KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#627622 - 24/09/19 06:11 PM Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

The Football Association has written to Manchester City to ask the club for its response to a tweet sent by midfielder Bernardo Silva.

Silva compared City team-mate Benjamin Mendy to the character on the packet of Conguitos - a sweet brand available in Spain and Portugal.

The anti-discrimination charity Kick It Out had earlier called on the FA to act after the governing body confirmed it was investigating.

Manchester City declined to comment.

"We are extremely disappointed to see the tweet posted by Bernardo Silva," said the anti-discrimination body.

The post was published at 12:44 BST on Sunday but was deleted at 13:30.

Bernardo then tweeted: "Can't even joke with a friend these days."

France defender Mendy and Silva are close friends and played together at Monaco before both joined City in 2017.

Mendy responded to the tweet and did not appear to take offence. A previous video of Silva joking with Mendy has also been passed on to the FA.

A Kick It Out statement added: "Racist stereotypes are never acceptable as 'banter', and we're shocked that someone who is a role model to millions has failed to understand the discriminatory nature of his post.

"The FA has been notified and we believe that retrospective action should be taken, including mandatory education - which is vital to challenge offensive behaviour such as this."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49788633

#627623 - 24/09/19 06:14 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

So we should expect to see a no less than 8 match ban and mandatory education on racist stereotypes? Possibly more "if" the video also shows racist stereotyping by Mendy!

#627633 - 24/09/19 06:40 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Pickles
So we should expect to see a no less than 8 match ban and mandatory education on racist stereotypes? Possibly more "if" the video also shows racist stereotyping by Mendy!

I mean this is nonsense, if Mendy is not offended I don't understand the problem

#627635 - 24/09/19 06:44 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Destination unknown
I love a chocolate coated peanut.

#627636 - 24/09/19 06:46 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

It was in the public domain, had this been them in a closed room bantering with one another and somebody overheard them from outside then i can understand two friends joking and that their joke was not intended to be heard.

This was on twitter and instagram, this should be treated with the same ferocity that the Suarez / Evra incident was, which had much less evidence!

#627640 - 24/09/19 07:07 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

The post was published at 12:44 BST on Sunday but was deleted at 13:30.

Bernardo then tweeted: "Can't even joke with a friend these days."

Silva doubled down on his actions with his reply after deleting the tweet!

He obviously feels comfortable using racist stereotypes in the public domain and in the current era of racism in football and the hotbed of social media frenzy, he should have the book thrown at him (figuratively speaking).

Will Sterling come out and have a strop about this because he's been an advocate about racism in football recently?

#627642 - 24/09/19 07:12 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

I also love a chocolate coated raisin.

#627643 - 24/09/19 07:12 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
ghostgoal Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Merseyside
Somebody has been smashing the revels

#627645 - 24/09/19 07:15 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

Had to give up the revels,too many of those sneaky toffee bastarddds.

Edited by lumba (24/09/19 07:16 PM)

#627646 - 24/09/19 07:17 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
ghostgoal Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Merseyside
Got tired of living dangerously and settled into the malteser life. Thats when you know you're getting old.

#627647 - 24/09/19 07:18 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

Our teeth can't take any of that toffee shitt anymore.

#627648 - 24/09/19 07:22 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

Imagine trying to eat a Curly Wurly now ? ...No chance...loved a Curly Wurly.

#627650 - 24/09/19 07:27 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

I'm surprised FSG haven't tried trademarking a Double Decker...after all we used a few for our CL victory tour of the City!

#627662 - 25/09/19 02:37 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

It was in the public domain, had this been them in a closed room bantering with one another and somebody overheard them from outside then i can understand two friends joking and that their joke was not intended to be heard.

This was on twitter and instagram, this should be treated with the same ferocity that the Suarez / Evra incident was, which had much less evidence!

No way except if Mendy is offended and says so, otherwise, it's a non event. How can it be treated as the Suarez Evra incident?

#627732 - 26/09/19 12:19 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Eire
reminds me of Woods/Garcia a bit...iberians are fairly rascist even if they can't see it in themselves.. would u tell ur black mate he looked like that?

#627733 - 26/09/19 12:37 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EMP]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By EMP
reminds me of Woods/Garcia a bit...iberians are fairly rascist even if they can't see it in themselves.. would u tell ur black mate he looked like that?

It depends on the relationship I have, but yes, it could be if I know he would understand the banter and will not be offended.

#627735 - 26/09/19 12:44 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Seems the players are happy between themselves, problem is they broadcast it on a public network, so I guess the FA have got to be seen to act, what if a member of the public posted a picture of Mendy comparing him to that ad picture? that would be seen as racism.

The problem is this opens a big hole, dependant on intent/context etc, while players are on Social media there will be problems like this.

#627741 - 26/09/19 02:00 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By EMP

It depends on the relationship I have, but yes, it could be if I know he would understand the banter and will not be offended.

I wouldn't.

#627788 - 27/09/19 07:56 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

People did see Silva's post hence why it was forwarded to the FA. The FA are also looking into a video that has surfaced about same said banter.

I see an awful lot of hypocrisy in this from Man City when you've got the likes of Sterling put on a pedestal because he's spoken out about racism in football and yet blatant racism he must witness in his dressing room all the time between Silva on Mendy, he's gone mute on? I agree the Spanish speaking players tend to use a lot of the racist banter but they must be taught about the culture over here being different and how it's frowned upon? Suarez got done over racist banter, went through a witchhunt because of it. There's not much difference in my eyes, other than more proof in this scenario. The FA should throw the book at Silva and give Man City football club a dressing down for breeding this culture.

#627789 - 27/09/19 08:03 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
People did see Silva's post hence why it was forwarded to the FA. The FA are also looking into a video that has surfaced about same said banter.

I see an awful lot of hypocrisy in this from Man City when you've got the likes of Sterling put on a pedestal because he's spoken out about racism in football and yet blatant racism he must witness in his dressing room all the time between Silva on Mendy, he's gone mute on? I agree the Spanish speaking players tend to use a lot of the racist banter but they must be taught about the culture over here being different and how it's frowned upon? Suarez got done over racist banter, went through a witchhunt because of it. There's not much difference in my eyes, other than more proof in this scenario. The FA should throw the book at Silva and give Man City football club a dressing down for breeding this culture.

Agree with this. But nothing will happen as it’s City.

#627794 - 28/09/19 01:08 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

i seen the video he made , disgusting ..mendy clearly gave him a "[oops] u" smile.. he is bullying him about his colour.

#627797 - 28/09/19 04:05 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EMP]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By EMP
i seen the video he made , disgusting ..mendy clearly gave him a "[oops] u" smile.. he is bullying him about his colour.

I didn't see the video but if Mendy feels offended especially with the video going public, he should report this and I am sure action will be taken. Now if it is a silly mistake out of stupidity, without racist intent (Mendy would know that as his mate) then this should be sorted out between those 2 up to Mendy's satisfaction. I can't see it comparable to the Suarez situation where he did it with intention to offend so as to destabilise Evra.

Edited by EnergisedReds (28/09/19 04:06 AM)

#627798 - 28/09/19 06:44 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
paul66 Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EMP

I didn't see the video but if Mendy feels offended especially with the video going public, he should report this and I am sure action will be taken. Now if it is a silly mistake out of stupidity, without racist intent (Mendy would know that as his mate) then this should be sorted out between those 2 up to Mendy's satisfaction. I can't see it comparable to the Suarez situation where he did it with intention to offend so as to destabilise Evra.

I have also not seen the video. I agree with your above post. It's absolutely nothing like the Suarez situation. Storm in a teacup. Something for opposing fans to winge about to throw stones with.

Edited by paul66 (28/09/19 06:45 AM)

#627799 - 28/09/19 06:59 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Shouldn’t matter. The language is the same and the youngsters that look up to these clowns won’t get the context. And what if everyone starts using that language because they’re ‘just having some banter’?

Whatever the context, racial language / imaging was used in the public domain and should be punished. No need to go over the top and may be it’s not the same as Suarez and let’s not forget, John Terry, but needs sanctioning.

#627800 - 28/09/19 07:25 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
Totally agree with you there Wilks!

#627801 - 28/09/19 09:04 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

Hmm...Evra was on video in a documentary for Canal+ calling Hasselbaink and Lampard Mother F***ing N***ers on Monaco's way to The CL Final in 2004. Comfortable using racist language himself towards opponents, Evra then came to UK to play for Utd then we had the Suarez incident in 2011.

Suarez has since claimed his ban for racism is a "stain" on his character that will probably never go away. But in his autobiography, Suarez said his use of the word "negro" had been misunderstood and Liverpool and his representatives had handled the case badly.

"Did I use the Spanish word 'negro' in an argument that took place, in Spanish, with Patrice Evra on 15 October 2011 in a game between Liverpool and Manchester United?" "Yes. Is the word 'negro' the same in Spanish as it is in English? No, absolutely not. Am I a racist? No, absolutely not.

"I was horrified when I first realised that is what I was being accused of. And I'm still sad and angry to think that this is a stain on my character that will probably be there forever."

Suarez said that once Liverpool had received a formal letter on the incident from the Football Association: "I don't really think we knew the best way to go about dealing with it."

He added: "The lawyers took control of the case. They told me throughout the hearing: 'Don't worry, you answered the questions well and things are being said that go in your favour'. They said that it would be two or three games if any, as if the number of games rather than clearing my name was the most important thing.

"Looking at it now with a cooler head, I don't think we handled it well. We were not able to put across that this word was used in Spanish and that it has nothing to do with the 'negro' word as it is pronounced and used in English; that fact never really got grasped by anyone at the hearing. All that people saw was: 'Suárez said negro'."

The FA disciplinary commission found that Suarez used the word "negro" seven times, at one point saying: "I don't speak to blacks".

The defence he now says is similar to those made by Liverpool and their then manager, Kenny Dalglish, and which were widely condemned by anti-racism campaigners.

All roads on the racism leads to Monaco...Evra a former player, Silva and Mendy also former players. However the one over riding factor here that was used in Suarez's defence and now Silva's defence is being misunderstood because of cultural language difference!

Pressure is being exerted here within Man City because it's 2 of their own players involved...would the tone and interpretation be the same had it been 2 rival players from different rival clubs as was the case for Evra/Suarez?

#627802 - 28/09/19 09:12 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

The same racial tone is used at a time now where racism is even more frowned upon. There should be "NO" exceptions on the subject even if they are team mates, this was put into the public domain of twitter and instagram and Silva has been pressured by Man City to write a letter to The FA explaining he is sorry, after originally removing his post and then posting straight afterwards "You can't have a joke amongst friends"! That is a sign that he thinks it's ok still, probably after folks gave him hell for the original post on twitter.

#627803 - 28/09/19 09:17 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

The thing here is that you can’t have one rule for one and another for someone else. The context is irrelevant. If we want to ‘kick it out’ that’s how it has to be.

#627804 - 28/09/19 09:23 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

No grey areas...No exceptions...it has to be consistent across the board.

#627805 - 28/09/19 09:42 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: lumba]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By lumba
I love a chocolate coated peanut.
Originally Posted By lumba
I also love a chocolate coated raisin.

That post is nuts lumba, and there's no raisin for it, so hold out your hand, punishment shall be rendered.

#627829 - 29/09/19 08:11 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Well according to Sterling it’s just two mates having a laugh. So the face of anti-racism has spoken. I wonder if he’d come to the same conclusion if they weren’t team mates? One rule for one and one for another.

#627830 - 29/09/19 10:11 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

'City haven't done enough as a club'

In response to Guardiola's latest comments, former Everton striker Victor Anichebe told Sky Sports: "I don't think he's handled this well. You can't just keep telling us that it's a joke between friends.

"It shouldn't be a joke in the first place. You're not supposed to post this in public. Once you do that, it makes others feel they have the right to make the same jokes.

"It's just not right what he's saying, and I don't feel they've done enough as a club to really address it".

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...ndy-controversy

#627844 - 29/09/19 09:14 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: wilkij1975]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well according to Sterling it’s just two mates having a laugh. So the face of anti-racism has spoken. I wonder if he’d come to the same conclusion if they weren’t team mates? One rule for one and one for another.

Yeah, his attitude stinks abit being team mates, its a shame, as he's raised some pretty good points in the past about journalism on race.

#627846 - 30/09/19 02:17 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Yeah, his attitude stinks abit being team mates, its a shame, as he's raised some pretty good points in the past about journalism on race.

Don't think it's the same, context is important. One mate having a banter on the other is not the same as somebody racially abusing somebody else, the only issue is that it was done on social media therefore went public.

#627848 - 30/09/19 06:35 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Of course context matters. If it doesn’t people can use that argument against using that language. “I’m not racist I was just having a laugh”

If we truly want to kick it out and Sterling cares as much as he’d have us believe, ALL kinds of this language, visuals or whatever it be needs to stop, ‘banter’ or not.

Edited by wilkij1975 (30/09/19 06:37 AM)

#627849 - 30/09/19 09:01 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: wilkij1975]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Of course context matters. If it doesn’t people can use that argument against using that language. “I’m not racist I was just having a laugh”

If we truly want to kick it out and Sterling cares as much as he’d have us believe, ALL kinds of this language, visuals or whatever it be needs to stop, ‘banter’ or not.

Can't see any issue as long as Mendy doesn't feel offended, the only issue is that it went public. I am sure he will or has been reprimanded, but it cannot and will not be the same as Suarez who did it to offend/destabilise

#627851 - 30/09/19 10:28 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
Markhutch1 Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: London
Are you criticizing a Liverpool legend who nearly all fans think he was

unjustly treated?

Edited by Markhutch1 (30/09/19 10:29 AM)

#627852 - 30/09/19 10:42 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Markhutch1]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Markhutch1
Are you criticizing a Liverpool legend who nearly all fans think he was

unjustly treated?

No I'm not, just saying that it was not the same context

#627866 - 01/10/19 05:55 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

So context does matter then?

#627877 - 01/10/19 12:27 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: van Gogh]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By van Gogh
So context does matter then?

Always

#627897 - 02/10/19 05:58 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

He’s been charged by the FA and rightly so if they’re serious about stamping this out. Just because it was ‘banter’ makes no difference.

#627903 - 02/10/19 07:17 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Indeed.

#627911 - 02/10/19 11:16 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

It's not just Silva that needs extra cultural training, but the whole of Man City FC, the way they've all tried to explain it as a joke amongst friends. When supposed role models post on social media like that, they are being followed by millions of fans with a large proportion of them being kids.

#627957 - 04/10/19 03:01 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

It's not just Silva that needs extra cultural training, but the whole of Man City FC, the way they've all tried to explain it as a joke amongst friends. When supposed role models post on social media like that, they are being followed by millions of fans with a large proportion of them being kids.

Did you think likewise when the LFC players wore the shirt in support of Suarez?

#627959 - 04/10/19 04:03 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Ah, had almost managed to forget about that.

Has to be up there amongst the top 3 most bizarre and embarassing moments of my life as a Liverpool supporter.

#627960 - 04/10/19 04:07 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: van Gogh]
Markhutch1 Offline
Under 16 Player

You are right.

It was embarassing how Suarez got a lengthy ban whilst John Terrys comment to Rio Ferdinand was completely overlooked.

#627982 - 04/10/19 09:18 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

Did you think likewise when the LFC players wore the shirt in support of Suarez?

It was unprecedented the Suarez / Evra incident and the circus that ensued. I see no vilifying of City or Silva by the FA, MSM, Pundits or rival fans over this, the way Suarez was treated.
Surely this should set the standard? Where's the 3 partisan hand picked judiciary panel? where's the cultural appropriation inquisition, social media experts? I see none of this in this instance and let's not forget all they had to go on for Suarez's incident was Evra's testimony. Silva's was put out there for the world to see on social media.

We either punish racism or we don't...The FA set the rules when they went after Suarez and punished him, so no matter which way Silva's blatant racism is manipulated by him and City, it's still racism and he should be punished accordingly.

Kick It Out...Stamp It Out...we have to be consistent on racism.

#627989 - 05/10/19 02:48 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

It was unprecedented the Suarez / Evra incident and the circus that ensued. I see no vilifying of City or Silva by the FA, MSM, Pundits or rival fans over this, the way Suarez was treated.
Surely this should set the standard? Where's the 3 partisan hand picked judiciary panel? where's the cultural appropriation inquisition, social media experts? I see none of this in this instance and let's not forget all they had to go on for Suarez's incident was Evra's testimony. Silva's was put out there for the world to see on social media.

We either punish racism or we don't...The FA set the rules when they went after Suarez and punished him, so no matter which way Silva's blatant racism is manipulated by him and City, it's still racism and he should be punished accordingly.

Kick It Out...Stamp It Out...we have to be consistent on racism.

You didn't answer, did you think likewise when the whole LFC team wore their t shirts in support of Suarez, ie, they whole lot had to be punished? They didn't get any punishment did they?

#627990 - 05/10/19 04:17 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

A serious question because I struggle to understand, if Will Hugues' friend (let's say Troy Deeney) twittered a photo likening him to Ken (I think he is Barbie's boyfriend or something), will the friend be punished by the FA for that? I feel this pc correct thing is really going too far because Mendy does look like that cartoon photo and Mendy doesn't seem offended. The only problem is it was public, and he was stupid, otherwise I don't understand the fuss.

I do understand that Pickles wants a weaker City, but that's not what I am talking about

Edited by EnergisedReds (05/10/19 04:19 AM)

#627992 - 05/10/19 06:09 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
Markhutch1 Offline
Under 16 Player

Pickles wanted the whole team to get banned after they supported Suarez.

Including Kenny who wore the t shirt as well.

Another shill pretending to support Liverpool.

#627995 - 05/10/19 07:50 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
paul66 Offline
Under 23 Player

A serious question because I struggle to understand, if Will Hugues' friend (let's say Troy Deeney) twittered a photo likening him to Ken (I think he is Barbie's boyfriend or something), will the friend be punished by the FA for that? I feel this pc correct thing is really going too far because Mendy does look like that cartoon photo and Mendy doesn't seem offended. The only problem is it was public, and he was stupid, otherwise I don't understand the fuss.

I do understand that Pickles wants a weaker City, but that's not what I am talking about

That's the way I see it. But suppose they have to be seen to be doing something as it is in the public eye. I wouldn't condemn the guy for what he done though

#627996 - 05/10/19 07:57 AM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: EnergisedReds]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

I think any public racial stereotyping should be punished. I’m not overly PC by any stretch but if the FA and kick it out are serious they can’t pick and choose what they punish. It wasn’t like the Suarez or Terry incident so no need to go over the top but it needs sanctioning none the less or anything the FA and kick it out have done is undermined.

#628012 - 05/10/19 02:54 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: wilkij1975]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

I think any public racial stereotyping should be punished. I’m not overly PC by any stretch but if the FA and kick it out are serious they can’t pick and choose what they punish. It wasn’t like the Suarez or Terry incident so no need to go over the top but it needs sanctioning none the less or anything the FA and kick it out have done is undermined.

I agree, all public racism should be dealt with, its odd that Conguitos choose/are allowed to use the branding, we removed similar characters from Jam Jars years ago.

#628013 - 05/10/19 03:04 PM Re: Bernardo Silva: FA contacts Man City over player's tweet [Re: ecnirp98]
Markhutch1 Offline
Under 16 Player

The views of John Barnes is that the narrative must change.

He is saying that if action is taken against Silva then its sending out the wrong message.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Timo Werner
by *** Suso ***
19/11/19 09:21 AM
Does anyone actually like the international breaks?
by wilkij1975
19/11/19 07:39 AM
Disrespectful comments from BBC & Southgate about Gomez?
by wilkij1975
19/11/19 07:37 AM
Alexander Arnold future midfielder ?
by redordead13
18/11/19 08:08 PM
Leicester now Liverpool's biggest PL threat?
by AccaBoosty
18/11/19 07:06 PM

General Discussion
The real origins of Brexit by Russell Taylor
by wilkij1975
19/11/19 07:34 AM
Buy ielts,toefl,toeic(pr
ofessionaldocuments5
[spamprevention])pas
sp

by Smith2
19/11/19 12:51 AM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
18/11/19 08:28 PM
pedo prince
by EMP
17/11/19 09:28 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
12/11/19 07:22 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 176
wilkij1975 127
EMP 105
Stanley Park 72
ecnirp98 52
Pickles 47
Markhutch1 42
van Gogh 36
Dunk 35