Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Metz Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
M
We sit top of the league after 8 games with a 100% record with 30 games to play, and already the likes of Pep, Neville and Redknapp stating we will win the league

I hope they're right but this league is a marathon not a sprint (pick your favourite analogy) and stating its Liverpool's to loose is a bit premature in my view.

The pressure will come soon enough, but with 30 games to go I wish some of these pundits would keep their thoughts to themselves!

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
I agree that whilst the position we are in certainly isn't doing us any harm and is something we should be excited about nothing is won until it's won.

I don't see any point in making a prediction of winning it after 8 games.

Enjoy the season, see where it takes us and celebrate if we win.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Metz
We sit top of the league after 8 games with a 100% record with 30 games to play, and already the likes of Pep, Neville and Redknapp stating we will win the league

I hope they're right but this league is a marathon not a sprint (pick your favourite analogy) and stating its Liverpool's to loose is a bit premature in my view.

The pressure will come soon enough, but with 30 games to go I wish some of these pundits would keep their thoughts to themselves!

No team can win the league after 8 games but you can lose it after 8 games. Question is, has City lost it after losing 2 games in 8, last season I think they lost 4 for the season.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Late November into December and January is the crucial period because we have a far bigger schedule than any other Football team in World Football. We are still in every Competition:- Premier League, Champions League, World Club Football Competition, FA Cup and League Cup. We've already played more games than most teams, to start makingcertain predictions now is folly!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
A long way to go, we have done what we needed so far and have made a great start, City have also dropped more points than we could have hoped, so we should enjoy this, but it is not over.

The interesting thing with City is that these are not losses to Wonder goals, like the Palace game last year, teams are smelling blood, they know they have a dodgy defense and lack some creativity without De Bruyne, so we need to press on while they are struggling and hope they drop more points.

January could be an interesting transfer window for us & City...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
My Man City pals reckon they are a different team this year. Whereas they can hammer teams 8 nil and beat anybody they are struggling to win every week as last year. They badly miss kompany even when he was injured he was a big influence. They think that although we might drop points so will they.

I know it's early but this could be ours to lose

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It's looking like our task could become even more difficult if we get the promised freezing temps and snow November onwards. We'll have fixture congestion later with loads of games being called off.

One ray of light is that we can probably go to Qatar and have a serious go at winning The World Club Championship.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I reckon chelsea could come into the running

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
A long way to go, we have done what we needed so far and have made a great start, City have also dropped more points than we could have hoped, so we should enjoy this, but it is not over.

The interesting thing with City is that these are not losses to Wonder goals, like the Palace game last year, teams are smelling blood, they know they have a dodgy defense and lack some creativity without De Bruyne, so we need to press on while they are struggling and hope they drop more points.

January could be an interesting transfer window for us & City...

most likly we wont be buying anyone

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
My Man City pals reckon they are a different team this year. Whereas they can hammer teams 8 nil and beat anybody they are struggling to win every week as last year. They badly miss kompany even when he was injured he was a big influence. They think that although we might drop points so will they.

I know it's early but this could be ours to lose

The loss of Laporte has really dented their defence and Stones getting injured hasn't helped. In a way it's good that they decided not to compete with United over Maguire, a bit the same like when we decided to let go the VVD deal. We were lucky nobody came in for him for the price asked and ended up paying a few months later.

However, still early days and they will buy in Jan. Fingers crossed we don't lose VVD and Mane mainly.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 08/10/19 02:35 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion