Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
So are you saying it's OK to implement something that people didn't know they were voting for?

Again, the problem is that your PM is a liar who can't be trusted by the opposition.

You do know that that tories are talking about entering into an electoral pact with Farage.

Also they only formed the current government after entering into a confidence and supply agreement with the DUP

I think people did know what they were voting for. However I am quite prepared to believe you didn't know

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
make it a legally binding vote and go again

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The main reason they are holding off the election till 31st oct other than stopping brexit is it will boost the brexit party. The brexit party will mainly take votes off conservatives so labour think this gives them a better chance plus the great goal of stopping brexit

Our politicians act for themselves and the country can go to hell.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
So are you saying it's OK to implement something that people didn't know they were voting for?

Again, the problem is that your PM is a liar who can't be trusted by the opposition.

You do know that that tories are talking about entering into an electoral pact with Farage.

Also they only formed the current government after entering into a confidence and supply agreement with the DUP

To be fair they knew if they belived the remainers, this is what Cameron said. However, I think those who voted leave believed the Brexit MPs like Gove and Bojo who said that there will be a deal with the EU because the latter needed it more than UK. But of course that was the nth lie.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The main reason they are holding off the election till 31st oct other than stopping brexit is it will boost the brexit party. The brexit party will mainly take votes off conservatives so labour think this gives them a better chance plus the great goal of stopping brexit

Our politicians act for themselves and the country can go to hell.

Why would a couple of weeks election difference favour the Brexit party more, are you going to vote the Farage party if elections are held in November?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

I think people did know what they were voting for. However I am quite prepared to believe you didn't know

Well apparently you know better than these two.

Bojo: There is no plan for a no deal because we are going to get a great deal

Gove: We didn't vote to leave without a deal.

You unfortunately are in full blown unicorn mode, but thankfully these two gentlemen totally contradict you.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I think people are missing the point of the orginal post. I can understand fully why shaggy can't understand and it's not fair to ask him to.

However for the rest this is not about the pros and cons of brexit this is about the changes the establishment has done to stop brexit as described in OP.

These are changes to our Democratic processes that no one voted for and have largely been carried out by stealth

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think people are missing the point of the orginal post. I can understand fully why shaggy can't understand and it's not fair to ask him to.

However for the rest this is not about the pros and cons of brexit this is about the changes the establishment has done to stop brexit as described in OP.

These are changes to our Democratic processes that no one voted for and have largely been carried out by stealth

What do you mean then, who has stopped Brexit, if anything they have stopped no deal Brexit which was nobody seems to want except Farage and maybe the ERG? Not sure I can follow you there

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Democracy is a real bitch when it doesn't go your way.

Also I understand your anger. I would be annoyed if I discovered I was sold a lie.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
A free unicorn for whoever guesses the author of the following quote

The EU is better placed to strike trade deals with the US or China, than the UK on its own. More generally, there is a risk that leaving will be globally interpreted as a narrow xenophobic backward looking thing to do.

Answers on a postcard to:

The Powerless PM, 10 Downing Street

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion