Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I agree, it was Klopp's decision, however, it looks to me that Brewster is not a significant option yet, else he would have played some first team football even as a substitute for a few minutes.

That said, we lost the game because of a bad penalty decision and a draw would have better reflected the way the game went.

Yep, we lost because of a poor penalty decision and that we did not take our chance with poor final passes, but we were away against probably our most difficult opponent in the group, we should have had more attacking options on the bench, even if Brewster is not fully ready, giving him 10 minutes experience in the CL would be good.

Don't think he is up to it, we'll know better in the League cup as we play our B team

I hope he is upto it, as everyone pre-season was talking him up as the viable replacement for Sturridge.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I agree, it was Klopp's decision, however, it looks to me that Brewster is not a significant option yet, else he would have played some first team football even as a substitute for a few minutes.

That said, we lost the game because of a bad penalty decision and a draw would have better reflected the way the game went.

Yep, we lost because of a poor penalty decision and that we did not take our chance with poor final passes, but we were away against probably our most difficult opponent in the group, we should have had more attacking options on the bench, even if Brewster is not fully ready, giving him 10 minutes experience in the CL would be good.

Don't think he is up to it, we'll know better in the League cup as we play our B team

I hope he is upto it, as everyone pre-season was talking him up as the viable replacement for Sturridge.

What I meant was, up to it in the CL, I think against MK Dons he should be fine.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=EnergisedReds]

What I meant was, up to it in the CL, I think against MK Dons he should be fine.

But with Origi injured, we may need Brewster for 30 mins against Chelsea in PL or in the next CL game, I was ok with us not bringing in a forward like Pepe or Werner if Klopp & the coaches thought Brewster was ready to play for the first team, so far I see no evidence of that as he is not even making the bench. We need to have a forward on the bench to change things around and stretch already tired teams for the last 20 minutes etc.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=EnergisedReds]

But with Origi injured, we may need Brewster for 30 mins against Chelsea in PL or in the next CL game, I was ok with us not bringing in a forward like Pepe or Werner if Klopp & the coaches thought Brewster was ready to play for the first team, so far I see no evidence of that as he is not even making the bench. We need to have a forward on the bench to change things around and stretch already tired teams for the last 20 minutes etc.

I was not, but maybe Brewster is the answer. But yes, Klopp not having played him at all so far is a worry as it will mean Origi is better than him. But as long as Firmino and Mane are fine, we should be fine.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion