KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628076 - 07/10/19 08:07 AM 30 games left and the mind games already starting
Metz Offline
Trialist

We sit top of the league after 8 games with a 100% record with 30 games to play, and already the likes of Pep, Neville and Redknapp stating we will win the league

I hope they're right but this league is a marathon not a sprint (pick your favourite analogy) and stating its Liverpool's to loose is a bit premature in my view.

The pressure will come soon enough, but with 30 games to go I wish some of these pundits would keep their thoughts to themselves!

#628078 - 07/10/19 09:46 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
jim_beam Offline
Trialist

Loc: North Wales
I agree that whilst the position we are in certainly isn't doing us any harm and is something we should be excited about nothing is won until it's won.

I don't see any point in making a prediction of winning it after 8 games.

Enjoy the season, see where it takes us and celebrate if we win.

#628080 - 07/10/19 11:00 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Metz
We sit top of the league after 8 games with a 100% record with 30 games to play, and already the likes of Pep, Neville and Redknapp stating we will win the league

I hope they're right but this league is a marathon not a sprint (pick your favourite analogy) and stating its Liverpool's to loose is a bit premature in my view.

The pressure will come soon enough, but with 30 games to go I wish some of these pundits would keep their thoughts to themselves!

No team can win the league after 8 games but you can lose it after 8 games. Question is, has City lost it after losing 2 games in 8, last season I think they lost 4 for the season.

#628084 - 07/10/19 01:43 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

Late November into December and January is the crucial period because we have a far bigger schedule than any other Football team in World Football. We are still in every Competition:- Premier League, Champions League, World Club Football Competition, FA Cup and League Cup. We've already played more games than most teams, to start makingcertain predictions now is folly!

#628096 - 07/10/19 07:41 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
A long way to go, we have done what we needed so far and have made a great start, City have also dropped more points than we could have hoped, so we should enjoy this, but it is not over.

The interesting thing with City is that these are not losses to Wonder goals, like the Palace game last year, teams are smelling blood, they know they have a dodgy defense and lack some creativity without De Bruyne, so we need to press on while they are struggling and hope they drop more points.

January could be an interesting transfer window for us & City...

#628099 - 07/10/19 07:49 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Pickles]
Stanley Park Online   crying
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
My Man City pals reckon they are a different team this year. Whereas they can hammer teams 8 nil and beat anybody they are struggling to win every week as last year. They badly miss kompany even when he was injured he was a big influence. They think that although we might drop points so will they.

I know it's early but this could be ours to lose

#628100 - 07/10/19 08:00 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

It's looking like our task could become even more difficult if we get the promised freezing temps and snow November onwards. We'll have fixture congestion later with loads of games being called off.

One ray of light is that we can probably go to Qatar and have a serious go at winning The World Club Championship.

#628107 - 08/10/19 12:07 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Pickles]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Eire
I reckon chelsea could come into the running

#628109 - 08/10/19 12:24 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: ecnirp98]
*** Suso *** Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: In bed
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
A long way to go, we have done what we needed so far and have made a great start, City have also dropped more points than we could have hoped, so we should enjoy this, but it is not over.

The interesting thing with City is that these are not losses to Wonder goals, like the Palace game last year, teams are smelling blood, they know they have a dodgy defense and lack some creativity without De Bruyne, so we need to press on while they are struggling and hope they drop more points.

most likly we wont be buying anyone

#628110 - 08/10/19 02:34 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Stanley Park]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
My Man City pals reckon they are a different team this year. Whereas they can hammer teams 8 nil and beat anybody they are struggling to win every week as last year. They badly miss kompany even when he was injured he was a big influence. They think that although we might drop points so will they.

I know it's early but this could be ours to lose

The loss of Laporte has really dented their defence and Stones getting injured hasn't helped. In a way it's good that they decided not to compete with United over Maguire, a bit the same like when we decided to let go the VVD deal. We were lucky nobody came in for him for the price asked and ended up paying a few months later.

However, still early days and they will buy in Jan. Fingers crossed we don't lose VVD and Mane mainly.

Edited by EnergisedReds (08/10/19 02:35 AM)

#628125 - 08/10/19 12:31 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
redordead13 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
We have the easier Christmas fixtures for sure. With the club world cup and all the extra fixtures, we might need them. If we can maintain this gap until we play City, and if we beat them, it may break their spirits. Early days, no chickens counted, but Klopp is playing every card just right at the moment.

#628151 - 08/10/19 08:22 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Metz]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

I would put it that we have already played 3 Top 6 teams and won in Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester City.

City have played maybe 1 Top 6 team and drew against Spurs.

Man Utd are not going to make the Top 6 unless they sack Solskjaer now, so as things stand I see Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester as the most likely Top 6 teams.

#628155 - 08/10/19 08:51 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: *** Suso ***]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***

I agree, it will be interesting to see what City do in January, particularly with the CB problems they have, Laporte may still not be back by the end of the January Window and they never replaced Kompany, which is definitely affecting them now. If they do not buy, I can see them continue to struggle defensively, particularly as even when Laporte comes back early next year, it will take him time to get upto speed and he will be vulnerable to injuries, particularly if he is rushed back.

#628160 - 09/10/19 02:02 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

I agree, it will be interesting to see what City do in January, particularly with the CB problems they have, Laporte may still not be back by the end of the January Window and they never replaced Kompany, which is definitely affecting them now. If they do not buy, I can see them continue to struggle defensively, particularly as even when Laporte comes back early next year, it will take him time to get upto speed and he will be vulnerable to injuries, particularly if he is rushed back.

They'll probably go for Koulibaly, players are not CL cup tied anymore. Or maybe not as he will be too expensive

Edited by EnergisedReds (09/10/19 02:03 AM)

#628163 - 09/10/19 08:43 AM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: EnergisedReds]
*** Suso *** Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: In bed
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

They'll probably go for Koulibaly, players are not CL cup tied anymore. Or maybe not as he will be too expensive
his a fantastic CB but im not sure his a pep player. his not got the passing ability for pep

#628169 - 09/10/19 12:31 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: EMP]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By EMP

And Arsenal are getting it together too. However fatigue, both physical and mental, together with consequent injury problems, might prove our biggest nemesis. It's way too early to be seeing the winning post. Let's just take it game by game, for now, please.

#628186 - 09/10/19 04:37 PM Re: 30 games left and the mind games already starting [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By EMP

And Arsenal are getting it together too. However fatigue, both physical and mental, together with consequent injury problems, might prove our biggest nemesis. It's way too early to be seeing the winning post. Let's just take it game by game, for now, please.

And Mane and Firmino travelling to Singapore to face each other in a friendly is not going to help either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Sterling dropped by England after Gomez clash
by The Kop Prophet
2 minutes 25 seconds ago
Andy Robertson injured
by van Gogh
Today at 06:27 PM
Liverpool's best game pre-1990?
by Hercules/AF 58
Today at 05:48 PM
Crystal Palace v Liverpool FC
by Hercules/AF 58
Today at 05:42 PM
Mo Salah aggravated ankle injury
by Hercules/AF 58
Today at 05:35 PM

General Discussion
The real origins of Brexit by Russell Taylor
by Stanley Park
Today at 05:55 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
Who would you vote for in the next UK General Election?
by EnergisedReds
07/11/19 03:24 PM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
01/11/19 08:47 PM
Extinction Rebellion
by EnergisedReds
20/10/19 12:36 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 173
wilkij1975 140
Stanley Park 102