Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#628696 28/10/19 08:56 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Give him a new contract and back to old ways .....

http://www.koptalk.com/liverpool-fc-news/joel-matip-suffers-injury-setback/

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
A bit harsh ecnirp! He and VVD had struck up a great partnership making our defence rock solid, getting it's just rewards in shutting out Spurs in The CL Final. I'm certain Matip is enjoying his football more than he ever has before in his career alongside our Rolls Royce.

Klopp needs to embed Gomez back in the team alongside VVD because Lovren would fill me with dread if he played in the City game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Shame for Matip but he is a bit Ledley King!

Hopefully Gomes comes good again but if not, to be fair to him, Lovren has looked OK with VVD next to him.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
A bit harsh ecnirp! He and VVD had struck up a great partnership making our defence rock solid, getting it's just rewards in shutting out Spurs in The CL Final. I'm certain Matip is enjoying his football more than he ever has before in his career alongside our Rolls Royce.

Klopp needs to embed Gomez back in the team alongside VVD because Lovren would fill me with dread if he played in the City game.

I like Matip, he is an excellent CB who deserves to play first choice alongside VvD, problem is he is injury prone, unfortunately some players are, I have no problem with his new contract and we are right to keep & reward him, just sods law as soon as we do he is out injured.

I think Klopp is still easing Gomez back after his injury to get fitness, we know Klopp doesn't like to rush injured players back, especially young ones, so I expect Lovren to play for now.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
We need Gomez back to his best ASAP, Lovern can't be depended on, simple as.
Matip improved massively last season and has continued his form so far this season, he's a massive loss, particularly with the City game looming.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Back to his old ways? What an idiotic comment. He's in the form of his life, champion of Europe, playing at the top of the table. You think he got hurt deliberately, or that he's ducking training? Behave.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Fear not

We have lovern

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
In fairness Lovren hasn't been that bad. I'd prefer Gomez but hey, we've got 2 players available to fill in that position..glass half full.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By redordead13
Back to his old ways? What an idiotic comment. He's in the form of his life, champion of Europe, playing at the top of the table. You think he got hurt deliberately, or that he's ducking training? Behave.

I don't believe he deliberately got injured or is ducking anything, he's a top player and we are better with him, I was just saying it's sods law we give him a new long deal and he gets injured immediately, he is prone to picking up these niggling injuries, then again, I guess we have the same with Lovren & Gomez who never seem to be available for a few months on the run.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By redordead13
agreed 110%. some people forget that they are just human beings and not some robot. they will get injured and there is not much they can do about it. some might get more injries because of poor life styles but there has been no suggestion that matip is nothing but a outstanding professional

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion