Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#628861 03/11/19 02:00 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Grinding out wins, last minute goals, relentless, never giving up, total discipline, no too big for boots merchants, every team member works their socks off

Liverpool 2019

Remind you of something in the past ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Grinding out wins, last minute goals, relentless, never giving up, total discipline, no too big for boots merchants, every team member works their socks off

Liverpool 2019

But we are not being helped by the officials, big difference

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Liverpool 2019

But we are not being helped by the officials, big difference

Certainly weren't helped by the VAR official yesterday. Is it a coincidence he was in the middle when Man U scored a very iffy goal against us?

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
We weren't helped yesterday but we still won. Klopp has instilled that never say die attitude that Ferguson had with his best united sides, a lot of their games weren't pretty and they were always scoring last gasp goals.
The youngsters showed that against Arsenal during the week.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Sorry Stan... but we have a completely different identity. Our players don't surround the ref every 5 mins; our manager doesn't put pressure on the ref, bully journalists, insult managers of opposing team and we don't have our executives pulling strings within the FA or an investment in our club form the same broadcaster given exclusive broadcasting contracts by the Premier League.

The attitudes that have been instilled in our team are nothing but good old professionalism. It's not over 'till it's over; play to the final whistle; never give up; don't look any further than the next game etc. This is Klopp's Liverpool and no one else's.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Sorry Stan... but we have a completely different identity. Our players don't surround the ref every 5 mins; our manager doesn't put pressure on the ref, bully journalists, insult managers of opposing team and we don't have our executives pulling strings within the FA or an investment in our club form the same broadcaster given exclusive broadcasting contracts by the Premier League.

The attitudes that have been instilled in our team are nothing but good old professionalism. It's not over 'till it's over; play to the final whistle; never give up; don't look any further than the next game etc. This is Klopp's Liverpool and no one else's.

I am not saying it's exactly the same in all respects and many of the General cultures of the 90,s are not the same in the game today. However I do see similarities in approach myself

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I am not saying it's exactly the same in all respects and many of the General cultures of the 90,s are not the same in the game today. However I do see similarities in approach myself

I agree... it's just that I don't attribute those similarities to anything pioneered by or unique to the bloke you mention. if you go back even further then I think it was Clough who used to say that it only takes a second to score a goal, the point being that you've got to keep going to the end. So in my opinion, we don't deserve or want to have that man's name associated with our current team simply because of those similarities. We didn't learn that attitude from him.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Unfortunately we cannot play like we've been playing the last few games against City, and hope to grind out a win. They have the same intensity and never say die attitude.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Unfortunately we cannot play like we've been playing the last few games against City, and hope to grind out a win. They have the same intensity and never say die attitude.

Yep, really not happy with Salah's performance these days, don't know if he is not fully fit, but he is not playing as good as he did. We will have to be really on top of our game against them

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 04/11/19 06:51 AM.
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
The front 3 will have to be on their toes and actually score when a chance presents itself.

Only Mané managed to do something of worth the other day - after a very poor game mind you.

But the other 2 were hopelessly poor all game.

The medel to the worst finish in that game goes to Lallana though! OMG almost hitting the corner flag with that shot, when it was just to tap it in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion