KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
He’s been charged by the FA and rightly so if they’re serious about stamping this out. Just because it was ‘banter’ makes no difference.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Indeed.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
It's not just Silva that needs extra cultural training, but the whole of Man City FC, the way they've all tried to explain it as a joke amongst friends. When supposed role models post on social media like that, they are being followed by millions of fans with a large proportion of them being kids.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
It's not just Silva that needs extra cultural training, but the whole of Man City FC, the way they've all tried to explain it as a joke amongst friends. When supposed role models post on social media like that, they are being followed by millions of fans with a large proportion of them being kids.

Did you think likewise when the LFC players wore the shirt in support of Suarez?

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Ah, had almost managed to forget about that.

Has to be up there amongst the top 3 most bizarre and embarassing moments of my life as a Liverpool supporter.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
You are right.

It was embarassing how Suarez got a lengthy ban whilst John Terrys comment to Rio Ferdinand was completely overlooked.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Did you think likewise when the LFC players wore the shirt in support of Suarez?

It was unprecedented the Suarez / Evra incident and the circus that ensued. I see no vilifying of City or Silva by the FA, MSM, Pundits or rival fans over this, the way Suarez was treated.
Surely this should set the standard? Where's the 3 partisan hand picked judiciary panel? where's the cultural appropriation inquisition, social media experts? I see none of this in this instance and let's not forget all they had to go on for Suarez's incident was Evra's testimony. Silva's was put out there for the world to see on social media.

We either punish racism or we don't...The FA set the rules when they went after Suarez and punished him, so no matter which way Silva's blatant racism is manipulated by him and City, it's still racism and he should be punished accordingly.

Kick It Out...Stamp It Out...we have to be consistent on racism.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

It was unprecedented the Suarez / Evra incident and the circus that ensued. I see no vilifying of City or Silva by the FA, MSM, Pundits or rival fans over this, the way Suarez was treated.
Surely this should set the standard? Where's the 3 partisan hand picked judiciary panel? where's the cultural appropriation inquisition, social media experts? I see none of this in this instance and let's not forget all they had to go on for Suarez's incident was Evra's testimony. Silva's was put out there for the world to see on social media.

We either punish racism or we don't...The FA set the rules when they went after Suarez and punished him, so no matter which way Silva's blatant racism is manipulated by him and City, it's still racism and he should be punished accordingly.

Kick It Out...Stamp It Out...we have to be consistent on racism.

You didn't answer, did you think likewise when the whole LFC team wore their t shirts in support of Suarez, ie, they whole lot had to be punished? They didn't get any punishment did they?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
A serious question because I struggle to understand, if Will Hugues' friend (let's say Troy Deeney) twittered a photo likening him to Ken (I think he is Barbie's boyfriend or something), will the friend be punished by the FA for that? I feel this pc correct thing is really going too far because Mendy does look like that cartoon photo and Mendy doesn't seem offended. The only problem is it was public, and he was stupid, otherwise I don't understand the fuss.

I do understand that Pickles wants a weaker City, but that's not what I am talking about

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 05/10/19 04:19 AM.
M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Pickles wanted the whole team to get banned after they supported Suarez.

Including Kenny who wore the t shirt as well.

Another shill pretending to support Liverpool.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion