Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#627428 17/09/19 03:39 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I went to my first game on the kop in 1963 my dad took me. I have not been continuously but have for most of my adult life and had season ticket for 40 years. So I guess I have seen the kop maybe thousands of times. Albeit I have rarely been on the kop for those 40 years I find being on the kop wearying with people standing up etc.

But seeing it is another matter.

However watching before the kick off on Saturday it's lost none of its theatre. There are few finer sights in sport never mind football.

I realise I have been lucky and not everyone lives within regular travelling distance of anfield especially when today we are a global entity. However if you have not been to anfield I would urge folks to make the effort, its worth it. Maybe only Dortmund can compare in theatre

Have you been to see the kop ? What was your experience ?

Last edited by Stanley Park; 17/09/19 03:41 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I went to my first game on the kop in 1963 my dad took me. I have not been continuously but have for most of my adult life and had season ticket for 40 years. So I guess I have seen the kop maybe thousands of times. Albeit I have rarely been on the kop for those 40 years I find being on the kop wearying with people standing up etc.

But seeing it is another matter.

However watching before the kick off on Saturday it's lost none of its theatre. There are few finer sights in sport never mind football.

I realise I have been lucky and not everyone lives within regular travelling distance of anfield especially when today we are a global entity. However if you have not been to anfield I would urge folks to make the effort, its worth it. Maybe only Dortmund can compare in theatre

Have you been to see the kop ? What was your experience ?

Yes I have been but unfortunately not on a match day, it was for the Anfield visit. Funny enough I went to Goodison Park to watch a game on that day, we drew 3-3 (Coutinho, Sturridge and I think Suarez scored) in the early kick off and after the game I crossed the park to Anfield before catching the train back to London and leaving UK the following day. May be one day I will have the luck to go on a match day especially as it looks like we will stay at Anfield for quite a while. I didn't choose the easiest club to support, if I was supporting a London club I am sure I would have watched a number of times, but no regrets.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion