Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances addressed but are yourselves become the greatest grievance

Oliver Cromwell 1653

The dates may change but the situation doesn't 400 years on. In thòse days parlíament was a drunken mess consisting of Lords who looked after their own personal interests and regarded the ordinary people as sub human. Not really massively different today is it ?

Can you please explain to me what personal interest are the likes of Ken Clarke, Philip Hammond, Amber Rudd etc looking after. If anything, I think your PM is doing everything he can to recoup the voters of the Brexit party after what happened in the European elections and not even thinking about how bad a no deal could be to your country, even a big Brexiter like you always belived a deal, am I wrong.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 08/09/19 11:56 AM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances addressed but are yourselves become the greatest grievance

Oliver Cromwell 1653

The dates may change but the situation doesn't 400 years on. In thòse days parlíament was a drunken mess consisting of Lords who looked after their own personal interests and regarded the ordinary people as sub human. Not really massively different today is it ?

Let me guess, you want parliament closed down and Bojo declared the Lord Protector.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Oliver Cromwell 1653

Let me guess, you want parliament closed down and Bojo declared the Lord Protector.

I want the democratic decision of the British people implemented as we were promised both before and after the vote. I don't think that's a big ask

Last edited by Stanley Park; 09/09/19 06:05 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Necessity has no law.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Oliver Cromwell 1653

I want the democratic decision of the British people implemented as we were promised both before and after the vote. I don't think that's a big ask

You may yet get your wish Stan. After today I think Bojo might opt for a N. Ireland only backstop. He is no longer beholding to the DUP.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 09/09/19 07:37 PM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Not followed the Northern Ireland developments last day or so but that has always been a political thing to stop or frustrate brexit. Now the time is coming to having to find a solution miraculously a solution is found. I am hearing the Benn bill to stop brexit has loopholes galore not surprising as it was rushed through in four days. For example Johnson could comply with the law present the letter to the EU and when asked why the extension is needed simply say he doesn't know ! Making it very difficult for the EU to grant without looking ridiculous. There are other options too I have heard and no doubt some we don't know yet

However is this all not getting silly now ? What is going on ?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Not followed the Northern Ireland developments last day or so but that has always been a political thing to stop or frustrate brexit. Now the time is coming to having to find a solution miraculously a solution is found. I am hearing the Benn bill to stop brexit has loopholes galore not surprising as it was rushed through in four days. For example Johnson could comply with the law present the letter to the EU and when asked why the extension is needed simply say he doesn't know ! Making it very difficult for the EU to grant without looking ridiculous. There are other options too I have heard and no doubt some we don't know yet

However is this all not getting silly now ? What is going on ?

Yeah the whole N. Ireland thing is just a bit of craic because we all want a hard border and direct rule just like before.

Your parliament has become a laughing stock.

BoJo's only way out now is to repackage May's deal and claim he has won concessions.

A N Ireland only backstop would be acceptable to the majority in N. Irelamd. If Bojo agrees a deal he will win the election as he will be able to claim that he has delivered Brexit. If he secures a big enough majority he will no longer need the DUP. However Fargage is still demanding a No deal Brexit and is already suggesting that Bojo is back tracking.

The ERG probably want a No Deal and reparations.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The British parliament is a laughing stock I agree with that. As I said on previous occasions I would have voted for Theresa Mays deal but parliament decided otherwise

As for the Northern Ireland border who would instal and police it ? Not the British then who the Republic of Ireland the EU ? A hard border was never on the cards it's a ploy to improve the EU,s negotiating position assisted by ROI who I expect are getting a little nervous now no deal looks very real

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
looks to me boris just made sure no deal cannot happen..maybe that was his plan all along..poor me vote for me. Tho i think he will be ousted way before an election, his whatsapp messages contain a "scandal" and have been legally requested.

Last edited by EMP; 10/09/19 12:07 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The British parliament is a laughing stock I agree with that. As I said on previous occasions I would have voted for Theresa Mays deal but parliament decided otherwise

As for the Northern Ireland border who would instal and police it ? Not the British then who the Republic of Ireland the EU ? A hard border was never on the cards it's a ploy to improve the EU,s negotiating position assisted by ROI who I expect are getting a little nervous now no deal looks very real

As far as I understand the EU never wanted a a hard border in NI, but then the border would have been de facto in the sea which the DUP refused, remember, when they threatened May. So how can it be a ploy to improve the EU position if it is the DUP that forced your government to refuse that option? What are you talking about.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion