Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
LIVERPOOL: Kelleher, Hoever, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Jones, Elliott, Brewster.

SUBS: Lonergan, Lewis, Kane, Chirivella, Van den Berg, Longstaff, Clarkson.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Poor performance. That team will get punished by decent opposition if they play like that again.

Kelleher did well, Hoever was disappoiting, Gomez ok, Lovren awful - fell over and let them in on goal twice, Ox underwhelming, Lallana poor, Keita lacking fitness or sharpness, Brewster non-existent - completely fluffed his chance, Jones good movement, Elliot promising, and Jimmy Milner the best player on the pitch and the only reason we won.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Didn't see it so not in a position to comment. We had 80% possession so obviously we bossed it, as one would expect. Whatever about the performance, it was a timely runout for squad and fringe players so that at least is something positive.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Poor performance. That team will get punished by decent opposition if they play like that again.

Kelleher did well, Hoever was disappoiting, Gomez ok, Lovren awful - fell over and let them in on goal twice, Ox underwhelming, Lallana poor, Keita lacking fitness or sharpness, Brewster non-existent - completely fluffed his chance, Jones good movement, Elliot promising, and Jimmy Milner the best player on the pitch and the only reason we won.

Fair assessment. Bad luck for Elliot with the woodwork.
Good runout for the players though. Gives Klopp further insight on the depth of the squad. The senior players hopefully will also pull up their socks if they want to put pressure on the 1st eleven.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

Just confirmed how poor our bench is and especially disappointed with Brewster who is supposed to be the back up of our thin forward line. Let's hope that our first team stay fit for the whole season

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Elliot missed a golden chance and should have scored but his second chance was great play by him and unlucky not to score with his right foot.
Most of these young boys won´t make it at Liverpool level but what was shocking to me is the older players, except Milner.

What must Ox and Lallana be thinking when they watch this game at home.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
Elliot missed a golden chance and should have scored but his second chance was great play by him and unlucky not to score with his right foot.
Most of these young boys won´t make it at Liverpool level but what was shocking to me is the older players, except Milner.

What must Ox and Lallana be thinking when they watch this game at home.

Looks like Ox is struggling to get to his best level, it's always uncertain after such a bad injury, hopefully he'll get there rather sooner than later. When I recall that some were expecting him to help us win the title at the end of last season, makes me wonder. Regarding Lallana, never understood what Klopp saw incredible in him

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 26/09/19 07:59 AM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Seems to me that we have a lot of technical fringe players that look good in training but are not able to convert it over to the serious stuff on the pitch when they are given the chance.

Curtis Jones you can see he has talent but suffers with his confidence may be an age thing.

Hoever again much like Jones, but took his goal well.

Lovren was a mess last night kept getting overrun against much lower class league players. He needs to be given his wish and transferred out in January, but we do need a replacement that is experienced and not rely on the kids who are short on confidence in that position.

Gomez we know is a great CB and he's unlucky that Matip has formed a great partnership with VVD. His future is at CB and he is an able deputy when needed to come in and cover for VVD or Matip.

Ox looks like the injuries have blunted his end product. Still neat and tidy play but lacking killer instinct. Maybe it's time to look at a different position for him centrally, rather than on the wings or in the advanced roles of Bobby, Mane or Salah?

Brewster is a square peg for a round hole in this squad and what Klopp's tactics are. Brewster is much like Sturridge in that he wanted the ball to feet and we can't carry passengers like that.
Brewster needs to evolve and learn to chase for the ball and to find space when we are on the attack. He is overrated in my assumption and unless he evolves soon he needs to be shipped out.

Keita I am now starting to get concerned about. Is the English game too physical for him? Last night was the chance for him to boss the game and make his tricky intricate dribbling and runs. We seen very little of him even if he's just coming back from injury.

Kelleher was good, he made a couple of great saves and learning from Alisson will stand us in good stead.

Milner, what can I say...he is the ultimate pro, he was the glue for everything we did last night. Still defying his age and he will be a huge loss when he finally hangs his boots up.

Elliot, I am really, really impressed with this kid. Just turned 16 and has the confidence of a lion. He should be fast tracked to the our 1st team because he won't look out of place in it. I'd be happy for him to be an option from our bench to replace Mane or Salah when they need a rest. Unlucky not to become our youngest ever scorer last night.

Kane, Van De Bergh and Chivrella didn't get much time for me to give an honest opinion.

All in all good result last night, however if we play the same set of players v Arsenal in the next round we will get beat.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I missed out Lallana but he is past his sell by date and needs to be sold. He should never make our bench again he is wasting the opportunity for somebody else to make an honest contribution to the team. It has to be down to the English contingent needed for the squad, that he is in there. Again I feel he is a player that probably looks good in training technically but throw him in to the real stuff and he hides and treats the ball like a hot potato.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Seen a couple of people give Lovren a special mention. This is a monkey I've wanted to get off my back for a while. He is by far the worst ever defender I have seen playing for Liverpool. He made MK dons look like world beaters, can't keep his balance, dives in at every opportunity only to give away penalties or to fall on his arse and leave a massive gap to play into. I don't understand how he is even a professional footballer let alone playing for Liverpool. I would feel safer with an academy player as backup. I have no love for this player whatsoever.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion