KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628622 - 27/10/19 03:33 PM CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS
Dunk Offline
KopTalk Editor

Loc: KOPTALK
LIVERPOOL: Alisson, Trent AA, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

SUBS: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Origi.

#628624 - 27/10/19 03:38 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Dunk]
Dunk Offline
KopTalk Editor

Loc: KOPTALK
SPURS: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sánchez, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Son, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

SUBS: Vertonghen, Dier, Lo Celso, Lucas Moura, Ndombele, Davies, Austin

#628627 - 27/10/19 04:10 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Dunk]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Lovern? Has Klopp fallen out of love with Gomez? Lovern is a risk, he can be good, but then again that horrible mistake is always just waiting to happen, is it not? As I expected Klopp has gone with the old reliables and I agree with that for this game, though I'd have thought about taking a risk on Keita for a bit of creativity and goal threat from midfield.
This is no gimme, and we'll have to be at our best for all three points.

#628628 - 27/10/19 04:21 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Lovern? Has Klopp fallen out of love with Gomez? Lovern is a risk, he can be good, but then again that horrible mistake is always just waiting to happen, is it not? As I expected Klopp has gone with the old reliables and I agree with that for this game, though I'd have thought about taking a risk on Keita for a bit of creativity and goal threat from midfield.

First time this season Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son are playing. Won't be easy

#628633 - 27/10/19 08:44 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Dunk]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Big win, I thought we might struggle today with Tottenham having some returning stars, Son & Kane always cause us problems, also following a good win for City which cut our lead to 3 points, it was important we didn't drop points again after the Utd game, we seem to have a pattern of doing that over the last few seasons, so getting a win was vital, you can imagine the headlines if we dropped points again.

Going behind so early on really tested us, one we came through... just, their keeper kept making great saves and I thought it might be one of those games!

Lovren gives me nightmares, he was unlucky with the deflected shot from Son, but you could argue he should have stayed upright and took it in the face and not ducked out abit, I would rather see Gomez playing at CB, you just know your waiting for the Lovren mess up!

Hopefully Matip will be back soon, we look far more solid with VvD & Matip in the defence.

It means we go into the City game at Anfield top of the PL whatever happens in the next game, which is a great position to be in.

#628636 - 27/10/19 08:58 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Dunk]
RedJohn Offline
Under 23 Player

Lovren just doesn't look like he'll get any better. There's hope for Gomez but he does look shaky at times. Probably the injuries and lack of game time.

Keita's another one unlucky with injuries but although there's glimpses, he's just not doing it so far. I'd much prefer Ox if we needed more goals from midfield.

Great win though. It'll be a long season but we need to beat City in 2 weeks time.

#628640 - 28/10/19 12:49 AM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Dunk]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

It was a top class game today, Spurs seem to be getting over their recent slump and will be a handful for any side they meet. To lift ourselves from such an unfortunate goal and go on to win was "monster mentality" at work, no doubt about that.
Am now looking forward to the City game, what a boost it'll be if we can take three points in this one! Also looking forward to seeing how our second string get on against Arsenal's selection on Wednesday, a win'll do wonders for the youngsters development, and we need them sharp in the event they might be needed for call up, as the season progresses.

#628644 - 28/10/19 06:40 AM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

It was a top class game today, Spurs seem to be getting over their recent slump and will be a handful for any side they meet. To lift ourselves from such an unfortunate goal and go on to win was "monster mentality" at work, no doubt about that.
Am now looking forward to the City game, what a boost it'll be if we can take three points in this one! Also looking forward to seeing how our second string get on against Arsenal's selection on Wednesday, a win'll do wonders for the youngsters development, and we need them sharp in the event they might be needed for call up, as the season progresses.

Yes we played really well against a good team and a very good GK.

#628659 - 28/10/19 02:35 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
redordead13 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Gomez has had fitness issues. Klopp has said Gomez isn't' ready to play a full 90 yet, which is crucial for a CB.

#628661 - 28/10/19 03:33 PM Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V SPURS [Re: redordead13]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By redordead13

Gomez has had fitness issues. Klopp has said Gomez isn't' ready to play a full 90 yet, which is crucial for a CB.

Let's pray we don't lose VVD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
How many Man City or Leicester players would get in our team
by Snakeye
08/12/19 08:58 AM
11 points clear of city feeling safe ?
by Redro
07/12/19 09:42 PM
Club WC squad
by van Gogh
07/12/19 02:27 PM
Divok Ockoth Origi, first of his name:
by ecnirp98
07/12/19 02:15 PM
FA Cup 3:rd round draw
by redordead13
06/12/19 09:48 PM

General Discussion
BANANA DUCT-TAPED TO A WALL SELLS FOR $120,000 AT ART BASEL
by AccaBoosty
07/12/19 01:02 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by Pickles
06/12/19 01:22 PM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
02/12/19 08:35 PM
pedo prince
by Markhutch1
29/11/19 10:53 AM
Extinction Rebellion
by EMP
20/11/19 08:54 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)