KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Again we don't know what's in the contract...I was highlighting so called ambiguity you eluded to regarding FSG and contracts because they sure as hell mucked up the Coutinho add ons, so who is to say they haven't mucked up their shirt sponsorship deal?

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
How did they muck up the coutinho add ons? Were they to foresee that a player who has played so well for us, that barca were willing to pay such a high amount for, was going to get loaned out after his first season?

Also, its a pretty big jump in assumption that because you didnt like how we dealt with a transfer that you're suddenly not going to like how we deal with a kit sponsorship. Two completely different things, likely overseen by completely different people from different divisions within the club.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I guess it's wait and see what happens. If there is so much ambiguity on shirt sponsorship contracts, then this could drag on to the point FSG may have no option but to accept NB's proposal for fear of losing money. Having it drag on past the date of the contract start. We are after all only 3 and a bit months away from the new deal starting.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Another interesting point is that Klopp apparently has a personal contract deal with NB, regarding trainers.

Would be interesting to see him in Nike clothes and NB trainers on the touch line.

How would LFC/NB/Nike be able to solve that issue?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Another interesting point is that Klopp apparently has a personal contract deal with NB, regarding trainers.

Would be interesting to see him in Nike clothes and NB trainers on the touch line.

How would LFC/NB/Nike be able to solve that issue?

Don't think that would be an issue, players wear different branded boots all the time.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I think Nike would be p*ssed if everytime Klopp bounces onto the pitch or strolls up to a camera in New Balance trainers!

If you were New Balance and Nike get preference for the shirt deal then you'd be making bright fluorescent, flashing trainers for Klopp...lol

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
I think Nike would be p*ssed if everytime Klopp bounces onto the pitch or strolls up to a camera in New Balance trainers!

If you were New Balance and Nike get preference for the shirt deal then you'd be making bright fluorescent, flashing trainers for Klopp...lol

As I said, nothing new, players choose the brand of their boots, same with managers.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
And as predicted by myself, the case was dismissed in favour of LFC on the grounds that New Balance could not meet the distribution that Nike offers, therefore did not match the Deal. Unlucky Pickles. Looks like you were talking absolute shyte....again. Better luck next time.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ghostgoal
And as predicted by myself, the case was dismissed in favour of LFC on the grounds that New Balance could not meet the distribution that Nike offers, therefore did not match the Deal. Unlucky Pickles. Looks like you were talking absolute shyte....again. Better luck next time.

NB apparently low balled it though, I understand they were paying 45m a year but decided to match Nike's 30m bid. Nike also have a clause regarding CL that the lawyer didn't seem to know, weird if true.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By ghostgoal

Well done ghostgoal you win a trophy!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion