Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
All I can say is that they’re lucky they didn’t soil mine and my boys first trip to London back in April. I wonder how they all get into London or how that boat got there too?

I think they might be doing something for your boys actually, you won't be too impacted yourself.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
All I can say is that they’re lucky they didn’t soil mine and my boys first trip to London back in April. I wonder how they all get into London or how that boat got there too?

I think they might be doing something for your boys actually, you won't be too impacted yourself.

They’re not doing anything for my boy. Disrupting London, leaving a mess, driving cars in to the city or using public transport, somehow towing a boat in to the city, causing vehicles to sit idling in an already polluted city is NOT doing anything for my boy.

I am though. I’m getting a hybrid car grin

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
How is Rent A Crowd doing anything worthwhile?

Promoting UN Agenda 21 with a BS climate change argument.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Markhutch1
How is Rent A Crowd doing anything worthwhile?

Promoting UN Agenda 21 with a BS climate change argument.

They are making you talk about it, that the whole point. It takes time and lots of communication + explanation to change the culture and values of people. Sometimes/often that is not enough, but worth trying.

Climate change is a real phenomenon and it's not the UN that have invented it. There is no other way to get the maximum of countries involved and even then, it's far from being a success when big countries like US, India, Brazil and China do not seem to give a damn, though the latter will make the biggest and fastest changes.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

They’re not doing anything for my boy. Disrupting London, leaving a mess, driving cars in to the city or using public transport, somehow towing a boat in to the city, causing vehicles to sit idling in an already polluted city is NOT doing anything for my boy.

What they are doing for your boy is for his future and it's getting people to talk about it at least. What would you suggest, business as usual or at least try something? What else could they try?

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Just because Mauritius has fallen for the Agenda 21 climate change

con,dosent mean people in England will follow suit.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
If lol.. a while back you were a flat out denier. Trump would be disgusted with u

I am sure you have played monopoly when you land on vine street ever wonder why it's called so? In medieval times Britain had a Mediterranean climate and grapes were a common part of the diet. In Victorian times the Thames froze over. Our climate changes naturally. Where I am not convinced is climate change is man made and I have never seen any evidence other than assertions. However what is beyond doubt is man is destroying our planet by overpopulation and development you don't need to go to the Amazon basin to see that parts of Britain are being urbanised at an alarming rate

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

What they are doing for your boy is for his future and it's getting people to talk about it at least. What would you suggest, business as usual or at least try something? What else could they try?

I would suggest they let people go about their business. Some people the last time around couldn’t get to work and couldn’t afford not to get to work. People who do that don’t deserve to be listened to and will most definitely lose my support. That’s not today I don’t agree with the cause but what they’re doing is proper stupid.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EMP
If lol.. a while back you were a flat out denier. Trump would be disgusted with u

I am sure you have played monopoly when you land on vine street ever wonder why it's called so? In medieval times Britain had a Mediterranean climate and grapes were a common part of the diet. In Victorian times the Thames froze over. Our climate changes naturally. Where I am not convinced is climate change is man made and I have never seen any evidence other than assertions. However what is beyond doubt is man is destroying our planet by overpopulation and development you don't need to go to the Amazon basin to see that parts of Britain are being urbanised at an alarming rate

Everybody who follows this a bit knows that the climate has been changing over centuries, it's the rate of current change which is the problem. Now that we have data that nobody had before it's not difficult to follow what it is compared to what it should have been and big majority of scientists seem to agree, there is no reason why they would make that up. The big losers in this will be those associated with fossil fuels, they are the ones having the most wealth and they know how to divide and rule. I am sure you know how the cigarette industry denied for decades that cigarette was harmful, but now it is an accepted fact, it's the same for the fossil fuel godfathers and godmothers

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
[quote=EnergisedReds]

I would suggest they let people go about their business. Some people the last time around couldn’t get to work and couldn’t afford not to get to work. People who do that don’t deserve to be listened to and will most definitely lose my support. That’s not today I don’t agree with the cause but what they’re doing is proper stupid.

What after that, should we continue with business as usual? The consequences will be much more that the hard time people are enduring by not being able to go to their work and it's only when business is hurt that things have a chance of changing. I think that their message is about urgency, what else can they do? That said, the big majority of people are very resistant to change, especially if they don't see what's in it for them, including me, the current change is to benefit future generations, that's the big challenge.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion