Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
And again: It's not about getting someone in and warm the bench. It's about rotation.

Why does that work so well for our midfield, but couldn't work up top?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
And again: It's not about getting someone in and warm the bench. It's about rotation.

Totally agree

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Regardless of rotation or warming the bench, we couldn’t have bought anyone close to as good as the front three with just the promise of rotation. Top players want to play and play regularly not be rotated. Better cover than Origi and Brewster could’ve been bought but we’d still be looking at lower quality than the front three. Klopp must think what he’s got is good enough.

For me it’s easier to rotate in midfield. The partnerships are easier to rotate than those up top. Forwards need time together to know each other’s game to get the best out of each other. Most teams stick with their best partnerships and don’t rotate on a regular basis. Same with CB’s. I remember us all complaining when Rafa barely played the same team from one week to the next and our results reflected that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Regardless of rotation or warming the bench, we couldn’t have bought anyone close to as good as the front three with just the promise of rotation. Top players want to play and play regularly not be rotated. Better cover than Origi and Brewster could’ve been bought but we’d still be looking at lower quality than the front three. Klopp must think what he’s got is good enough.

For me it’s easier to rotate in midfield. The partnerships are easier to rotate than those up top. Forwards need time together to know each other’s game to get the best out of each other. Most teams stick with their best partnerships and don’t rotate on a regular basis. Same with CB’s. I remember us all complaining when Rafa barely played the same team from one week to the next and our results reflected that.

So? City bought Gabriel Jesus for 27m and he provided good cover/rotation for Aguero considered to be one of the best strikers in the league, Bernardo Silva was bought for 40m to provide cover/rotate with Sane and Sterling. Aguero has been injured on and off and Sane long term, good that they bought those players who are both better than Origi and Brewster, though probably not at the same level as Aguero and Sane/Sterling

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
So what? You’re talking rotation. That would require a player of equal quality for us not to drop off as we’d have that player playing probably 20 odd games in a rotation with the other three. City don’t do that and Aguero plays the lions share of games when fit so their performances don’t drop off. Not sure why you mention Bernardo Silva as he’s a midfielder?

As I said, we could have got better than Origi and Brewster but only as cover and our front three would still play most games. Origi has chipped in when called upon but so I’d ok as cover but I’d not really want him for a long stint in the team. Going by our forward threes injury record we’d be unlucky for that to happen.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
So what? You’re talking rotation. That would require a player of equal quality for us not to drop off as we’d have that player playing probably 20 odd games in a rotation with the other three. City don’t do that and Aguero plays the lions share of games when fit so their performances don’t drop off. Not sure why you mention Bernardo Silva as he’s a midfielder?

As I said, we could have got better than Origi and Brewster but only as cover and our front three would still play most games. Origi has chipped in when called upon but so I’d ok as cover but I’d not really want him for a long stint in the team. Going by our forward threes injury record we’d be unlucky for that to happen.

Actually Jesus is getting more and more games even when Aguero is available, they even rotate in the same game. Aguero played 9 games starting 6 while Jesus 7 starting 4 in the league. So it's quite balanced

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
A 4:th man of similar quality as the other 3 up top wouldn't be a disaster for any of them, when we talk about the number of games they'd all get over a season.

At least 30 games each, and also some cameos off the bench for the one not getting to start a game.

Last edited by van Gogh; 30/10/19 04:32 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
According to Ian McGarry, official negotiations with RB Leipzig have been opened by Liverpool on Timo Werner, per the Echo today.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
That would be about the right level of player to rotate with the other 3 up top!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
That would be about the right level of player to rotate with the other 3 up top!

Yeah, we have been heavily linked with him for a few years, but then again we had the same with Pulisic, seems we can get Werner allot cheaper if he has the £30 million release clause.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion