Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
At least Naby was taken off as a precaution, because he was limping - according to Klopp.

He has toe done soon I think. Can’t stay fit for more than a few games so might be worth cutting out losses here for me. Real shame.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
At least Naby was taken off as a precaution, because he was limping - according to Klopp.

He has toe done soon I think. Can’t stay fit for more than a few games so might be worth cutting out losses here for me. Real shame.

I can't see Klopp doing that, he waited a year to get him, and no club would pay a large fee with his appearance record, I think Klopp will persevere.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yeah you’re probably right. But he’s no good to us if he can’t play, which has been a lot since he came.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I can't see Klopp doing that, he waited a year to get him, and no club would pay a large fee with his appearance record, I think Klopp will persevere.

Yep, Klopp is too stubborn for that, he was about to even keep Karius after the CL debacle

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Yeah you’re probably right. But he’s no good to us if he can’t play, which has been a lot since he came.

At least it's not the same recurring injuries, he's been abit unlucky, he needs a good run of games, we all know he's a good player, but like you say, he's no good if he can't play due to injuries, sounds like he's in the reckoning for the weekend with a fitness test, so shouldn't be serious.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well maybe. But the injuries are mounting up. I like him and think he could do really well for us. But the injuries need to stop or there’s no point keeping him.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I like Keita. That first game he played v West Ham last season he looked like he had real ability.

He hasn't really pushed on but has been unlucky to be kept out by injuries and some excellent performances by other players. I totally understand Snakeye and ghostgoal for wanting to bin him as we did pay a lot for him and we could still probably get a huge chunk of it back by selling him back to a German club.

But his overall displays both the other night and v Genk were not of a player who is going to be a first team regular on merit any time soon. And that is a worry for someone in their second season.

It must be hard getting into a team that is winning every week. When everyone is fit the only general change in the line up is rotating a midfielder out. If Wij, Henderson, Milner, Fabinho are all fit he doesn't get a game. He will also be behind one of those in terms of substitute use. So like Ox he has to wait and then take his opportunity with a performance that says he must stay in the team. He is always going to be under pressure to perform and that is not helping him.

He got a couple of goals late last season and then got injured again. He just needs a good change of fortune and I just hope it happens for him as I feel there is a really good player in there.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
It was a crazy game, looked like both managers unleashed their packs to have a right old roust-a-bout. It was topsy-turvy from start to finish and from end to end, so much so I'd say Klopp might well have been peeved to win it!! Tbh I don't think we learned a lot from it, as it was just an almighty kick about. The best that can be said is that it'll give the youngsters a lift and a bit of game time.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
It must have boosted our winning mentality and also the Fortress Anfield being intact is a positive to take from the Arsenal game.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion