Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I don't think it was a forward we missed at OT... it was a creative midfielder. Someone behind the forward line who can either play a pass, go past players, score goals. i.e. give the opposition someone else to worry about if their plan is to neutralise our front three and the deliveries from Robertson and TAA.

Or put Origi in the centre and play to his strengths rather than use him as if he’s the same type of player as the other three. It’s the one thing that Klopp doesn’t do well for me. Rejigging slightly to get the best out of who’s available is always better than trying to shoehorn players into what they’re not.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
You’re forgetting Ox, Shaq and dare I say Lallana for ourselves to add to a Origi and Brewster. Gini has also proved he can be effective further forward, for the national side at least.

The basic fact is that if any team lost one or two of its main front men they’d struggle.

We might have the players but none are of the level of City players or our forwards despite Lallana scoring in the last game. Shaq doesn't even get games, maybe Ox but that's really maybe for quite some time. That we really missed a good forward was so obvious at OT. Good thing is that Lallana is so invisible that nobody saw him running to score.

Yeah and we’re still a way ahead of them. If only we’d bought a player. Any player cry

Definitely not any player as we have players like Origi, Lallana, Brewster, we just needed to buy better, but, despite the record revenues and probably profits, we had more bills to pay apparently.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
You’re forgetting Ox, Shaq and dare I say Lallana for ourselves to add to a Origi and Brewster. Gini has also proved he can be effective further forward, for the national side at least.

The basic fact is that if any team lost one or two of its main front men they’d struggle.

We might have the players but none are of the level of City players or our forwards despite Lallana scoring in the last game. Shaq doesn't even get games, maybe Ox but that's really maybe for quite some time. That we really missed a good forward was so obvious at OT. Good thing is that Lallana is so invisible that nobody saw him running to score.

Yeah and we’re still a way ahead of them. If only we’d bought a player. Any player cry

We are ahead of them because our forwards have been fit most of the time, coincidence, we lost 2 points when Salah was out and no need to buy any player as we have Origi, Brewster and Lallana as any players, we need better. Yes, we may be lucky to have our forwards fit the whole season, however, for me that's a big risk and short sightedness.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Our forwards have shown to be pretty robust with only a few injuries between them so not really trusting to luck is it? Well not anymore than anyone else does it you do with any player.

We could’ve bought your man crush Werner and he got injured long term in his first game. The next game Salah could’ve got injured long term. So whatever we do we trust to luck if you want to call it that. You can’t legislate and buy new player because your current ones MIGHT get injured. You’d have hundreds of players.

We have cover that is good enough. I know you don’t agree but Klopp thinks we have and he knows his onions. They’re not as good as those at City(?) but we can’t afford to spank £50m on a bench warmer or the wages that will come with it. Like it or not that’s the reality of it and no amount of moaning and claiming we must have money will change that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Our forwards have shown to be pretty robust with only a few injuries between them so not really trusting to luck is it? Well not anymore than anyone else does it you do with any player.

We could’ve bought your man crush Werner and he got injured long term in his first game. The next game Salah could’ve got injured long term. So whatever we do we trust to luck if you want to call it that. You can’t legislate and buy new player because your current ones MIGHT get injured. You’d have hundreds of players.

We have cover that is good enough. I know you don’t agree but Klopp thinks we have and he knows his onions. They’re not as good as those at City(?) but we can’t afford to spank £50m on a bench warmer or the wages that will come with it. Like it or not that’s the reality of it and no amount of moaning and claiming we must have money will change that.

I think we could have afford to spend 50m after the record revenues we had last season. Klopp said we had bills to pay, don't understand how our bills suddenly got to record high. The probability of having 2 players injured is less than having 1 injured.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 26/10/19 08:58 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It is strange how he said we had no money because of bills. But he knows what he’s doing. I think he believes that the squad can do what it needs to to win and that the right addition wasn’t available. We all know Klopp won’t buy unless it’s 100% the right player.

Not sure it’s less likely that two players will get injured than one. The reality is there is no way of knowing or predicting. We could go the whole season with no injuries or have a complete mare and have lots of injuries. There’s no way to know or predict what will happen. Just look at Alisson’s injury. No one could predict a keeper would pull a calf.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It is strange how he said we had no money because of bills. But he knows what he’s doing. I think he believes that the squad can do what it needs to to win and that the right addition wasn’t available. We all know Klopp won’t buy unless it’s 100% the right player.

Not sure it’s less likely that two players will get injured than one. The reality is there is no way of knowing or predicting. We could go the whole season with no injuries or have a complete mare and have lots of injuries. There’s no way to know or predict what will happen. Just look at Alisson’s injury. No one could predict a keeper would pull a calf.

We will have the most number of games this season than ever with the club world cup in Qatar, let's hope injuries is not the reason we miss on the league after such a good start. The way FSG have behaved in the transfer window shows they have no ambition and Klopp saying we have bills to pay proves that to me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It’s got nothing to do with FSG. Money is there and if Klopp wanted someone we’d have gone for them. Not sure why everyone thinks different?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It’s got nothing to do with FSG. Money is there and if Klopp wanted someone we’d have gone for them. Not sure why everyone thinks different?

Maybe because we bought nobody and Klopp said we had bills to pay. In any case waiting for the annual report to see what bills we had to pay, won't be surprised if it is some shareholders loan.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Chelsea didn't buy anyone and they're looking better game by game.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion