Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#627440 18/09/19 06:23 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I was quite positive with it when introduced, but it looks to me that its influence is being toned down to keep the flow of the games, which is defeating a big part of its purpose. This is more obvious in the EPL but now it is moving in the CL as well. Whilst everybody agrees that the final decision should be the ref's but when there are 50-50 situations, he should be advised to check on the screen. Yesterday's penalty was a dive for me on slow motion, though this was not so clear at normal speed. Maybe the ref wouldn't have changed his decision, but I don't think it was right for him not to be advised to check.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
There is a lack of consistency in VAR's use by referees, some Ref's are being belligerent in not taking the time to go to VAR.
There should be a system in place where the referees are being monitored for their consistency in utilizing the technology that is there to help them. I'm getting the impression that there is push back by Referees on VAR's use? Until they are held accountable for their failure in using the technology then we are going to have incidents like the Robbo pen and the Matip blatant foul from the weekend that was a stonewall pen.

Take the technology's use out of the hands of the Refs and have a panel of 3 people watching live in time play and stopping it when there is any kind of incident to review it. This way there would be consistency in VAR's use and not leaving up to the inconsistent judgement of a Ref.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
There is a lack of consistency in VAR's use by referees, some Ref's are being belligerent in not taking the time to go to VAR.
There should be a system in place where the referees are being monitored for their consistency in utilizing the technology that is there to help them. I'm getting the impression that there is push back by Referees on VAR's use? Until they are held accountable for their failure in using the technology then we are going to have incidents like the Robbo pen and the Matip blatant foul from the weekend that was a stonewall pen.

Take the technology's use out of the hands of the Refs and have a panel of 3 people watching live in time play and stopping it when there is any kind of incident to review it. This way there would be consistency in VAR's use and not leaving up to the inconsistent judgement of a Ref.

The problem is not the judgement of the ref but those watching the screen, they need to advise the ref to have a look, I am sure he will check if advised so

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion