Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#627965 04/10/19 05:29 PM
H
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
H
This could be a cracker, with goals galore, I feel. The foxes are in great form and seem to have replaced Maguire with no loss of defence. Very attacking side. Am a bit concerned given the recent displays. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 04/10/19 05:30 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yeah i'm concerned too Herc,could be a 7 goal thriller..again.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
We've been lucky with the last few games. As you said Herc they're a team in form, but we're at home(though that didn't seem to matter during the week). Hopefully lesson learned and a decent display could see us back on track.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The Salzburg game was a wake up call, they should be fully focused for this game, Klopp will make sure they are.

Alisson fully trained this week and could start after Adrian conceded 3 goals v Salzburg. I do expect Matip to be back alongside VVD and I can see Klopp opting for Milner over Hendo in the middle alongside Fabinho and Gini, the rest should be as you were.

We need to start fast and not let Leicester get a foothold in the game. A clean sheet and any sort of win would be nice. I'd take 1 nil because Leicester are a dangerous opponent who can spar with the best in the league.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
The Salzburg game was a wake up call, they should be fully focused for this game, Klopp will make sure they are.

Alisson fully trained this week and could start after Adrian conceded 3 goals v Salzburg. I do expect Matip to be back alongside VVD and I can see Klopp opting for Milner over Hendo in the middle alongside Fabinho and Gini, the rest should be as you were.

We need to start fast and not let Leicester get a foothold in the game. A clean sheet and any sort of win would be nice. I'd take 1 nil because Leicester are a dangerous opponent who can spar with the best in the league.

Yeah, the Salzburg game was a good wake up call, Klopp can use that to give them a rocket and prepare them for this game, I think Alisson might be back for this, it's a big game and Adrian has just conceded 3 (not all his fault), so it's not a bad time to take him out the team.

Will be a close game, 3-2 win for us.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
This could be a cracker, with goals galore, I feel. The foxes are in great form and seem to have replaced Maguire with no loss of defence. Very attacking side. Am a bit concerned given the recent displays. What do you guys think?

I am concerned of our fitness level after having played full swing on Wednesday, only positive is that it's a home game. I am not sure why we were so open in defence against Salzburg though I think Gomez returning after a long time might have something to do with it. And yes, Brendan has been doing well, he has matured and looks to have a more balanced approach, though the attacking football is still there. We are playing at home and expect to win, but we haven't been playing great lately.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I thought our midfield was poor at closing down the gaps in front of our defence against Salzburg. Fab did his usual stuff, but the other 2 were non existent in that department.

Klopp said something about us not being on the same wave length during the game. Some players wanted to sit deep and defend a 3-0 lead (our defenders and Fab), while others (Hendo and Wij) were chasing around to try and get the ball back high up the pitch. Hence the wide gaps perhaps?

Maybe time for Milner to start this one now.

Matip will probably be out today too. Hope Gomez can step it up, because he seemed rusty - not so strange, but anyway.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Plus Vardy enjoys scoring against us.

H
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
H
Yeah some good insightful analysis there folks, if we can keep it tight at the back while bossing things in midfield I'd be reasonably confident of our attack knocking in a couple. Much will depend on who wins the midfield battle, as good service to either their or our front players will likely provide goals. I can't see the foxes playing it narrow down the middle to allow Trent and Robertson have a field day on the flanks, as per our midweek duel. I'm looking forward to this one...nervously!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i got to say im more worried about this game then the utd game coming up. they are on good form and will make life very hard

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion