Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
If only they’d strengthened whistle

They have, this is why Fernandinho will play in central defence and Rodri who they bought for 65m will take Fernandinho's place in the midfield. Otherwise they rested their best player so far, ie, Aguero in the CL game and Jesus scored, that will help to keep the former fresher while our Firmino has to get fit quicker whistle

Oooooh. A midfielder in defence? Who would have accepted that here? No one that’s who.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
I'm not overly concerned about the Napoli game. We'll get out of the group and that is all we need to do at this point. The league games we need to keep banging out wins as we know how difficult a task it is to beat city. And I think we can do that.

It would have been humid there so that could have caused tiredness.

More humid than Liverpool? That would be a challenge I think

We’re you in the uk on Tuesday? It wasn’t humid I can tell you that not that I believe the weather effected us.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
I'm not overly concerned about the Napoli game. We'll get out of the group and that is all we need to do at this point. The league games we need to keep banging out wins as we know how difficult a task it is to beat city. And I think we can do that.

It would have been humid there so that could have caused tiredness.

More humid than Liverpool? That would be a challenge I think

We’re you in the uk on Tuesday? It wasn’t humid I can tell you that not that I believe the weather effected us.

No I was not, but I didn't understand we were comparing the Tuesday specific humidity only. But from experience I know UK and Liverpool are humid most of the time, this is why I said, I think.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

They have, this is why Fernandinho will play in central defence and Rodri who they bought for 65m will take Fernandinho's place in the midfield. Otherwise they rested their best player so far, ie, Aguero in the CL game and Jesus scored, that will help to keep the former fresher while our Firmino has to get fit quicker whistle

Oooooh. A midfielder in defence? Who would have accepted that here? No one that’s who.

Here? Where? You probably are not aware that Matip used to be a defensive midfielder and Mascerano played in central defence under Pep at Barca for a number of years.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Rodri looks a good player, but I think it will take him time to get used to the PL, Fernandinho looks much better than him in DM, we will have to see how he settles in CB, but I think it weakens City.

It's a shame Origi got injured at the weekend, Napoli would have been a good game for him, I don't understand why we had Lovren & Gomez on the bench, when we went a goal behind we did not have many attacking options, someone like Brewster would have been good to chuck on for the last 10 minutes, Napoli looked very tired with players going down with cramp, Brewster's pace is the last thing they would have wanted to face.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Rodri looks a good player, but I think it will take him time to get used to the PL, Fernandinho looks much better than him in DM, we will have to see how he settles in CB, but I think it weakens City.

It's a shame Origi got injured at the weekend, Napoli would have been a good game for him, I don't understand why we had Lovren & Gomez on the bench, when we went a goal behind we did not have many attacking options, someone like Brewster would have been good to chuck on for the last 10 minutes, Napoli looked very tired with players going down with cramp, Brewster's pace is the last thing they would have wanted to face.

Of course losing Stones and Laporte weakens City especially the latter. That said, with the depth of their squad they still have options. As you say, we didn't have any attacking options from the bench on Tuesday and we only have a teenager who is not even always on the bench. Let's hope he is as good as Owen at the same age, we might need him rather sooner than later

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Of course losing Stones and Laporte weakens City especially the latter. That said, with the depth of their squad they still have options. As you say, we didn't have any attacking options from the bench on Tuesday and we only have a teenager who is not even always on the bench. Let's hope he is as good as Owen at the same age, we might need him rather sooner than later

We didn't have attacking options, but that was Klopps decision, we could have had Brewster on the bench rather than Lovren, I didn't see the point of 2 CB on the bench, Gomez could cover CB & FB and have Brewster there for Lovren, we had no forwards on the bench when we needed a quick goal to pull the game back, Shaq is more a winger/AM for me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I agree, it was Klopp's decision, however, it looks to me that Brewster is not a significant option yet, else he would have played some first team football even as a substitute for a few minutes.

That said, we lost the game because of a bad penalty decision and a draw would have better reflected the way the game went.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 19/09/19 11:10 AM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I agree, it was Klopp's decision, however, it looks to me that Brewster is not a significant option yet, else he would have played some first team football even as a substitute for a few minutes.

That said, we lost the game because of a bad penalty decision and a draw would have better reflected the way the game went.

Yep, we lost because of a poor penalty decision and that we did not take our chance with poor final passes, but we were away against probably our most difficult opponent in the group, we should have had more attacking options on the bench, even if Brewster is not fully ready, giving him 10 minutes experience in the CL would be good.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Yep, we lost because of a poor penalty decision and that we did not take our chance with poor final passes, but we were away against probably our most difficult opponent in the group, we should have had more attacking options on the bench, even if Brewster is not fully ready, giving him 10 minutes experience in the CL would be good.

Don't think he is up to it, we'll know better in the League cup as we play our B team

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion