KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#627619 - 24/09/19 05:24 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Pickles]
Shaggydog Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: Derry
Originally Posted By Pickles
Forcing parliament back into session does nothing to help remainers other than expose their hypocrisy, the clueless backasswardness of Labour's promise to negotiate a Deal and then campaign against it, and the LibDems blatant and shrill anti-democracy. The corrupt and biased Supreme Court, the intransigent Juncker, the shrill yapping of the self-important Varadkar, the posturing of the irrelevant Macron--- all has the same effect. It all pushes BoJo and the government to give two fingers to the whole lot, erase any vestiges of inclination to compromise, and increase the chances of a Clean No Deal Brexit.

Is there anyone you don't dislike?

#627624 - 24/09/19 06:16 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Shaggydog]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Nothing was more certain the courts would find against Johnson the courts to my knowledge have never found in favour or brexit and opposed it on every case. They are working with the speaker and remain parliament.

However ironically this could work for Johnson assuming he does not resign. He can position himself as on the side of the people vs the establishment

Sure the left and remainers will be crowing today but they might not be in future when the courts and the establishment find against their democratic aims given they have fundamentally changed how our governance operates all in a desperate bid to overturn the publics vote. There are a lot of very angry people in Britain tonight

That won't harm johnsons chances in an election and remain parliament cannot block an election forever

#627628 - 24/09/19 06:30 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Stanley Park]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Destination unknown
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Nothing was more certain the courts would find against Johnson the courts to my knowledge have never found in favour or brexit and opposed it on every case. They are working with the speaker and remain parliament.

However ironically this could work for Johnson assuming he does not resign. He can position himself as on the side of the people vs the establishment

Sure the left and remainers will be crowing today but they might not be in future when the courts and the establishment find against their democratic aims given they have fundamentally changed how our governance operates all in a desperate bid to overturn the publics vote. There are a lot of very angry people in Britain tonight

That won't harm johnsons chances in an election and remain parliament cannot block an election forever
Nope,just you.

#627629 - 24/09/19 06:32 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Stanley Park]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Are you saying the judges of your supreme court are not neutral? Do you really think everybody is against the Brexiters? Do you know that only 34% of the voters actually voted for Brexit, does this represent the people? I think emotions are disturbing your vision, seriously. The best thing that can happen to your country is a new referendum on 2 rounds with 3 options, no deal, negotiated deal and no Brexit can't see a general election solving the issue, there is a bigger probability of another hung parliament. Can't see first time / young voters going for no deal Tories.

#627631 - 24/09/19 06:37 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Shaggydog]
lumba Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Destination unknown
It was probably the fault of the younger voter who can't be arsed to vote that put us into this mess in the first place.

#627641 - 24/09/19 07:11 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Stanley Park]
Shaggydog Offline
1st Team Regular

So it's all a conspiracy and even your supreme court is in on the act.

I am sure a lot of people are angry at the fact that yet again their PM has been shown to be exceptionally economical with the truth.

#627651 - 24/09/19 08:02 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Shaggydog]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

The Supreme Court is a very unBritish and unDemocratic very recent institution from the Tony Blair era. Setup in 2005 designed to realign Britain’s old-established legal system as Blair is the one who made it into an EU friendly model and with it the leftist agenda. The decision today is borderline tyrannical made by unrepresentative, unaccountable people who have now presumed the authority to strike down actual government decisions. This weakens any future government’s claim to moral and political authority and their basic ability to relate to parliament, to negotiate treaties, and to act on the will of the people. UK Citizens are now hostages and their vote means diddly squat!

#627652 - 24/09/19 08:13 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: lumba]
wilkij1975 Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Originally Posted By lumba
It was probably the fault of the younger voter who can't be arsed to vote that put us into this mess in the first place.

Well weren’t they the age group with the smallest turn out in the referendum? Then the biggest whingers that it didn’t go ‘their’ way.

#627653 - 24/09/19 08:18 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: Shaggydog]
wilkij1975 Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I am sure a lot of people are angry at the fact that yet again their PM has been shown to be exceptionally economical with the truth.

I think people will be angry because yet again this farce is going to be prolonged. People will be angry as parliament seem more interested in their own gains than what people voted for. I could go on but I’d be here all night listing the things that people could be angry about with this shower of turds.

Of course people like yourself who’ve never brought themselves to accept the vote will be jumping for joy but most of the people I know, remainers or leavers, just want this finished for the good of the country. Yes yes. No one knew what they voted for I know.

#627654 - 24/09/19 09:11 PM Re: Bojo's proroguing of parliament was unlawful [Re: wilkij1975]
Shaggydog Offline
1st Team Regular

Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I think people will be angry because yet again this farce is going to be prolonged. People will be angry as parliament seem more interested in their own gains than what people voted for. I could go on but I’d be here all night listing the things that people could be angry about with this shower of turds.

Of course people like yourself who’ve never brought themselves to accept the vote will be jumping for joy but most of the people I know, remainers or leavers, just want this finished for the good of the country. Yes yes. No one knew what they voted for I know.

Why do people who voted remain now have to accept leaving with No Deal?

Also how is leaving with No Deal going to be for the good of the country.

No one mentioned No Deal before the referendum. Easiest deal in history anyone?

If people want to get angry then get angry with the tories. This is their creation, no one else's.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
How many Man City or Leicester players would get in our team
by ghostgoal
08/12/19 10:20 PM
Coming up Man City Vs Leicester
by redordead13
08/12/19 09:55 PM
11 points clear of city feeling safe ?
by TheMightyLFC
08/12/19 08:21 PM
Matheus Pereira.
by Mr Bojangles
08/12/19 05:36 PM
Club WC squad
by van Gogh
07/12/19 02:27 PM

General Discussion
BANANA DUCT-TAPED TO A WALL SELLS FOR $120,000 AT ART BASEL
by ecnirp98
08/12/19 02:06 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by Pickles
06/12/19 01:22 PM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
02/12/19 08:35 PM
pedo prince
by Markhutch1
29/11/19 10:53 AM
Extinction Rebellion
by EMP
20/11/19 08:54 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)