Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Thank god Klopp has more measured wisdom than kneejerkers on this site. Last night's team was very experimental and it showed in the first half. William and Van den Burgh were nervy - and Brewster did very little to hold up play and link up with the other two strikers. While none of them had a brilliant game - they all grew into it and had a better second half. Brewster had some decent half chances and showed a good burst of speed in the final play of the game. He slotted his penalty perfectly and will have learned a lot from last night's experience. Writing him off after two games, weeks apart, in two lineups that have played little football together, is just silly. Thankfully we have professionals in charge.

May I ask what we are allowed to discuss in here then, without being called kneejerkers, since probably none of us are at the same level as football experts are?

Maybe we should just ask Dunk to close the site down, because there's no need for it?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Thank god Klopp has more measured wisdom than kneejerkers on this site. Last night's team was very experimental and it showed in the first half. William and Van den Burgh were nervy - and Brewster did very little to hold up play and link up with the other two strikers. While none of them had a brilliant game - they all grew into it and had a better second half. Brewster had some decent half chances and showed a good burst of speed in the final play of the game. He slotted his penalty perfectly and will have learned a lot from last night's experience. Writing him off after two games, weeks apart, in two lineups that have played little football together, is just silly. Thankfully we have professionals in charge.

May I ask what we are allowed to discuss in here then, without being called kneejerkers, since probably none of us are at the same level as football experts are?

Maybe we should just ask Dunk to close the site down, because there's no need for it?

For some any kind of questioning the club is prohibited, indeed this site should be closed down.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Those who are kneejerkers know who they are. I don't think the post by KP singled anyone out and of course everyone is entitled to their views. Not everyone criticised Brewster. So in not having a go at the player many stayed silent. Some like KP have been supportive of the player and not laid into him. Even he says he didn't have a brilliant game but grew into it.

Unfortunately some will take one word like kneejerker and instead of trying to see positive and negative like KP has simply go on the attack.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Those who are kneejerkers know who they are. I don't think the post by KP singled anyone out and of course everyone is entitled to their views. Not everyone criticised Brewster. So in not having a go at the player many stayed silent. Some like KP have been supportive of the player and not laid into him. Even he says he didn't have a brilliant game but grew into it.

Unfortunately some will take one word like kneejerker and instead of trying to see positive and negative like KP has simply go on the attack.

+1 to this.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

+1 to this.

I've heard quite a few people on Podcasts who were at the game and are singing Brewster's praises for his performance, I think to see him live, watching his movement and work rate is showing he's got something, he just needs to get a goal, he's close to things but not getting the break, maybe that doesn't come over so much on the TV coverage.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
My lad went to the game and he thought as did everyone around him that Brewster got the first goal until I sent him a text telling him. He said he was running all game and didn't give up.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion