KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Serious question here: "Do you all think the media has been fair and balanced about Brexit and Trump"?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Same as I’d say now. He’s a complete idiot. But then you look at the alternative and can see why he’s ahead in the polls.

Not different to what I said then, though I know British voters won't care. His strategy is simple, he needs the Brexit party voters to vote for him to have a chance of getting a majority, thus a no deal or something as close would is what he is looking for.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Same as I’d say now. He’s a complete idiot. But then you look at the alternative and can see why he’s ahead in the polls.

Not different to what I said then, though I know British voters won't care. His strategy is simple, he needs the Brexit party voters to vote for him to have a chance of getting a majority, thus a no deal or something as close would is what he is looking for.

He’s trying to uphold the referendum result unlike what seems like most of the rest of our politicians and that’s resonating with the public on both sides. We’re all sick of this and want it resolved and he seems to be trying harder than anyone to do that.

You can question his motives and I do but it will win him votes. The uncertainty that any extension or new vote brings is doing damage and it needs to stop.

Pickles #628162 09/10/19 06:41 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Serious question here: "Do you all think the media has been fair and balanced about Brexit and Trump"?

The media are biased towards remain that’s for sure.

I think they’re generally fair about Trump as he’s a proper turd. Some of the rubbish he tweets isn’t fit for the president of the United States or any other nation. Where’s his wall that Mexico we’re going to pay for? Why isn’t Hillary in jail?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I think they’re generally fair about Trump as he’s a proper turd. Some of the rubbish he tweets isn’t fit for the president of the United States or any other nation. Where’s his wall that Mexico we’re going to pay for? Why isn’t Hillary in jail?

There are partisan media who side either on the right or left, so to me they are always biased one way or the other, is the daily Express biased towards, remain for instance? On the contrary from what I read, so i don't think we are talking about them. I think the question is on Sky, BBC and CNN, the few i know who hold a middle line and I personally don't think they are, why would they?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't think the media is as important today as it once was especially newspapers which are dying out. I still buy them but barely read them they are totally out of date including the commentators which are discussing events from 24 hours ago

Don't laugh but I use utube now for all analysis there is great information and it's hours not days old. I am also finding I watch more utube than regular TV such the day will soon come when I bin the BBC with its bias and licence fee.

Just watching utube and Netflix

Incidently utube is fantastic for football as well

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

There are partisan media who side either on the right or left, so to me they are always biased one way or the other, is the daily Express biased towards, remain for instance? On the contrary from what I read, so i don't think we are talking about them. I think the question is on Sky, BBC and CNN, the few i know who hold a middle line and I personally don't think they are, why would they?

I watch BBC news most mornings and would say they’re most definitely biased towards remain. They give any Tory leaver a much harder time than any remainer and give the remain side much more coverage. Not sure why but no doubt the presenters, producers etc. are more for remaining than leaving.

The printed press are a mix as you say but I don’t read any news papers so can’t comment as to who backs what.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I watch BBC news most mornings and would say they’re most definitely biased towards remain. They give any Tory leaver a much harder time than any remainer and give the remain side much more coverage. Not sure why but no doubt the presenters, producers etc. are more for remaining than leaving.

The printed press are a mix as you say but I don’t read any news papers so can’t comment as to who backs what.

Maybe it looks easier to give leavers a hard time as it's the unknown and therefore difficult to explain, while remainers dont have anything to explain as everybody knows the system. The pound has fallen again and yes it's because of uncertainty, but uncertainty that things could change for the worse. Until now the only positive I have heard is that trade with the US might increase, but it's clear it will not be able to replace the EU trade by mere fact of proximity and easier logistics, even provided Trump gives a great deal. Even there the congress would agree only if the Ireland problem is resolved, apparently, trade deals are voted by the congress who are the democrats right now.

I understand that democracy has no price, but I am not sure a majority voted to take a big risk to become poorer. Last but not least, it's the Tory government that couldn't vote their leader's deal and it's not the problem of the opposition as it was not their deal, they were not involved in drafting it, so have the right to vote it down. Everywhere in the world the opposition votes against the government most of the time, it's their job, this is why they are called opposition.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It's not true there is nothing to discuss about remaining in the EU

The EU is undergoing huge change further centralisation an EU army total harmonisation of tax all without votes from the public of course. To say nothing of the massive fiscal and debt problems that threaten to bring the whole thing down

One of the biggest myths is if we stay in the EU things will remain the same

Both BBC and Sky news are heavily Remain and I can't see how anyone can dispute that I pay no attention to either they are not worth watching

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
It's not true there is nothing to discuss about remaining in the EU

The EU is undergoing huge change further centralisation an EU army total harmonisation of tax all without votes from the public of course. To say nothing of the massive fiscal and debt problems that threaten to bring the whole thing down

One of the biggest myths is if we stay in the EU things will remain the same

Both BBC and Sky news are heavily Remain and I can't see how anyone can dispute that I pay no attention to either they are not worth watching

So what do you watch these days, Daily Express I suppose and probably Farage? Anyway, looks to me that anybody questioning Brexit is a traitor for you, am I wrong?

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion