Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Pickles
The Supreme Court is a very unBritish and unDemocratic very recent institution from the Tony Blair era. Setup in 2005 designed to realign Britain’s old-established legal system as Blair is the one who made it into an EU friendly model and with it the leftist agenda. The decision today is borderline tyrannical made by unrepresentative, unaccountable people who have now presumed the authority to strike down actual government decisions. This weakens any future government’s claim to moral and political authority and their basic ability to relate to parliament, to negotiate treaties, and to act on the will of the people. UK Citizens are now hostages and their vote means diddly squat!

Oh dear

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Nothing was more certain the courts would find against Johnson the courts to my knowledge have never found in favour or brexit and opposed it on every case. They are working with the speaker and remain parliament.

However ironically this could work for Johnson assuming he does not resign. He can position himself as on the side of the people vs the establishment

Sure the left and remainers will be crowing today but they might not be in future when the courts and the establishment find against their democratic aims given they have fundamentally changed how our governance operates all in a desperate bid to overturn the publics vote. There are a lot of very angry people in Britain tonight

That won't harm johnsons chances in an election and remain parliament cannot block an election forever

So it's all a conspiracy and even your supreme court is in on the act.

I am sure a lot of people are angry at the fact that yet again their PM has been shown to be exceptionally economical with the truth.

I think people will be angry because yet again this farce is going to be prolonged. People will be angry as parliament seem more interested in their own gains than what people voted for. I could go on but I’d be here all night listing the things that people could be angry about with this shower of turds.

Of course people like yourself who’ve never brought themselves to accept the vote will be jumping for joy but most of the people I know, remainers or leavers, just want this finished for the good of the country. Yes yes. No one knew what they voted for I know.

Why do people who voted remain now have to accept leaving with No Deal?

Also how is leaving with No Deal going to be for the good of the country.

No one mentioned No Deal before the referendum. Easiest deal in history anyone?

If people want to get angry then get angry with the tories. This is their creation, no one else's.

There was a democratic vote and leave won. Not a hard concept to grasp. We need to leave in whatever way possible.

No one knows if a no deal will be good for us. No one knows if a deal will be good for us. No one knows if staying in will be good for us. Obviously the remain press won’t report anything but leaving being bad.

No deal was always there. It’s the default legal position to leave. Most people I know who wanted to leave wanted a clean break. A no deal. People knew about it.

And yes, you keep saying it’s a Tory problem and it’s all their fault. But it’s bigger than that now. Not one single party is doing anything for the good of us all. Labour are still on the fence and after calling for an election for two years are now running away because they know they’ll lose. The Lib Dem’s will do what they can to stay as will Jimmy Crankie. They’re all playing political games and not looking out for the good of this country.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
No one knows if a no deal will be good for us. Yet you know that a 32 hour week will ruin the country. That's handy.

One a tory policy, the other a labour policy.

Again, when during the referendum campaign did the leave leaders tell the voters that you would be leaving with no deal? There are no end of quotes extolling the virtues of a trade deal and negotiating the easiest deal in history.

Once more, this a problem created entirely by the tory party. Yet you have a go at labour, the lib dems and the SNP.

If it wasn't for those opposition parties the UK would be staring into the insanity of a No Deal brexit in a few weeks time. I think in blocking no deal they did a great amount of good for your country.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I left out the Tory’s in my moan which I shouldn’t have because I hold them all in as much contempt as one another. And I moan about them as they’re not working towards getting us out with a deal. May had a deal that we kept being told was terrible by everyone in parliament and people in the media yet no one could articulate why it was terrible.

If they would ALL put party politics to one side then this would’ve been done by now.

No deal isn’t a Tory policy. It’s the legal default position for us to leave. I can’t recall how much or if was mentioned in the referendum campaign but that’s the fact of the matter. A deal could’ve been easy if they’d done what I said above.

As for the 4 day week, it’s not about who’s policy it is but more about how, like most of what the commies come out with, that it won’t work. Tell me how you can get the same productivity from a work force in 4 days as you can in 5 with no loss of income, profit or jobs? They spoke of automation helping but automation generally means people aren’t needed.

I don’t want a no deal by the way just pointing out that it might not be the armageddon that the media are pushing.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 25/09/19 10:59 AM.
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
It was a bad deal cause Theresa decided to go off on her own and not involve anybody. The brexiters want a no deal(despite campaigning and lying about second referendums and easy deals) and the opposition didn't want her deal cause they were left out of it and don't trust the tories anyway. Illegal referendum, would have had to be re-run if it was a legally binding vote ,because of cheating in the leave campaign. A putin inspired democratic coup it was, supported by russian money accepting liars and cheats, that is destroying your country.

The tories are a joke and you needed real adults to pull out of the EU, people that would have gotten everyone together and sorted out N.ireland (which was stupidly ignored and is the real problem with brexit) and agreed a proper deal and then submit article 50. This mess is a tory russian mess.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
It was a bad deal cause Theresa decided to go off on her own and not involve anybody. The brexiters want a no deal(despite campaigning and lying about second referendums and easy deals) and the opposition didn't want her deal cause they were left out of it and don't trust the tories anyway. Illegal referendum, would have had to be re-run if it was a legally binding vote ,because of cheating in the leave campaign. A putin inspired democratic coup it was, supported by russian money accepting liars and cheats, that is destroying your country.

The tories are a joke and you needed real adults to pull out of the EU, people that would have gotten everyone together and sorted out N.ireland (which was stupidly ignored and is the real problem with brexit) and agreed a proper deal and then submit article 50. This mess is a tory russian mess.

Yet again, no specifics of why the deal was bad. Unless you call the others being left out a good reason which is nuts!

As for the rest of that post. Oh dear.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
British parliament, our courts and our speaker have descended into farce

We are a banana republic

Maybe we should adopt the stormont parliament model who have not sat for 3 years because they are at one another's throats. We could not be any worse right now

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

We are a banana republic

Maybe we should adopt the stormont parliament model who have not sat for 3 years because they are at one another's throats. We could not be any worse right now

they have not sat because the DUP stole loads of money and don't want to account for it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP

For demented rants you can't beat emp. Re the binding legality of a referendum I think that applies to all referendums including the one we had in 1975 parliament (which is sovereign has power to reject the result) however for the 2016 referendum and for all referendums to date to chose not to do that. Leaving the EU is still the default position and it's law

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

We are a banana republic

May be something to do with the fact that the supposedly impartial british government was dependent on the DUP. That always makes impartiality tricky.

And Bojo has just been put in his place by your Supreme Court for trying to close down your parliament.

#they aren't racists they're just characters.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion