KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#627440 - 18/09/19 06:23 AM What's happening to VAR?
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

I was quite positive with it when introduced, but it looks to me that its influence is being toned down to keep the flow of the games, which is defeating a big part of its purpose. This is more obvious in the EPL but now it is moving in the CL as well. Whilst everybody agrees that the final decision should be the ref's but when there are 50-50 situations, he should be advised to check on the screen. Yesterday's penalty was a dive for me on slow motion, though this was not so clear at normal speed. Maybe the ref wouldn't have changed his decision, but I don't think it was right for him not to be advised to check.

#627443 - 18/09/19 07:54 AM Re: What's happening to VAR? [Re: EnergisedReds]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

There is a lack of consistency in VAR's use by referees, some Ref's are being belligerent in not taking the time to go to VAR.
There should be a system in place where the referees are being monitored for their consistency in utilizing the technology that is there to help them. I'm getting the impression that there is push back by Referees on VAR's use? Until they are held accountable for their failure in using the technology then we are going to have incidents like the Robbo pen and the Matip blatant foul from the weekend that was a stonewall pen.

Take the technology's use out of the hands of the Refs and have a panel of 3 people watching live in time play and stopping it when there is any kind of incident to review it. This way there would be consistency in VAR's use and not leaving up to the inconsistent judgement of a Ref.

#627451 - 18/09/19 06:07 PM Re: What's happening to VAR? [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Pickles
There is a lack of consistency in VAR's use by referees, some Ref's are being belligerent in not taking the time to go to VAR.
There should be a system in place where the referees are being monitored for their consistency in utilizing the technology that is there to help them. I'm getting the impression that there is push back by Referees on VAR's use? Until they are held accountable for their failure in using the technology then we are going to have incidents like the Robbo pen and the Matip blatant foul from the weekend that was a stonewall pen.

Take the technology's use out of the hands of the Refs and have a panel of 3 people watching live in time play and stopping it when there is any kind of incident to review it. This way there would be consistency in VAR's use and not leaving up to the inconsistent judgement of a Ref.

The problem is not the judgement of the ref but those watching the screen, they need to advise the ref to have a look, I am sure he will check if advised so

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
PL Refs and up tp date training
by Pickles
Today at 08:04 AM
VAR in the EPL
by elimmel
Today at 01:39 AM
CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V UNITED
by ecnirp98