KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor
Any views on Extinction Rebellion?

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Rent a crowd trying to promote climate change measures.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Good at the back. Not great going forward.

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Any movement that threatens the status quo is a good thing. We can argue about the causes of climate change but not the results.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
All I can say is that they’re lucky they didn’t soil mine and my boys first trip to London back in April. I wonder how they all get into London or how that boat got there too?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Bused in, paid for protesters courtesy of The Hungarian Gargoyle!

The usual fingerprints of the fascist suspect with the tedious lies and control of the MSM.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Is everybody making sure they wrap up warm this Winter in the UK?
Record low temps I hear!

How are these goons going to spin their Man Made Global Warming, then?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
All those Solar Panels and bird dicing frozen oversized windmills are going to be fc...uking useless!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Oh dear.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Britain braced for its coldest winter for nearly 60 years

A brutal winter is on its way, experts have warned

Thermometers will start to fall by the middle of October the Met Office is warning

Britain could be about to be battered by the coldest winter since 1963 - and the temperature may start to plummet in little over a week.

Forecasters warn the weather is about to turn and it could be the bleakest in 56 years.

The savage climate will be the worst many can remember, experts say with the cold snap just ten days away.

Snow may even hit this month - setting us up for a very challenging November and December with a frost already not far way.

Temperatures are set to sink below freezing in Scotland by the middle of the month.

Exacta Weather forecaster James Madden explained why things are about to change.

“October is now looking like it will turn out to be colder than average with more of a chance of something wintery setting in through the second half of the month," he said.

“There is a strong chance of widespread frosts and the chance of snowfall which will set the scene for November.

“This will pave the way for what is shaping up to be a colder than average winter with some extreme cold weather events.

“While these could start to make an impact within the next few weeks they will be particularly troublesome from December onwards.

“Snow events have been few and far between in recent years, but this winter is looking favourable to bring snow event after snow event as weather systems from the Atlantic clash with cold stagnated air over the UK.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-forecast-britain-braced-20464767

If you hurry lumbs you might be able to nab somebody's tea cozy for your mullet!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'm a suedehead and i have a benny.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
That is some next level stuff there!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The planet doesn't stand a chance.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I’m no fan of that lot and what they’re doing. I think it’s counter productive and will put a lot of people off the cause. But I’m no denier and some of that stuff is next level conspiracy ball hang.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Apparently the planet now has 11 years to live...

The left's current saviour here in the US of A, said this last year!

Along with the need to stop cows farting because it causes greenhouse gases!!! She doesn't like "Trump" because it sounds like a fart and might errrrrrm escalate the planet's destruction!!! grin

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
So according to you the planet is not warming up and sea levels aren't rising?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If we have global warming and it's man made being a total [oops] is not going to stop it nor is disrupting decent people trying to earn a living to pay taxes to pay these clowns benefits. Any that do damage to property I hope they are made to repay the damage through the courts some of them have rich mummies and daddies so the funds are there.

If they are serious about their cause drastically reducing the worlds population is the only answer everything else is a waste of time. Looking after the environment is a good thing and I am keen on it myself and practice it but mankind is the biggest destructor of our planet no more in the UK where our countryside and green belt is disappearing at a frightening rate

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
If lol.. a while back you were a flat out denier. Trump would be disgusted with u

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

But yeah u are following the Fox news Oil money line now too.."can't stop it anyway " - propaganda crap

Last edited by EMP; 08/10/19 12:20 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles

Along with the need to stop cows farting because it causes greenhouse gases!!! She doesn't like "Trump" because it sounds like a fart and might errrrrrm escalate the planet's destruction!!! grin

It not that, in 11-12 years the trend climate change has taken will become irreversible, but fossil fuel giants don't want to lose their grip to the economy especially as they will be the least affected being richer, that will still be able to cope and a population reduction might be even better. I am not sure, but I don't think you fall in that category, unless you are amongst the richest of the would and I doubt it, are you?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
All I can say is that they’re lucky they didn’t soil mine and my boys first trip to London back in April. I wonder how they all get into London or how that boat got there too?

I think they might be doing something for your boys actually, you won't be too impacted yourself.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I think they might be doing something for your boys actually, you won't be too impacted yourself.

They’re not doing anything for my boy. Disrupting London, leaving a mess, driving cars in to the city or using public transport, somehow towing a boat in to the city, causing vehicles to sit idling in an already polluted city is NOT doing anything for my boy.

I am though. I’m getting a hybrid car grin

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
How is Rent A Crowd doing anything worthwhile?

Promoting UN Agenda 21 with a BS climate change argument.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Markhutch1
How is Rent A Crowd doing anything worthwhile?

Promoting UN Agenda 21 with a BS climate change argument.

They are making you talk about it, that the whole point. It takes time and lots of communication + explanation to change the culture and values of people. Sometimes/often that is not enough, but worth trying.

Climate change is a real phenomenon and it's not the UN that have invented it. There is no other way to get the maximum of countries involved and even then, it's far from being a success when big countries like US, India, Brazil and China do not seem to give a damn, though the latter will make the biggest and fastest changes.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

They’re not doing anything for my boy. Disrupting London, leaving a mess, driving cars in to the city or using public transport, somehow towing a boat in to the city, causing vehicles to sit idling in an already polluted city is NOT doing anything for my boy.

What they are doing for your boy is for his future and it's getting people to talk about it at least. What would you suggest, business as usual or at least try something? What else could they try?

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Just because Mauritius has fallen for the Agenda 21 climate change

con,dosent mean people in England will follow suit.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
If lol.. a while back you were a flat out denier. Trump would be disgusted with u

I am sure you have played monopoly when you land on vine street ever wonder why it's called so? In medieval times Britain had a Mediterranean climate and grapes were a common part of the diet. In Victorian times the Thames froze over. Our climate changes naturally. Where I am not convinced is climate change is man made and I have never seen any evidence other than assertions. However what is beyond doubt is man is destroying our planet by overpopulation and development you don't need to go to the Amazon basin to see that parts of Britain are being urbanised at an alarming rate

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

What they are doing for your boy is for his future and it's getting people to talk about it at least. What would you suggest, business as usual or at least try something? What else could they try?

I would suggest they let people go about their business. Some people the last time around couldn’t get to work and couldn’t afford not to get to work. People who do that don’t deserve to be listened to and will most definitely lose my support. That’s not today I don’t agree with the cause but what they’re doing is proper stupid.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EMP

I am sure you have played monopoly when you land on vine street ever wonder why it's called so? In medieval times Britain had a Mediterranean climate and grapes were a common part of the diet. In Victorian times the Thames froze over. Our climate changes naturally. Where I am not convinced is climate change is man made and I have never seen any evidence other than assertions. However what is beyond doubt is man is destroying our planet by overpopulation and development you don't need to go to the Amazon basin to see that parts of Britain are being urbanised at an alarming rate

Everybody who follows this a bit knows that the climate has been changing over centuries, it's the rate of current change which is the problem. Now that we have data that nobody had before it's not difficult to follow what it is compared to what it should have been and big majority of scientists seem to agree, there is no reason why they would make that up. The big losers in this will be those associated with fossil fuels, they are the ones having the most wealth and they know how to divide and rule. I am sure you know how the cigarette industry denied for decades that cigarette was harmful, but now it is an accepted fact, it's the same for the fossil fuel godfathers and godmothers

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
[quote=EnergisedReds]

I would suggest they let people go about their business. Some people the last time around couldn’t get to work and couldn’t afford not to get to work. People who do that don’t deserve to be listened to and will most definitely lose my support. That’s not today I don’t agree with the cause but what they’re doing is proper stupid.

What after that, should we continue with business as usual? The consequences will be much more that the hard time people are enduring by not being able to go to their work and it's only when business is hurt that things have a chance of changing. I think that their message is about urgency, what else can they do? That said, the big majority of people are very resistant to change, especially if they don't see what's in it for them, including me, the current change is to benefit future generations, that's the big challenge.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If the rate of climate change is the issue how does that prove its man made ? Do we know what the rate of climate change has been over billions of years ? We can guess but we don't know the rate may simply be random or related to the sun

I genuinely don't know

Convince me

Last edited by Stanley Park; 08/10/19 12:26 PM.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Benefit future generations by herding people off the countryside and into Smart cities?

In the UK Liverpool,Manchester,Leeds and Sheffield are designated smart cities which will acommodate those forced to vacate farms,villages,smallholdings from 2030 in these regions.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Benefit future generations by herding people off the countryside and into Smart cities?

In the UK Liverpool,Manchester,Leeds and Sheffield are designated smart cities which will acommodate those forced to vacate farms,villages,smallholdings from 2030 in these regions.

I am not sure what you are talking about, who is being herded off (I suppose you mean forced to move off) farms and villages?

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Exactly,the reason being we are all screwing up the eco system or whatever its called.We are all useless oxygen thieves apparently.

Therefore must be moved to preserve the earth.

They have to have some reason to move everybody into places where it is easy to control the masses.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Exactly,the reason being we are all screwing up the eco system or whatever its called.We are all useless oxygen thieves apparently.

They have to have some reason to move everybody into places where it is easy to control the masses.

Well, I don't know about UK and the world, but no mass exodus is happening in Mauritius. If anything people will have to be moved in a the future if the water level continues to rise as it has been the case lately.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
[quote=EnergisedReds]

What after that, should we continue with business as usual? The consequences will be much more that the hard time people are enduring by not being able to go to their work and it's only when business is hurt that things have a chance of changing. I think that their message is about urgency, what else can they do? That said, the big majority of people are very resistant to change, especially if they don't see what's in it for them, including me, the current change is to benefit future generations, that's the big challenge.

Like I said, I’m not against the cause just what this lot are doing. Most people will care but will lose that if their daily lives are effected, me included.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
I believe there are eught smart city developments in Mauritius which are nearly completed.

Take your pick.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Someone prove to me climate change is man made not a natural process

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I believe there are eught smart city developments in Mauritius which are nearly completed.

Take your pick.

Nobody is forcing me or anybody else for that matter to go and live there and I am not planning to. Also, no farms has been closed by the government, if anything it's more bushland which nobody uses and there barely has trees over it. Yes there is less than 5% of sugar cane plantation that is being converted but mainly because land owners are making huge losses with the massive drop in sugar price for the last 5 years. I hope you are understand but I do have my doubts

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D

Well, I don't know about UK and the world, but no mass exodus is happening in Mauritius. If anything people will have to be moved in a the future if the water level continues to rise as it has been the case lately.

People over here are moving out of the cities because they can't afford them and they're too congested.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Someone prove to me climate change is man made not a natural process

I don't think there is any scientist on this forum who can prove anything here and as I said it's the rate of change. I am sure you can find lots of articles on the net, check greenhouse effect, otherwise I don't know what kind of proof you are looking for.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Its geared up to take place from 2030.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Its geared up to take place from 2030.

Really, you do know things. What do you do?

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
The 2030 Agenda for sustainable development adopted by the UN in 2015.

Voluntarily signed by every country.

There will be core wilderness areas connected to each other surrounded by buffer zones.Accounting for 75% of the land.These will be out of bounds.

Humans to be resettled on the remaining 25% of land in sustainable communities.ie smart cities.

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Its an essay on how to sugar coat a controlled future.

No smart cities?

No core wilderness areas and buffer zones?

CCTV cameras and devices in your home tracking you 24/7.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Its an essay on how to sugar coat a controlled future.

No smart cities?

No core wilderness areas and buffer zones?

CCTV cameras and devices in your home tracking you 24/7.

I suppose the we'll know where the weirdos are, that would be positive

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yep. If you’ve nothing to hide it shouldn’t matter if a camera is watching you should it?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
No cameras on your patio then Wilks?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yep. If you’ve nothing to hide it shouldn’t matter if a camera is watching you should it?

Yes, provided it's in a public place though, including mosques, churches, temples etc as they are public places.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
No cameras on your patio then Wilks?

I hacked them and planted a loop of footage. They’ll never get me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Yes, provided it's in a public place though, including mosques, churches, temples etc as they are public places.

Agree. Then we have Facebook encrypting their messages or whatever they’re doing making t a great place for peados and all manner of criminals to converse. All in the name of privacy?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well the commuters at Canning Town station showed what they thought of Extinction Rebellion this morning. Not nice to see but no surprise when it stops people getting to work and about their daily business.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yeah fukkk the planet ,we've got more important things to do like slaving for money before we die.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yeah fukkk the planet ,we've got more important things to do like slaving for money before we die.

Climbing on board the roof of a commuter train is not going to save the planet anyone who thinks it will is a halfwit would they prefer those commuters drove to work ? They are just anti capitalist dickheads it's nothing to do with the environment

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Yeah money that puts food on people’s tables. Bit of a stupid comment there.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
These protests were inevitable in the face of fossil fuel industry funded international policies. We are actively making the environment worse and the fallout has begun, the consequences are extinction so expect these protests to get worse.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Then expect the backlash against them to get worse. Lots of people agree with the cause but when these protests stop them working and for some they won’t get paid, which they can ill afford, they will lose a lot of support. Maybe if the protesters weren’t a bunch of double barrel named trust fund kids they’d understand.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
climate change is a natural event I believe and not man made. Just my opinion which of course will have emp dencouncing me as a denier an evil person. There can only be one opinion which is climate change is man made

So let's say I am totally wrong

Climate change is man made in that case to my mind it needs a major solution and change. Yes environmental initiatives are good and we should be doing those in any event however alone they will not touch the sides.

There can only be one solution that is to drastically reduce the worlds population. I don't see any of the [oops] climate change protesters proposing that and I don't even think the environment is their aim they are anti capitalists and professional protesters

Their yobbish behaviour has put back their supposed cause and hopefully the general public will robustly let them know what they think about them

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Climate change is a natural thing. But we’re speeding up the process and do have to be more careful in what we do and with how much fossil fuels we burn.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Climate change is a natural thing. But we’re speeding up the process and do have to be more careful in what we do and with how much fossil fuels we burn.

I agree and believe it or not I am a keen environmentalist and have been decades before it became politically fashionable. I fully support environmental measures and more. However there is more to this extinction rebellion outfit than environment far left anti capitalists form a large element. No surprise comrade emp is onboard

Sir David Attenborough has spoken about the catastrophe of over population and we see this in Britain our green belt is disappearing at an alarming rate and with it our habitats and wildlife. The very air we breathe is becoming dangerous in many urban areas

If extinction rebellion truly care about the environment over population should be their main focus

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well whoever they are their actions will turn people away from the cause. When you stop people earning money to feed their families then what do they expect? They’ve also blocked hospital routes and prevented people visiting loved ones. That’s not on what ever the cause.

And then we have some smug turd with a double barrelled name and no doubt a trust fund trying to justify their actions. As the the celebrities that wrote that letter saying they’re hypocrites, laughable stuff really but at least the drive a Prius.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
The population is predicted to peak around the 10-11bn mark. It's already slowed down in most countries and most of the growth will be in Asia where the birth rate will also level off as the world's pulled out of poverty. Reducing the worlds population sounds a little... genocidle...

Many environmentalists mean well but the anti-capitalists don't seem to realise how privaledged they are, yet you get students complaining about the '1%' that has more than them. Socialism's been tried - didn't end well.

More R&D is the best bet, cleaner energy & technology.

A billion people still take dumps in the street. That's more important to me than plastic straws.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
The population is predicted to peak around the 10-11bn mark. It's already slowed down in most countries and most of the growth will be in Asia where the birth rate will also level off as the world's pulled out of poverty. Reducing the worlds population sounds a little... genocidle...

Many environmentalists mean well but the anti-capitalists don't seem to realise how privaledged they are, yet you get students complaining about the '1%' that has more than them. Socialism's been tried - didn't end well.

A billion people still take dumps in the street. That's more important to me than plastic straws.

When I said reduce the population I meant by birth control not genocide

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

When I said reduce the population I meant by birth control not genocide

Most of Europe and US have too low fertility rates, lower than 2, so population will age there and eventually reduce, most of the population growth will be in developing countries where the carbon footprint is anyway lower. It's the way of life that needs to change, especially in developed countries.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

I agree and believe it or not I am a keen environmentalist and have been decades before it became politically fashionable. I fully support environmental measures and more. However there is more to this extinction rebellion outfit than environment far left anti capitalists form a large element. No surprise comrade emp is onboard

Sir David Attenborough has spoken about the catastrophe of over population and we see this in Britain our green belt is disappearing at an alarming rate and with it our habitats and wildlife. The very air we breathe is becoming dangerous in many urban areas

If extinction rebellion truly care about the environment over population should be their main focus

thats just laughable.. i don't believe it at all.. any chance u get go with the trump line of no such thing..the weather is the weather etc etc..full of it u are

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Its the thing that made america great..the new deal built america ..capitalism been ripping it up ever since...white picket fences, job security , the american dream - all the new deal

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I'd have thought WWII played a bigger role, since most of the competition was in ruins. That's what jolted the economy and created America's boom.

I'm not against democratic socialism, to an extent.. but it has to be built on a capitalist framework. It doesn't have to be a zero sum game. People tell me how evil money is whilst sat fiddling with their i-phones.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I'd have thought WWII played a bigger role, since most of the competition was in ruins. That's what jolted the economy and created America's boom.

I'm not against democratic socialism, to an extent.. but it has to be built on a capitalist framework. It doesn't have to be a zero sum game. People tell me how evil money is whilst sat fiddling with their i-phones.

capitalism is incompatible with democracies, it extols the fortune and favor of private power. Buys that power, secures it and fights to keep the majority away from that power.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP

capitalism is incompatible with democracies, it extols the fortune and favor of private power. Buys that power, secures it and fights to keep the majority away from that power.

And communism does all those things, hiding everything and without elections. Are you saying Cuba is democratic?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Pickles

Funny that because about 20 years ago I told my mate that farting would save the world. Chinese whispers obviously got round somebody looked into it and now cows farting is bad.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M

Last edited by Markhutch1; 19/11/19 11:34 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

The Dims need to start closer to home, eliminating farts!

grin

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
The US National Transportation Administration - under trump - did a scientific report on climate change and emissions. They concluded we should not put emission restrictions on travel .

Why? they predicted a 7 degree increase by the end of the century which they concluded would be the end of the human race.

Its a race to extinction , trump will probably get there first before climate tho..ripping up nuclear arms treaties is just jaw dropping.

Last edited by EMP; 20/11/19 08:54 PM.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion