Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
i seen the video he made , disgusting ..mendy clearly gave him a "[oops] u" smile.. he is bullying him about his colour.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
i seen the video he made , disgusting ..mendy clearly gave him a "[oops] u" smile.. he is bullying him about his colour.

I didn't see the video but if Mendy feels offended especially with the video going public, he should report this and I am sure action will be taken. Now if it is a silly mistake out of stupidity, without racist intent (Mendy would know that as his mate) then this should be sorted out between those 2 up to Mendy's satisfaction. I can't see it comparable to the Suarez situation where he did it with intention to offend so as to destabilise Evra.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 28/09/19 04:06 AM.
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By EMP

I didn't see the video but if Mendy feels offended especially with the video going public, he should report this and I am sure action will be taken. Now if it is a silly mistake out of stupidity, without racist intent (Mendy would know that as his mate) then this should be sorted out between those 2 up to Mendy's satisfaction. I can't see it comparable to the Suarez situation where he did it with intention to offend so as to destabilise Evra.

I have also not seen the video. I agree with your above post. It's absolutely nothing like the Suarez situation. Storm in a teacup. Something for opposing fans to winge about to throw stones with.

Last edited by paul66; 28/09/19 06:45 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Shouldn’t matter. The language is the same and the youngsters that look up to these clowns won’t get the context. And what if everyone starts using that language because they’re ‘just having some banter’?

Whatever the context, racial language / imaging was used in the public domain and should be punished. No need to go over the top and may be it’s not the same as Suarez and let’s not forget, John Terry, but needs sanctioning.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Totally agree with you there Wilks!

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Hmm...Evra was on video in a documentary for Canal+ calling Hasselbaink and Lampard Mother F***ing N***ers on Monaco's way to The CL Final in 2004. Comfortable using racist language himself towards opponents, Evra then came to UK to play for Utd then we had the Suarez incident in 2011.

Suarez has since claimed his ban for racism is a "stain" on his character that will probably never go away. But in his autobiography, Suarez said his use of the word "negro" had been misunderstood and Liverpool and his representatives had handled the case badly.

"Did I use the Spanish word 'negro' in an argument that took place, in Spanish, with Patrice Evra on 15 October 2011 in a game between Liverpool and Manchester United?" "Yes. Is the word 'negro' the same in Spanish as it is in English? No, absolutely not. Am I a racist? No, absolutely not.

"I was horrified when I first realised that is what I was being accused of. And I'm still sad and angry to think that this is a stain on my character that will probably be there forever."

Suarez said that once Liverpool had received a formal letter on the incident from the Football Association: "I don't really think we knew the best way to go about dealing with it."

He added: "The lawyers took control of the case. They told me throughout the hearing: 'Don't worry, you answered the questions well and things are being said that go in your favour'. They said that it would be two or three games if any, as if the number of games rather than clearing my name was the most important thing.

"Looking at it now with a cooler head, I don't think we handled it well. We were not able to put across that this word was used in Spanish and that it has nothing to do with the 'negro' word as it is pronounced and used in English; that fact never really got grasped by anyone at the hearing. All that people saw was: 'Suárez said negro'."

The FA disciplinary commission found that Suarez used the word "negro" seven times, at one point saying: "I don't speak to blacks".

The defence he now says is similar to those made by Liverpool and their then manager, Kenny Dalglish, and which were widely condemned by anti-racism campaigners.

All roads on the racism leads to Monaco...Evra a former player, Silva and Mendy also former players. However the one over riding factor here that was used in Suarez's defence and now Silva's defence is being misunderstood because of cultural language difference!

Pressure is being exerted here within Man City because it's 2 of their own players involved...would the tone and interpretation be the same had it been 2 rival players from different rival clubs as was the case for Evra/Suarez?

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
The same racial tone is used at a time now where racism is even more frowned upon. There should be "NO" exceptions on the subject even if they are team mates, this was put into the public domain of twitter and instagram and Silva has been pressured by Man City to write a letter to The FA explaining he is sorry, after originally removing his post and then posting straight afterwards "You can't have a joke amongst friends"! That is a sign that he thinks it's ok still, probably after folks gave him hell for the original post on twitter.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The thing here is that you can’t have one rule for one and another for someone else. The context is irrelevant. If we want to ‘kick it out’ that’s how it has to be.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
No grey areas...No exceptions...it has to be consistent across the board.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By lumba
I love a chocolate coated peanut.
Originally Posted By lumba
I also love a chocolate coated raisin.

That post is nuts lumba, and there's no raisin for it, so hold out your hand, punishment shall be rendered.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion