KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#627503 - 19/09/19 08:45 PM Re: John Stones: Man City defender suffers muscle injury [Re: EnergisedReds]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I agree, it was Klopp's decision, however, it looks to me that Brewster is not a significant option yet, else he would have played some first team football even as a substitute for a few minutes.

That said, we lost the game because of a bad penalty decision and a draw would have better reflected the way the game went.

Yep, we lost because of a poor penalty decision and that we did not take our chance with poor final passes, but we were away against probably our most difficult opponent in the group, we should have had more attacking options on the bench, even if Brewster is not fully ready, giving him 10 minutes experience in the CL would be good.

Don't think he is up to it, we'll know better in the League cup as we play our B team

I hope he is upto it, as everyone pre-season was talking him up as the viable replacement for Sturridge.

#627505 - 20/09/19 02:17 AM Re: John Stones: Man City defender suffers muscle injury [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

I agree, it was Klopp's decision, however, it looks to me that Brewster is not a significant option yet, else he would have played some first team football even as a substitute for a few minutes.

That said, we lost the game because of a bad penalty decision and a draw would have better reflected the way the game went.

Yep, we lost because of a poor penalty decision and that we did not take our chance with poor final passes, but we were away against probably our most difficult opponent in the group, we should have had more attacking options on the bench, even if Brewster is not fully ready, giving him 10 minutes experience in the CL would be good.

Don't think he is up to it, we'll know better in the League cup as we play our B team

I hope he is upto it, as everyone pre-season was talking him up as the viable replacement for Sturridge.

What I meant was, up to it in the CL, I think against MK Dons he should be fine.

#627510 - 20/09/19 11:27 AM Re: John Stones: Man City defender suffers muscle injury [Re: EnergisedReds]
ecnirp98 Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=EnergisedReds]

What I meant was, up to it in the CL, I think against MK Dons he should be fine.

But with Origi injured, we may need Brewster for 30 mins against Chelsea in PL or in the next CL game, I was ok with us not bringing in a forward like Pepe or Werner if Klopp & the coaches thought Brewster was ready to play for the first team, so far I see no evidence of that as he is not even making the bench. We need to have a forward on the bench to change things around and stretch already tired teams for the last 20 minutes etc.

#627511 - 20/09/19 11:56 AM Re: John Stones: Man City defender suffers muscle injury [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

[quote=ecnirp98][quote=EnergisedReds]

But with Origi injured, we may need Brewster for 30 mins against Chelsea in PL or in the next CL game, I was ok with us not bringing in a forward like Pepe or Werner if Klopp & the coaches thought Brewster was ready to play for the first team, so far I see no evidence of that as he is not even making the bench. We need to have a forward on the bench to change things around and stretch already tired teams for the last 20 minutes etc.

I was not, but maybe Brewster is the answer. But yes, Klopp not having played him at all so far is a worry as it will mean Origi is better than him. But as long as Firmino and Mane are fine, we should be fine.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Timo Werner
by *** Suso ***
19/11/19 09:21 AM
Does anyone actually like the international breaks?
by wilkij1975
19/11/19 07:39 AM
Disrespectful comments from BBC & Southgate about Gomez?
by wilkij1975
19/11/19 07:37 AM
Alexander Arnold future midfielder ?
by redordead13
18/11/19 08:08 PM
Leicester now Liverpool's biggest PL threat?
by AccaBoosty
18/11/19 07:06 PM

General Discussion
The real origins of Brexit by Russell Taylor
by wilkij1975
19/11/19 07:34 AM
Buy ielts,toefl,toeic(pr
ofessionaldocuments5
[spamprevention])pas
sp

by Smith2
19/11/19 12:51 AM
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
18/11/19 08:28 PM
pedo prince
by EMP
17/11/19 09:28 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
12/11/19 07:22 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 176
wilkij1975 127
EMP 105
Stanley Park 72
ecnirp98 52
Pickles 47
Markhutch1 42
van Gogh 36
Dunk 35