Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I did not see the game, but regarding Kieta I heard he was OK. Kieta will get time that is one thing Klopp gives all his players. He won't be sold anytime soon IMHO. Why? because we have been tracking him for years. I read an article from our scouts/ data analytics team about him. And they said that his performances for us have been on a similar level to Lepzip. The only thing that is missing is a few goals which would help.

Kieta is very direct and although he seems to give the ball away at times. He is far more effective than most players when he has the ball. He creates more attacks and more scoring opportunities.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
I did not see the game, but regarding Kieta I heard he was OK. Kieta will get time that is one thing Klopp gives all his players. He won't be sold anytime soon IMHO. Why? because we have been tracking him for years. I read an article from our scouts/ data analytics team about him. And they said that his performances for us have been on a similar level to Lepzip. The only thing that is missing is a few goals which would help.

Kieta is very direct and although he seems to give the ball away at times. He is far more effective than most players when he has the ball. He creates more attacks and more scoring opportunities.

Keita was ok considering he has been out since May. That said, don't think he has shown what he is supposed to be capable of, I think he was branded a more attacking Kante, he hasn't been anywhere near.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I thought they did ok, as a team thrown together who probably haven't played much together.

Elliot looked very good, if he keeps developing as he has, he will be a top player, Jones had a good game, Keita looked better and should be close to PL team soon, Ox and Lallana were well off the pace which is a worry.

Brewster didn't do much, but he got in a few good positions, I think he will improve with better players creating chances, but it's a worry if we need to rely on him if we loose one of teh front 3 regulars.

If Arsenal play a few PL starters, we will be out next round, will be interesting to see what Klopp does.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I thought they did ok, as a team thrown together who probably haven't played much together.

Elliot looked very good, if he keeps developing as he has, he will be a top player, Jones had a good game, Keita looked better and should be close to PL team soon, Ox and Lallana were well off the pace which is a worry.

Brewster didn't do much, but he got in a few good positions, I think he will improve with better players creating chances, but it's a worry if we need to rely on him if we loose one of teh front 3 regulars.

If Arsenal play a few PL starters, we will be out next round, will be interesting to see what Klopp does.

Can't see Klopp fielding his first team as it was the case before, but probably Arsenal will do the same. All the top 6 teams would do the same except that City almost have 2 1st teams without counting defence

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
we play spurs on the sunday and arsenal tuesday..be a whole new starting line up

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Lovren had a couple of brain-fart moments but recovered to have a reasonable, especially in the second half when he made some key blocks and a goal line clearance. Truth be told - Lovren probably had a better game than Gomez, despite those two gaffes. Also, to be fair to Brewster, he did have a better second half after being anonymous for the first. He seemed to lack movement - and I don't remember him holding the ball up once and bringing team-mates into play. A striker his size has to be able to do that. Jones had a good game, moves and anticipates well, but I think the criticism about his finishing and final third decision-making is fair. He looks like a good player but I don't think he's better than Kent or Wilson or Aquilani, so he will probably be sold at some point. Elliot was excellent but needs to work on his shooting with his weaker foot - he could have had a hat-trick last night. Ox was disappointing but also brightened toward the end when he must have realised that he was missing a big chance to make an impression. He just looks indecisive to me. I wouldn't put too much into Keita's performance - he actually looked better than Ox during the first half but just seems to lack fitness and match sharpness. I also sense that he is mentally shackled as he just doesn't maraud like he used to at Leipzig. His game has become more hesitant and conservative - perhaps it's the position he's asked to play. As for Lallana, he didn't become a terrible player overnight - but a holding #6 he is not. His play is not incisive enough and he gave the ball away an awful lot. If we can't find a proper place for him in the squad then we should move him on - he's just not going to dislodge Fabinho based on last night's evidence. He's too slight and just doesn't command the midfield at all.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
I think with Keita he was playing it largely safe. Picked the easy pass quite often. Kept and recycled possession. Probably playing cautiously because he has never played with most of these players before and he's missed quite a bit of football and his taking his time to get up to speed. No need to rush things and get himself injured again.

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
All things considered it was decent performance. There were some very nervous debuts I think, Milner was a captain (great game)and I agree Keita was playing it safe. Good to see Kelleher get a start, big things for him I think.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well we might get kicked out according to the bbc. Seems that Chiravella May have been ineligible.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Sounds like someone messed up, we signed him in 2016, so not sure how he wasn't registered correctly?

I'd be surprised if we got kicked out, more likely we will get a fine.

I started a thread on this before I read your post.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion