KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#627995 - 05/10/19 07:50 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
paul66 Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
A serious question because I struggle to understand, if Will Hugues' friend (let's say Troy Deeney) twittered a photo likening him to Ken (I think he is Barbie's boyfriend or something), will the friend be punished by the FA for that? I feel this pc correct thing is really going too far because Mendy does look like that cartoon photo and Mendy doesn't seem offended. The only problem is it was public, and he was stupid, otherwise I don't understand the fuss.

I do understand that Pickles wants a weaker City, but that's not what I am talking about

That's the way I see it. But suppose they have to be seen to be doing something as it is in the public eye. I wouldn't condemn the guy for what he done though

#627996 - 05/10/19 07:57 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
A serious question because I struggle to understand, if Will Hugues' friend (let's say Troy Deeney) twittered a photo likening him to Ken (I think he is Barbie's boyfriend or something), will the friend be punished by the FA for that? I feel this pc correct thing is really going too far because Mendy does look like that cartoon photo and Mendy doesn't seem offended. The only problem is it was public, and he was stupid, otherwise I don't understand the fuss.

I do understand that Pickles wants a weaker City, but that's not what I am talking about

I think any public racial stereotyping should be punished. Iím not overly PC by any stretch but if the FA and kick it out are serious they canít pick and choose what they punish. It wasnít like the Suarez or Terry incident so no need to go over the top but it needs sanctioning none the less or anything the FA and kick it out have done is undermined.

#628012 - 05/10/19 02:54 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: wilkij1975]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

I think any public racial stereotyping should be punished. Iím not overly PC by any stretch but if the FA and kick it out are serious they canít pick and choose what they punish. It wasnít like the Suarez or Terry incident so no need to go over the top but it needs sanctioning none the less or anything the FA and kick it out have done is undermined.

I agree, all public racism should be dealt with, its odd that Conguitos choose/are allowed to use the branding, we removed similar characters from Jam Jars years ago.

#628013 - 05/10/19 03:04 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: ecnirp98]
Markhutch1 Online   content
Under 16 Player

Loc: London
The views of John Barnes is that the narrative must change.

He is saying that if action is taken against Silva then its sending out the wrong message.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Mo Salah aggravated ankle injury
by ecnirp98
15/11/19 10:44 PM
City lose appeal against Financial Fair Play investigations
by ecnirp98
15/11/19 10:37 PM
One Game Ban & £50,000 fine for Silva
by lumba
15/11/19 06:42 PM
Sterling dropped by England after Gomez clash
by redordead13
15/11/19 05:22 PM
Alexander Arnold future midfielder ?
by Mr Bojangles
15/11/19 10:06 AM

General Discussion
The real origins of Brexit by Russell Taylor
by EMP
15/11/19 08:32 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
12/11/19 07:22 PM
Who would you vote for in the next UK General Election?
by EnergisedReds
07/11/19 03:24 PM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
01/11/19 08:47 PM
Extinction Rebellion
by EnergisedReds
20/10/19 12:36 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 176
wilkij1975 127
EMP 105