Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
So they should’ve let ISIS run wild out there? I’d suggest it’s more damned if they do damned if they don’t.

This wasn’t a problem of their making and have helped get rid of one of the nastiest group of mentalists there’s been yet still you moan. Just an excuse to have a go.

and how exactly did ISIS come into existence?

Ah I wondered when that old chestnut would come out to try and cover your unbridled hypocrisy.

But as vish said, your beloved Labour Party in conjunction with president Bush helped start it if that’s what you want to hear?

Just an excuse to moan unfortunately.

Oh and no condemnation of the aggressors here? Surprise surprise.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 10/10/19 06:36 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
So they should’ve let ISIS run wild out there? I’d suggest it’s more damned if they do damned if they don’t.

This wasn’t a problem of their making and have helped get rid of one of the nastiest group of mentalists there’s been yet still you moan. Just an excuse to have a go.

ISIS came into existence because of the illegal war Bush and Blair started in Iraq, when the Saddam regime was defeated there were a lot of armed Sunni soldiers who were left behind and were not integrated in the US backed government. They ended up creating ISIS.

Turkey/Erdogan does not want powerful Kurds and he basically told Trump he was moving in and didn't want US troops to get involved. For whatever reasons Trump just bent. Now let's see what Europe including UK does when its ISIS nationals return, would be interesting. The US will be much less impacted so Europe should have stepped in, but then they rely too much on the US for their army. That's why a European army would have made sense. They understand now that they cannot keep on relying on US. The Kurds will just be the collateral damage but nothing new there

Very strange what Trump did here but no real surprise. And all for bringing back something like 50 troops?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Ah I wondered when that old chestnut would come out to try and cover your unbridled hypocrisy.

But as vish said, your beloved Labour Party in conjunction with president Bush helped start it if that’s what you want to hear?

Just an excuse to moan unfortunately.

Oh and no condemnation of the aggressors here? Surprise surprise.

Ah the old chestnut that the west played a huge role in creating this mess. That old chestnut which is actually a fact. But that is britain in 2019. If you use a fact based argument you are just moaning.

Do you honestly think anyone on here supports ISIS?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Britain and the west played its part no doubt but were not solely to blame. You seem to be forgetting that the mess in Syria was nothing to do with the west (I’m sure the far left lunatic will be along to claim it was soon) yet you want the US to clean up its mess??

Well you don’t seem too happy that the US and the west helped rid the world of them. You’re also not condemning the reckless invasion of Syria by Turkey? Imagine if it was a western invasion. Imagine the hand wringing and condemnation.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Britain and the west played its part no doubt but were not solely to blame. You seem to be forgetting that the mess in Syria was nothing to do with the west (I’m sure the far left lunatic will be along to claim it was soon) yet you want the US to clean up its mess??

Well you don’t seem too happy that the US and the west helped rid the world of them. You’re also not condemning the reckless invasion of Syria by Turkey? Imagine if it was a western invasion. Imagine the hand wringing and condemnation.

Ah so the fact that we are not solely to blame makes it alright then. Tell me who else was searching for weapons of mass destruction?

Who gave Turkey the green light to invade Syria.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 10/10/19 10:50 AM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

You still happy with the USA?

Asked whether he was concerned about ISIS fighters fleeing Kurdish custody and becoming a threat elsewhere, Trump said during a press conference on Wednesday: “Well they’re going to be escaping to Europe. That's where they want to go, they want to go back to their homes.”

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

ISIS came into existence because of the illegal war Bush and Blair started in Iraq, when the Saddam regime was defeated there were a lot of armed Sunni soldiers who were left behind and were not integrated in the US backed government. They ended up creating ISIS.

Turkey/Erdogan does not want powerful Kurds and he basically told Trump he was moving in and didn't want US troops to get involved. For whatever reasons Trump just bent. Now let's see what Europe including UK does when its ISIS nationals return, would be interesting. The US will be much less impacted so Europe should have stepped in, but then they rely too much on the US for their army. That's why a European army would have made sense. They understand now that they cannot keep on relying on US. The Kurds will just be the collateral damage but nothing new there

Very strange what Trump did here but no real surprise. And all for bringing back something like 50 troops?

Dont think Turkey would have dared to kill a single US soldier, let alone 50. Maybe this is what they threatened Trump with, or begged him, who knows.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Ah so the fact that we are not solely to blame makes it alright then. Tell me who else was searching for weapons of mass destruction?

Who gave Turkey the green light to invade Syria.

I’m not sure what you’re on about really but what is there that the US should make right there? They didn’t start that conflict but helped get rid of a horrible, nasty terrorist group. They did what they set out to do and are now doing what most hand wringers would want them too. I’m sure if they stayed you’d have moaned. I’m sure if they'd not gone you’d have moaned too.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

You still happy with the USA?

Asked whether he was concerned about ISIS fighters fleeing Kurdish custody and becoming a threat elsewhere, Trump said during a press conference on Wednesday: “Well they’re going to be escaping to Europe. That's where they want to go, they want to go back to their homes.”

Where did I say I was happy with them? For the sake of bringing 50 odd soldiers home I don’t see why they couldn’t have stayed. At least it was keeping the Turkish out. Still no condemning them I see.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
All "the west is evil" merchants one would have been happy the evil USA sent its troops home. Maybe this is a reminder to those dolts why we need to be selectively involved at times

However my view is trump was unwise and reckless and turkey potentially confronting Iran, Syria and Russia could be very dangerous. But ultimately the fault is the countries in the region not the USA for not standing between them. It also shows a "do nothing" policy by the west is highly dangerous

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion