KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
We have the easier Christmas fixtures for sure. With the club world cup and all the extra fixtures, we might need them. If we can maintain this gap until we play City, and if we beat them, it may break their spirits. Early days, no chickens counted, but Klopp is playing every card just right at the moment.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I would put it that we have already played 3 Top 6 teams and won in Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester City.

City have played maybe 1 Top 6 team and drew against Spurs.

Man Utd are not going to make the Top 6 unless they sack Solskjaer now, so as things stand I see Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester as the most likely Top 6 teams.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
A long way to go, we have done what we needed so far and have made a great start, City have also dropped more points than we could have hoped, so we should enjoy this, but it is not over.

The interesting thing with City is that these are not losses to Wonder goals, like the Palace game last year, teams are smelling blood, they know they have a dodgy defense and lack some creativity without De Bruyne, so we need to press on while they are struggling and hope they drop more points.

January could be an interesting transfer window for us & City...

most likly we wont be buying anyone

I agree, it will be interesting to see what City do in January, particularly with the CB problems they have, Laporte may still not be back by the end of the January Window and they never replaced Kompany, which is definitely affecting them now. If they do not buy, I can see them continue to struggle defensively, particularly as even when Laporte comes back early next year, it will take him time to get upto speed and he will be vulnerable to injuries, particularly if he is rushed back.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
A long way to go, we have done what we needed so far and have made a great start, City have also dropped more points than we could have hoped, so we should enjoy this, but it is not over.

The interesting thing with City is that these are not losses to Wonder goals, like the Palace game last year, teams are smelling blood, they know they have a dodgy defense and lack some creativity without De Bruyne, so we need to press on while they are struggling and hope they drop more points.

I agree, it will be interesting to see what City do in January, particularly with the CB problems they have, Laporte may still not be back by the end of the January Window and they never replaced Kompany, which is definitely affecting them now. If they do not buy, I can see them continue to struggle defensively, particularly as even when Laporte comes back early next year, it will take him time to get upto speed and he will be vulnerable to injuries, particularly if he is rushed back.

They'll probably go for Koulibaly, players are not CL cup tied anymore. Or maybe not as he will be too expensive

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 09/10/19 02:03 AM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

They'll probably go for Koulibaly, players are not CL cup tied anymore. Or maybe not as he will be too expensive
his a fantastic CB but im not sure his a pep player. his not got the passing ability for pep

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By EMP
I reckon chelsea could come into the running

And Arsenal are getting it together too. However fatigue, both physical and mental, together with consequent injury problems, might prove our biggest nemesis. It's way too early to be seeing the winning post. Let's just take it game by game, for now, please.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By EMP
I reckon chelsea could come into the running

And Arsenal are getting it together too. However fatigue, both physical and mental, together with consequent injury problems, might prove our biggest nemesis. It's way too early to be seeing the winning post. Let's just take it game by game, for now, please.

And Mane and Firmino travelling to Singapore to face each other in a friendly is not going to help either.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion