KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well according to Sterling it’s just two mates having a laugh. So the face of anti-racism has spoken. I wonder if he’d come to the same conclusion if they weren’t team mates? One rule for one and one for another.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
'City haven't done enough as a club'

In response to Guardiola's latest comments, former Everton striker Victor Anichebe told Sky Sports: "I don't think he's handled this well. You can't just keep telling us that it's a joke between friends.

"It shouldn't be a joke in the first place. You're not supposed to post this in public. Once you do that, it makes others feel they have the right to make the same jokes.

"It's just not right what he's saying, and I don't feel they've done enough as a club to really address it".

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...ndy-controversy

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well according to Sterling it’s just two mates having a laugh. So the face of anti-racism has spoken. I wonder if he’d come to the same conclusion if they weren’t team mates? One rule for one and one for another.

Yeah, his attitude stinks abit being team mates, its a shame, as he's raised some pretty good points in the past about journalism on race.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Yeah, his attitude stinks abit being team mates, its a shame, as he's raised some pretty good points in the past about journalism on race.

Don't think it's the same, context is important. One mate having a banter on the other is not the same as somebody racially abusing somebody else, the only issue is that it was done on social media therefore went public.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Of course context matters. If it doesn’t people can use that argument against using that language. “I’m not racist I was just having a laugh”

If we truly want to kick it out and Sterling cares as much as he’d have us believe, ALL kinds of this language, visuals or whatever it be needs to stop, ‘banter’ or not.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 30/09/19 06:37 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Of course context matters. If it doesn’t people can use that argument against using that language. “I’m not racist I was just having a laugh”

If we truly want to kick it out and Sterling cares as much as he’d have us believe, ALL kinds of this language, visuals or whatever it be needs to stop, ‘banter’ or not.

Can't see any issue as long as Mendy doesn't feel offended, the only issue is that it went public. I am sure he will or has been reprimanded, but it cannot and will not be the same as Suarez who did it to offend/destabilise

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Are you criticizing a Liverpool legend who nearly all fans think he was

unjustly treated?

Last edited by Markhutch1; 30/09/19 10:29 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Markhutch1
Are you criticizing a Liverpool legend who nearly all fans think he was

unjustly treated?

No I'm not, just saying that it was not the same context

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
So context does matter then?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
So context does matter then?

Always

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion