallana though! OMG almost hitting the corner flag with that shot, when it was just to tap it in.

#628893 - 04/11/19 10:40 AM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: van Gogh]
Markhutch1 Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: London
Lallana miss was not a tap in.

Saved the day against United.

#628896 - 04/11/19 11:13 AM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Markhutch1]
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Markhutch1
Lallana miss was not a tap in.

Saved the day against United.

Saving the day against United doesn't mean he did well on Saturday and despite not being a tap in, missing the target by so much is a big miss

#628899 - 04/11/19 03:25 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
RedJohn Offline
Under 23 Player

City are also struggling for consistent form, more so than us. I think the home advantage will push us over the line. I wonder if without Kompany, Pep will come at us, or park the bus and look for the counter.

We might not like certain comparisons but Fergie's United dominated the league for many years and I can see the similarities. Teams are starting to expect us to score, whatever the time on the clock, there's an air of inevitability of it.

Mane's got so many tricks up his sleeve, he's barely got any weaknesses at all. That header was incredible and however poor he plays, his head never drops, never stops running and you feel he'll still create something out of nothing.

#628902 - 04/11/19 03:57 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

I'm nervous about the City game purely because our recent results against them. Just like Utd when we on paper should have took them the cleaners, City are starting to get a run on us in H2H's.
I just hope Klopp doesn't field a negative team to try and nullify City, we need to be positive and go at City especially at home. The chance to go 9 points clear of City is all the motivation needed.

#628903 - 04/11/19 04:33 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Pickles]
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Pickles
I'm nervous about the City game purely because our recent results against them. Just like Utd when we on paper should have took them the cleaners, City are starting to get a run on us in H2H's.
I just hope Klopp doesn't field a negative team to try and nullify City, we need to be positive and go at City especially at home. The chance to go 9 points clear of City is all the motivation needed.

Should we do a Brendan Rogers gung no as he did against Chelsea at home in our title run season?

#628907 - 04/11/19 05:39 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: EnergisedReds]
*** Suso *** Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: In bed
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Should we do a Brendan Rogers gung no as he did against Chelsea at home in our title run season?
that team never had a man mountain and the best LB on the planet . nore did it have a iron shied protecting the back 4

#628908 - 04/11/19 06:39 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Stanley Park]
wilkij1975 Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Yep and going defensive last season didn’t help either. Play our natural game and if we lose then so be it. Rather that then trying to be clever and be something we’re not.

#628909 - 04/11/19 07:33 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: Pickles]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

H2H overall they have had a bit of a run. In that run we have been beaten 2-1 at their place and 5-0 with 10 men plus a couple of Wembley games where they have won on penalties.

At Anfield it is different. True they could have won with a late penalty last season but their record is absolutely dire. It is something like 1 win in 22 or 23.

Since the PL started they have beaten us 9 times. 11 if you count the penalty shootouts. We have beaten them 25 times. The last time they won at Anfield was 2003.

And since that game we have won 11 and drawn 5 of the last 16 PL games at Anfield including winning 5 of the last 6. Aguero has never scored at Anfield.

Like the sign United have over us at Old Trafford we are more than a bogey team to a few other teams. Spurs at Anfield is one. Villa away is another. City at Anfield are poor.

Every game is different. Every game has the ability to throw up home win, away win, or draw. The simple fact is that City have a bit of a curse on themselves at Anfield.

We go out and play our normal home game we win. I agree with Wilkij. If we play our natural game and lose then so be it. On our current home form if that does happen you will probably have witnessed the best game this season.

#628913 - 04/11/19 09:56 PM Re: Alex fergusons liverpool [Re: wilkij1975]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Yep and going defensive last season didn’t help either. Play our natural game and if we lose then so be it. Rather that then trying to be clever and be something we’re not.

Indeed!

I'm hoping we play our usual game. We're at home aswell, so no need to play extremely defensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Should we sell Shaq and get Wilson back?
by EnergisedReds
15/12/19 12:42 PM
CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V WATFORD
by EnergisedReds
15/12/19 12:38 PM
Confirmed FIFA Club World Cup squad
by EnergisedReds
15/12/19 12:33 PM
Arsenal and Leicester will beat Man City.
by TheMightyLFC
15/12/19 10:15 AM
Where does Klopp rank on our all time best managers list?
by Snakeye
15/12/19 04:45 AM

General Discussion
Buffoon boris
by wilkij1975
15/12/19 10:00 AM
Music thread! (now epic)
by Derek
12/12/19 10:09 PM
Lumba
by lumba
12/12/19 04:08 PM
BANANA DUCT-TAPED TO A WALL SELLS FOR $120,000 AT ART BASEL
by Pickles
09/12/19 04:25 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by Pickles
06/12/19 01:22 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
Pickles 88
EnergisedReds 80
ecnirp98 78
AccaBoosty 64
Hercules/AF 58 45
van Gogh 40
redordead13 39
wilkij1975 38
Snakeye 31